Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-21-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
It does appear that the different brands are suggesting different spines in many cases so it's probably best to go according to the arrow brand you're using. As for the ibo, I'm thinking it's maybe a bit of a combo of both arguments. My GUESS would be it's like the way elite bows advertise their ibo. They reduce the speed according to draw length.

Edit: to refer to Neil's deduction suggestions, it would make sense TO ME if it was used up to the point of the increased arrow weights, making the assumption ibo is not changing the arrow weight thus only reducing ibo based on dl and dw.
I know what Mike is thinking...or saying...just slinging banter back all in fun!!!
....different cam styles have different ratings...med, strong, extreme, etc...a super fast being extreme...so spine is effected...the extreme needs stiffer spine

But on the same hand the chart states arrow spine choice for Bow at present bow weight and length of arrow...

Neil
Old 08-21-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
It does appear that the different brands are suggesting different spines in many cases so it's probably best to go according to the arrow brand you're using. As for the ibo, I'm thinking it's maybe a bit of a combo of both arguments. My GUESS would be it's like the way elite bows advertise their ibo. They reduce the speed according to draw length.

Edit: to refer to Neil's deduction suggestions, it would make sense TO ME if it was used up to the point of the increased arrow weights, making the assumption ibo is not changing the arrow weight this only reducing ibo based on dl and dw.
As you will note the two charts are the same except they shift one spine stiffer on the over 315 FPS IBO chart. This is based on cam aggressiveness.
If you go to Easton's website they actually ask "hard" or "soft" cam before generating your recommended arrow spine.
Gold Tip simplifies this by saying over or under 315fps IBO is the difference between a hard or soft cam.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:49 PM

Correct

Neil
Old 08-21-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
I know what Mike is thinking...or saying...just slinging banter back all in fun!!!
....different cam styles have different ratings...med, strong, extreme, etc...a super fast being extreme...so spine is effected...the extreme needs stiffer spine

But on the same hand the chart states arrow spine choice for Bow at present bow weight and length of arrow...

Neil
So a what is a dual cam M7 considered? Strong?
Old 08-21-2015, 09:39 PM

Shooting a stiff arrow 300 spine will not be a big issue I personally would shoot the 300 spine . Spine charts that you traditionally see are for lack of a better word fictitious and more of a starting point because of meny reasons. One if you look at the IBO, there is no way a bow with a 330 IBO has the same draw curve as a bow with a 370 IBO. Next is depending on broad head you just added 1'' to 1 1/2'' to the total arrow length. Then final a stiff arrow will always group but a weak will not. then last a stiffer arrow will also handle a bad release ( punching the trigger or hand torque ) better then a stiffer arrow. But these are all from my own personal experiences.

Sean