Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-30-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post

Eventually, it became apparant that he wasn't gonna stop. Thus, the first bright idea that came to mind was to give him a swift punt in the rear end! It worked.............

Yikes! Badgers are pretty ferocious little critters..........especially after being kicked in the arse.

He turned, crouched, bared teeth and hissed. It is at this point in time where I am beginning to regret my judgement. It was although lucifer himself was manifested in a 16lb package!

Up with the camera. The perfect badger pic was right here, right now. Camera 'beeps'. *Out of Memory* it says. Before I could erase a couple of pics, the bugger was down a hole it didn't really fit into.

Sigh. Fun way to end the day though.

Tree
Meet the next Austin Stevens!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Ahhhh... you gotta love nature.. I've seen some pretty cool stuff over the years.
One year i had a stand on the edge of a large clearing. Every night, like clockwork, a group of several does would come out followed shortly by 2 small bucks. The bucks would sometimes walk right under my stand(Treeguy.. I've also chuckled at the idea of the full tackle....would've just had to drop staight down and land sitting))
10 minutes later the local small bear shows up(looks young and maybe newly on his own, not scared).
Life is good in soap opera land when all hell breaks loose. Does and fawns scatter and bucks take to the bush......oh and boo boo doesn't care.
Out of the corner of my eye I see a lynx take off into the bush.He had been on the edge of the bush and only 10 yards from one of the fawns. So after a few seconds of panic mama doe stops to access things and decides to come back. I'm pretty sure she was attempting to chase the lynx away as she was stomping and snorting(blowing) all the way to where the lynx had been only to find him long gone. She seemed pleased with herself and figured "Hmmmmm..... maybe I can chase off boo boo...."
And she proceeded to stomp her way over to him. She got within 60 yards but boo boo hadn't even lifted his head to acknowledge that silly doe.
She eventually gave up and went back to her group. Thus.... all was good in the land again......
Didn't see any shooters that night but the show was worth it
Old 11-18-2009, 08:25 AM

So... heard some inside information that TreeGuy finally connected from the treestand. I was starting to think he was maybe an Oiler's type hunter...

I guess we'll have to wait a few days to get the story....
Old 11-21-2009, 04:08 PM

story's out , check out his birthday buck thread