Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-26-2016, 09:41 AM

I found the foam from a hot tub lid is really crappy, doesn't hold together really well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-27-2016, 10:35 AM

Default Old box and alot of foam from an old couch

My husband made his own target out of an old box filled with the foam from an old couch and then he wrapped it in painters tape and duckt tape.. It worked great for a few years until he got the new bulldog target with the lifetime warranty and out went making his own targets lol
Old 05-27-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueanneasam View Post
My husband made his own target out of an old box filled with the foam from an old couch and then he wrapped it in painters tape and duckt tape.. It worked great for a few years until he got the new bulldog target with the lifetime warranty and out went making his own targets lol
x2 on the bulldog target with lifetime warranty for $99. I love mine. Company is great to deal with and target is great... for field points only.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:22 PM

Well I built my target. I used 9 inch by 2 foot slices of cardboard, layered them up about 30 inches tall, and used 2 boards and 2 threaded rods to compress it. It worked very well, with arrows penetrating about 14 inches. Only problem, it was very hard to pull arrows out.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenite View Post
Well I built my target. I used 9 inch by 2 foot slices of cardboard, layered them up about 30 inches tall, and used 2 boards and 2 threaded rods to compress it. It worked very well, with arrows penetrating about 14 inches. Only problem, it was very hard to pull arrows out.
That is the exact method we used to use even in pro shops 30 plus years ago before modern targets...little bigger scale but exact...
Arrows will get easier ...than too easier as it gets shot out...we would than move shot out area to bottom and move bottom to middle...than when that shot out do the same with top layers...
Would take a surprizing amount of arrows...mind you ALL arrows then were aluminum and bows were bout 100 FPS slower...lol

Neil