Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Default chain lakes (south)

has anyone been out to chain lakes lately? i was thinking of heading there sunday and was just curious about the ice conditions.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:10 AM

I don't know for sure but I heard that the first week of the month it was around 4 inches so I know its good to walk on at least. i am going to guess with the cold weather we have had lately it is around 10 inches now. Myself and a buddy are heading down on Sunday as well we will be on the south end about 500 feet north of the boat launch. Listen for our gas auger and come say hello.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 AM

Is there more than 1 set of lakes called the Chain Lakes?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:52 AM

Yes that is why the post is names Chain Lakes south. The other one is north around Edmonton I think. This one we are referring to is actually called Chain Lakes Reservoir where the other one is just called Chain Lakes.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCraM View Post
Yes that is why the post is names Chain Lakes south. The other one is north around Edmonton I think. This one we are referring to is actually called Chain Lakes Reservoir where the other one is just called Chain Lakes.
heading down there too hopefuly the ice is good enough to drive on ill be anywhere on the ice if any of u guys wanna drop by say hi black tacoma and 2 chessies that will be destroying the place
Old 12-19-2008, 09:01 PM

Ill be down there as well Ill be in the Gold Ram.

AKA MAVERICK
Old 12-22-2008, 12:13 AM

i had a good day today(other then trying to keep my dogs from harrassing ppl and ssteeling thier fish what a desastor lol) my buddy and i got our limit in a few hours, fishing was slow at first then very steady later on ice had a good 8 inches of ice onis about 30 feet off of the shore but tons of snow dont think it will be good enogh to drive on by xmass thats for sure, and leathal i think i saw ya drive by at around 1230 hope the rest of ya had some luck not to many out on he ice today
Old 12-22-2008, 08:18 AM

Ya I was there and we fished from 10am to 2pm and I caught 12 bows and my buddy caught 9 bows. Was cold but thermos of timmys kept me warm. Said whats up to Lethal in his truck as he drove by us just as we showed up. Hopefully he posts how he did by the south dam.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCraM View Post
Ya I was there and we fished from 10am to 2pm and I caught 12 bows and my buddy caught 9 bows. Was cold but thermos of timmys kept me warm. Said whats up to Lethal in his truck as he drove by us just as we showed up. Hopefully he posts how he did by the south dam.
are you guys catching any thing of size or stocked minnows as usual? thanks.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:03 AM

Well most I caught were 8 to 10 inches but the biggest one of the day was about 16 inches. So there are some bigger ones. I caught the bigger one just a few inches off bottom. the rest were one to two feet off bottom.