Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Tried Chestermere today

First time for me on this slab, after a little stumbling around I found some water approaching the 20 foot mark. Saw another guy catch a little pike then shortly after I caught a little one not big enough to keep. Can't believe it but I dangled some preserved minnows down there for about two hours and got nothing on them. I still had worms from Bearspaw yesterday so I gave it a shot and the little bugger was lookin' for worms. Guess I'll try that again next weekend. Lots of ice though. Had to finish the hole on my knees.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:52 PM

Were you on the north or the south part? I was planning on heading there in the afternoon for a few hours but ended up doing repairs on wife's car

At least this week the weather will be mild, might just duck out early on work and get some fresh air.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:20 AM

I was half way down the lake on the side where you can see the power line towers.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 AM

You should try by the south canal. Head out to the middle until your lined up with this glass looking house. Had lots of luck there
Old 01-12-2009, 04:26 PM

Is there a road you can drive on that follows the south canal from RR283 to the lake? I haven't been down in the south part of the lake in since I was a kid and it was still surrounded by farmlands lol
Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 PM

You should try Dalemead Lake. Its just south of Langdon has pike in there and im sure trout since the irrigation runs in there. Ive never fished it myself but i know there are a bunch in there might have better luck there.

AKA MAVERICK
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM

I thought someone said Dalemead was like a marsh now...but then again Chestermere isn't too far off
Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM

I wouldnt waist your time at Dalemead. This summer the water level got very low. From the Hwy it looked like you could see dry ground. But who knows!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM

Well id listen to those guys cause like i said ive never fished it jsut heard some rumours. Sorry couldnt help

AKA MAVERICK
Old 01-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly1250 View Post
First time for me on this slab, after a little stumbling around I found some water approaching the 20 foot mark. Saw another guy catch a little pike then shortly after I caught a little one not big enough to keep. Can't believe it but I dangled some preserved minnows down there for about two hours and got nothing on them. I still had worms from Bearspaw yesterday so I gave it a shot and the little bugger was lookin' for worms. Guess I'll try that again next weekend. Lots of ice though. Had to finish the hole on my knees.
be careful at Bearspaw with worms I don't think you can use them there