Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Bow reviews in mainstream hunting mags are a joke. 95% of hunting mags are just gear flyers with recycled stories mixed in. There are a few online sites that review bows, including their testing procedures, that are more helpful and their is always AT to get real life reviews, once you weed out the fan boys.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Fans will be fans haters will be haters....

There are many things we all look for in a bow or some just look for an arrow launcher....'

It is the archer that refl;ects accuracy... A bow that shoots good for me may not shoot as well for you and vice versa....

One thing I have seen is that hunting bow accuracy is approaching or even equal to "target" bow accuracy. While there have been many advances in archery probably the biggest advance is in reliability. In past many target shooters had a backup bow because often performance bows were not as reliable... now today's bows are extremely reliable and performance has improved and they hve also gotten quieter and more efficient....

Really the test of these nine bows is kind of like showcasing 10 different beuatiful models.... if any one of them showed up in our bed we would not throw them out for eating crackers....that being siad we still have our preferences....bruneete, blond, eye colour etc....

But in the end after 15 years we want to try out the newest models!.....
Old 08-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post

There are many things we all look for in a bow or some just look for an arrow launcher....'

It is the archer that refl;ects accuracy... A bow that shoots good for me may not shoot as well for you and vice versa....

One thing I have seen is that hunting bow accuracy is approaching or even equal to "target" bow accuracy. While there have been many advances in archery probably the biggest advance is in reliability. In past many target shooters had a backup bow because often performance bows were not as reliable... now today's bows are extremely reliable and performance has improved and they hve also gotten quieter and more efficient....

Really the test of these nine bows is kind of like showcasing 10 different beuatiful models.... if any one of them showed up in our bed we would not throw them out for eating crackers....that being siad we still have our preferences....bruneete, blond, eye colour etc....

Then there us that want to try out all the "models"..lol

After shooting mathews for 20 years ...which was like dating the high class "models"...I checked out a local, not so high maintainace, trailer trash model..[cheap]....And we hit it off and do very well together...she is a killer...my new love...awwwww

lol

Neil
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post

Very well said!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:16 PM

Don't care about what a review says or what name is on the riser. If the bow sits well in my hand, and has a nice draw odds are I can shoot it.

I will stick to test shooting bows to find what fits my needs best. I have found that some bows get great reviews but I still don't like them.