Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-01-2016, 10:24 PM

Default Tube bodies for small tube jigs - where to buy

I have a bunch of small tube weights 1/8th oz up to 3/4 oz and I want tubes to put on them. Does anyone know where to purchase just the tubes, particularly for the smaller jigs? I think I saw some bulk at fishing hole but not sure if they get that small. Having a heck of a time on google trying to find some.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I have a bunch of small tube weights 1/8th oz up to 3/4 oz and I want tubes to put on them. Does anyone know where to purchase just the tubes, particularly for the smaller jigs? I think I saw some bulk at fishing hole but not sure if they get that small. Having a heck of a time on google trying to find some.
Bass Pro, Cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.ca/category/tubes/762

http://www.basspro.com/Fishing-Lures...z0uxarZ1z0v4gt

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:10 PM

Cabelas probably has the best selection that I can think of.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Boy my keyword search must have been off. I did not come up with those results at all. Thanks
Old 12-01-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Cabelas probably has the best selection that I can think of.
I was in the south edmonton store the other week and I didn't really notice anything. I am looking for a specific pattern, so maybe my filters are on already.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Boy my keyword search must have been off. I did not come up with those results at all. Thanks
Your welcome, hope that helps.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Your welcome, hope that helps.
Yup, it does. Got a few good ones there.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I was in the south edmonton store the other week and I didn't really notice anything. I am looking for a specific pattern, so maybe my filters are on already.
You might be looking for bigger then the ones I noticed today at the north store. They had a few options for the small size tubes(~1 in) and I know they have some of the ~3 in ones in the scented packs. Fishinhole has I think 3 and 4 in.

If its the 1.5-2 in ones you are looking for I find they are usually pretty tough to find. I got some glow ones from WSS last year but don't remember there being much selection.

The hard part is often finding them as each store puts them in different spots.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
You might be looking for bigger then the ones I noticed today at the north store. They had a few options for the small size tubes(~1 in) and I know they have some of the ~3 in ones in the scented packs. Fishinhole has I think 3 and 4 in.

If its the 1.5-2 in ones you are looking for I find they are usually pretty tough to find. I got some glow ones from WSS last year but don't remember there being much selection.

The hard part is often finding them as each store puts them in different spots.
Yeah was looking for a mix of the small ones and the medium. 3 and 4 in are too big. Picked up some assorted colours at Cabelas. They call them crappie tubes and were located in the ice section. In any case they work fine, but they have none in glow and none of the selection on line of either Bass Pro or Cabelas come in glow in those smaller sizes. Online shopping for fishing tackle north of the 49 is brutal, I have found. Amazon might as well not advertise fishing gear it is so bad. Ebay, no better.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah was looking for a mix of the small ones and the medium. 3 and 4 in are too big. Picked up some assorted colours at Cabelas. They call them crappie tubes and were located in the ice section. In any case they work fine, but they have none in glow and none of the selection on line of either Bass Pro or Cabelas come in glow in those smaller sizes. Online shopping for fishing tackle north of the 49 is brutal, I have found. Amazon might as well not advertise fishing gear it is so bad. Ebay, no better.
These are some small glow ones. Note they would be scented though so can't be used on bait ban lakes. They are probably in the powerbait section in the store.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/74181/...d-atomic-tubes

I know WSS had some glow ones that are 1.5 or 2 inch, they were in the jims jigs section. Their website doesn't show them but might still have some.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Best bet is to order your tubes online, as for some unknown reason, most shops and outdoors stores in AB don't carry them, or have a very small/limited supply.