Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-16-2017, 04:41 PM

Default 25 Rim Fire

A guy I know has told me about a rifle his grandfather gave him along with some ammunition. He thinks he might sell some of the ammo but he wants to keep some to give to his boy so he can shoot it too. I told him what I thought it might be worth but I would like to hear from some of you as you will know better.

What would some 25 rim fire sell for? He couldn't remember what grain it was but did know it was CIL.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:55 PM

I would not be selling any ammo, don't know where you would ever find any more, Just my thought's. Just google 25 rimfire $3 buck a rd and up if you can find it.

Last edited by Johnny G1; 10-16-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny G1 View Post
I would not be selling any ammo, don't know where you would ever find any more, Just my thought's. Just google 25 rimfire $3 buck a rd and up if you can find it.
Interesting, part of your post didn't make it onto the thread.

He is planning on keeping enough to take his boy shooting but he figures he has some to spare.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:11 PM

I believe that the old CIL Dominion red box is a black powder load. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). As well, I've heard of stuck bullets causing rings with the old rimfire stuff. I bought a unopened box not too long ago and payed $125 for my collection. I've sold some singles at a show for $3 a piece in a heart beat. They may be crazy but I've seen some full boxes priced at $250. When you shoot these you will never get them back again.

I would keep some of the shells and the gun. Sell some of the shells and buy a cheap 22 for the kid, something he can shoot forever.

Here's a link to a black powder box of 32's I'am referring to.

https://www.joesalter.com/category/p...Subsidiary-Box