Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Pigeon Lake report for August 28th

Me and a bud snuck out after work to Mulhurst. The weather was nothing short of breathless, warm and inviting.

I tried a slip bobber for whites for about and hour and half. I did register some small hits but failed to connect on the hook set. Once we started trolling with bottom bouncers though, the walleye were on. The best spot we found was just off to the left of the boat launch in about 11 feet of water. Once we clued in on the best spot from trolling we anchored up. Then it was the "drop/catch" time for walleye. The spot we picked seemed full of 3 lb, 55 cm walleye. Most really fat and healthy...puttin on the weight for fall I reckon We quickly lost count and went through our 2 tubs of minnows just in time for the moon to break the horizon.

What a perfect evening for walleye fun! We easily managed to fill my buds walleye tags as well - one 46cm and the other two 48 cm.

Here are a couple of pics:

Typical size of walleye we found once we switched to jig and minnow towards the end of the evening.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Cheers!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Default pigeon lake algaeproblem

I thought the news said to stay off this lake . Can we still fish still have tags hanging around??
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 AM

????? I don't think so. I wouldn't advise swimming in algae blooms if you see any. I didn't see any. Other than that, it is fine. Beyond a foot or two down the water is clear and the fishing is good.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:57 AM
-NDN-

nice report Snap, sure looks like a nice day to take a nap on a boat