Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Beaver lake - near lac la biche

Was thinking of beaver near lac la biche for sept long. Anyone fished there for walleye lately??? thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 10:09 AM

I haven't been there this year, but we camped at Fish n' Friends the last 4 or 5 summers. My old boat only had a 5 horse, so I haven't explored as much of the lake as I would have liked.

If you head straight out from the campground, on the shoreline opposite the west side of the first island, there is a sandy point that I've had good luck trolling bottom bouncers and deep diving crankbaits in the morning and evening. If you can find some fish, I've caught a lot of Walleye and Perch with a leech under a slip bobber as well. Hope you have some success, in the last year or so we've noticed the average size of the walleye has dropped quite a bit. Good luck.

Last edited by Chief; 08-24-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:05 PM
-NDN-

great walleye fishing right between fishin' friends, and youngs. one of my all time favorite lakes.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:16 PM

I camped at fish n' friends just before the derby in the begining of August. Weather was not the greatest but managed to fish the lake hard for almost two days. It was my first time there and I was not overly satisfied. Landed a few smaller pike and a couple of eyes under 50, but only managed to get two that were keepers. Fished a variety of spots...there is a bay two points east of the campground that was decent. Also found a couple of drop offs south of the campsite in between the islands where we caught a few. Used minnows instead of leeches for jiggin', also bottom bouncers and spinners or cranks which are a good option when the water is this warm and they eyes are very scattered. All the other anglers I spoke with hadn't been having much luck either, and there was little action at the fillet table. Did manage to catch many perch one bored afternoon however. I had heard a lot of good things about the lake, but I was somewhat dissapointed overall. Coul've been time of year, weather patterns etc...And my lack of knowledge of the lake. Wherever you go, have a great long weekend!