Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-29-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-bo View Post
One must look beyond the bow, once you change one characteristic of the arrow, you change many dynamics of its performance. yes your bow may have a perfect centre shot however arrows are less than perfect and have widely variating results. You bow may be perfectly tuned with the wrong arrow...

Grouping your arrows together despite the tip indicates accuracy and consistency, Tuning your bow includes the arrows, each is useless without the other.

As an archer I want to hit the bullseye...
As a hunter I want to hit the vitals...
as a archer who hunts with a bow I want to hit the bullseye & vitals...
Very true. If you have a perfectly tunned bow and are shooting the worng arrows, you are not going to get consistent results. That is not the case here.

More so. Just because you put 12 of the same BHs on 12 of the same arrows does not mean they are all going to fly the exact same. Even if your bow is perfectly tuned and are shooting the correct arrows. This is where arrow tunning comes into paly. with a little work and a little more messing around, most of the arrow/HB combinations should group well together.
All being said and done. I simply move my sight to re-aquire my zero.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 AM

it could be a spine issue but i wonder is your rest levled and set up right. could be contacting the rest or you could have flight issues..have someone stand behind you and watch arrow flight then watch from the side and see if there may be a little rest contact. if all on the bow is good try using a bright target and see if you get a better group as some times its just the shooter being shakey and i find a bright target will get them calmed down. if u still cant get them to fly take your bow to a bow tech and make sure its some one who knows what they are doing..not sure where your at but if your close to whitecourt i can have my guy look at it..he works for coffee..lol
good luck
rob
Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
it could be a spine issue but i wonder is your rest levled and set up right. could be contacting the rest or you could have flight issues..have someone stand behind you and watch arrow flight then watch from the side and see if there may be a little rest contact. if all on the bow is good try using a bright target and see if you get a better group as some times its just the shooter being shakey and i find a bright target will get them calmed down. if u still cant get them to fly take your bow to a bow tech and make sure its some one who knows what they are doing..not sure where your at but if your close to whitecourt i can have my guy look at it..he works for coffee..lol
good luck
rob
Went back to CAC yesterday. Al and Craig has me all fixed up again. Craig reset my centershot and Al fixed a fletch contact issue. Arrows spines where great. I will get back out to shoot today with the new set-up I will work through my pins and make sure they are bang on and then find a BH that will fly.

Both CAC and Jimbo told me that a properly centershot bow is the best approach and then find a BH that flies good for your bow and if need be make small adjustments to your sight for center dot impact. Should have never started fooling around before speaking with them anyway.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 AM

Did 2 shops tell you not to tune the bow to the broadhead, and just buy broadheads untill you find one that shoots with the Field points?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Did 2 shops tell you not to tune the bow to the broadhead, and just buy broadheads untill you find one that shoots with the Field points?
No they told me the a bow with a properly selected center shot was the best chance for good arrow flight. They said, sometimes a BH just doesn't seem to flight properly for someone, so in that case try another one.

CAC has spare BH lying around so for the most part they have one there for you to try before you buy then package.