Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Not from a dispensary.... if so they are doing it wrong... no way would they allow a male in the crop to allow the bud to go to seed.
Males are not necessarily the only means of pollination. Think feminized seeds
Old 11-02-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I’m encouraging more people to start growing their own. It is possible to get over 1600 grams from four plants
... In the same way that that it's "possible" to make millions off of the stock market, or "possible" to grow a 800lb pumpkin.

But all of these things take skill, understanding, and experience.

It's completely misleading to suggest that a new grower can achieve a yield of 13 ounces per plant - I know I couldn't, and I spent a year growing professionally to put myself through university.

What's probable:

*IF* a person doesn't screw it up, they can count on an easy ounce per plant (28 grams) in 3 months. If they do well, they might double that.

Doing more than that will require techniques, investment, and understanding. It's a journey.

Last edited by Peter Abelard; 11-02-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
This morning I heard there are no dispensaries in Canada selling seeds yet to grow marijuana. So I'm guessing anyone growing marijuana in their home is doing so illegally, unless they purchased the seeds through a medical dispensary.
That's true, but misleading. These stores sell weed, not seeds.... which is just a different domain.

Similar to why liquor stores don't sell brewing equipment: It's not what they do.

Paraphenalia stores sell seeds. Google "Crop King Seeds".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
So I'm guessing anyone growing marijuana in their home is doing so illegally, unless they purchased the seeds through a medical dispensary.
Why would you make such a guess?

As far as I know, it was legal to grow starting Oct 17. Not sure that it matters where the seeds come from.

Last edited by Peter Abelard; 11-02-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:16 PM

It was on a talk show radio ! No seeds or clones are being sold by the government yet. If you are caught growing pot, you are doing so illegally. This was a government official stating this as fact.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post
... In the same way that that it's "possible" to make millions off of the stock market, or "possible" to grow a 800lb pumpkin.

But all of these things take skill, understanding, and experience.

It's completely misleading to suggest that a new grower can achieve a yield of 13 ounces per plant - I know I couldn't, and I spent a year growing professionally to put myself through university.

What's probable:

*IF* a person doesn't screw it up, they can count on an easy ounce per plant (28 grams) in 3 months. If they do well, they might double that.

Doing more than that will require techniques, investment, and understanding. It's a journey.
You must be a pretty crappy grower only getting one oz per plant. Most plants will produce 5 -8 Ounces dried easily if not more for a beginner. Personally i would not waste my time on any plant that only produces 1-2 oz's per plant.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
You must be a pretty crappy grower only getting one oz per plant. Most plants will produce 5 -8 Ounces dried easily if not more for a beginner. Personally i would not waste my time on any plant that only produces 1-2 oz's per plant.
It's not how much I can get,

but how much a new grower could get.

Imagine the many surprises in their path.

Last edited by Peter Abelard; 11-02-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
It's not a question of how much I can get,

but how much someone starting out could get.

Imagine the many surprises in their path.
You might be surprised that a beginner can just start by growing good pot. There is a zillion ways to research the art of growing pot these days. Not like 20 plus years ago when the only way was to be shown how. With books, magazines, forums, YouTube, chat rooms, etc.... it’s a game changer. With some good research beforehand, one can be almost instant pro.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
This was a government official stating this as fact.
Whoops

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King

Last edited by roper1; 11-02-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Banned

Growing cannabis is very easy! it’s a weed. The proper equipment along with temperature and humidity and proper nutrients is essential and a person will have plenty of time to figure out the rest while it’s growing.

My moon rock was a smash

Moon rocks how to
https://youtu.be/t2Yr0lR-l-w
Old 11-02-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
You might be surprised that a beginner can just start by growing good pot. There is a zillion ways to research the art of growing pot these days. Not like 20 plus years ago when the only way was to be shown how. With books, magazines, forums, YouTube, chat rooms, etc.... it’s a game changer. With some good research beforehand, one can be almost instant pro.
Fair enough. They must start so far ahead, boosted by past knowledge. It's actually quite amazing what they can know even before getting started.

But there's some hurdles that it takes a feel to get right.... How much to water, how much to fertilize... Spider mite prevention... Plant handling when in bloom...
Old 11-02-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. They must start so far ahead, boosted by past knowledge. It's actually quite amazing what they can know even before getting started.

But there's some hurdles that it takes a feel to get right.... How much to water, how much to fertilize... Spider mite prevention... Plant handling when in bloom...
All that info is out there for the taking.
Growing pot is a lost art form my man.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Banned

I think the rcmp should share their new drug testing equipment with the public like they do with alcohol where they give a bunch of people a couple tokes and see how long it takes before they would be considered legally safe to drive. I think many are left clueless as to how long it would be considered safe to drive after say even a couple tokes.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Growing cannabis is very easy! it’s a weed.
Hmmm.. Everything looks easy at a distance.

But I certainly encourage everyone to try - Space Buckets are suitable for beginners who don't want to sink much money into a new adventure.

I'm still doubtful about your 400 grams per plant yield, and am suspecting this is something you've read about, but may not have achieved yourself.

If I'm wrong, I'd certainly love to hear some of the juicy details of how it was achieved....
Old 11-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Watching some of the u tube videos will have you believe that 3 lbs per 1000 watt light is possable.
This would be from an experienced person with all the best equipment.
So maybe cut that in half for someone thats just starting out.

There also was an artical from someone in Alberta on the cbc news page about growing outside that yielded around a pound a plant.This was from an experienced grower.

Last edited by Tungsten,; 11-04-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:32 PM

From my reading 0.5g/watt sounds like a normal yield with 1g/watt being outstanding. and if i understand correctly its watts at the wall not the advertised watt equivalent

https://www.growweedeasy.com/1-gram-per-watt

and for all you DIY'ers out there, it gives a good idea of the horse power needed

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip...ung-bridgelux/

I have to admit that I was surprised on how technical the "pot heads" can get
Old 11-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm.. Everything looks easy at a distance.

But I certainly encourage everyone to try - Space Buckets are suitable for beginners who don't want to sink much money into a new adventure.

I'm still doubtful about your 400 grams per plant yield, and am suspecting this is something you've read about, but may not have achieved yourself.

If I'm wrong, I'd certainly love to hear some of the juicy details of how it was achieved....
Old 11-12-2018, 12:15 AM

I've been checking on the albertacannabis.org website and they're out of stock on almost everything. It's been three weeks now and they haven't restocked anything. I'm just looking for some high percentage CBD oil but that was one of the first things they ran out of.
Leave it to the government to even screw up selling weed...
Old 11-12-2018, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I've been checking on the albertacannabis.org website and they're out of stock on almost everything. It's been three weeks now and they haven't restocked anything. I'm just looking for some high percentage CBD oil but that was one of the first things they ran out of.
Leave it to the government to even screw up selling weed...
The prices they're asking, they're going to keep the black market thriving. Oz's of top quality weed are going for $180 from my dealer. They want $50 for an 1/8 oz. That's $400 an oz. What a joke.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Banned

Ba ha ha the Government selling weed, it never gets old. Im ripping some voluptas through a new shower head bong I built. It’s smooth and this strain makes me feel funny in my pants
Old 11-12-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale S View Post
The prices they're asking, they're going to keep the black market thriving. Oz's of top quality weed are going for $180 from my dealer. They want $50 for an 1/8 oz. That's $400 an oz. What a joke.
The supplier I get mine from prices most of their strains at $150.00 an ounce and will deliver to your door(no medical card required)
I thought once it was legalized they would raise their prices but they stayed the same.
A dispensary near where I live charges $10.00 a gram for what they call blend,another name for shake,almost $300.00 an ounce.I can get it for less than $100.00 an ounce
Old 11-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Banned

After reading the last reply I broke out an ounce of shake I bought from Medreleaf a couple months back it’s called solveris and has 13%. Popping the lid off it smells very good...actually I’ve bought bud that didn’t smell this good. With my fancy reading binoculars on it appears to have lots of red hair and fine leaf clippings loaded with tricoms. From what I recall it’s the clippings from all their best strains. Going In ...:

15 minutes later.....very clear headed and racey feeling. I’m higher than a hippy on a helicopter ride...nice! 80 buck an ounce, I’m a satisfied camper
Old 11-26-2018, 09:39 PM

Anyone try some good strains lately the'd care to share?
Old 11-26-2018, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull's-Eye View Post
If there is still some left I would try the sour tangie. This bud is best in a vape at about 365 for about one minute then bump it up to 375 and it will literally taste like orange crush pop. Using a vape with this strain really brings the flavour out. I tried a bowl and it just didn’t taste the same. This strain does pack a punch even at its lower thc level than other sativa and I think it has a lot to do with its terpene profile.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:18 PM

Must say very very impressed with the smooth transition from illegal to legal. Didn't give the media anything to dwell on. Just goes to show that responsible use has been going on for years and the sun didn't suddenly fall from the sky October 17th and the whole world collapse. Big hairy deal if the shops have no stock. Nobody is whining except the guys that didn't have their shop open day one. Buisness as usual in the trailer park. Much rather support my out of work oil patch buddy getting screwed around by workman's compensation that would give his shirt off his back for you and me and put his ass on the line to get a guy a sack for cost basically then our wonderful government charging 3 times the going rate for a zip they can't even supply and doing their best to make us their poor taxed to death slaves. Look at how b.c handled it. One store..Very strong message there. Slap yourselves on the back people, very well played.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:23 PM

I can't wait to try it. Will be in my next order. I'm vaping Stellio Crumble and Cognitiva Crumble at the moment. Both very good.

Quote:
If there is still some left I would try the sour tangie. This bud is best in a vape at about 365 for about one minute then bump it up to 375 and it will literally taste like orange crush pop. Using a vape with this strain really brings the flavour out. I tried a bowl and it just didn’t taste the same. This strain does pack a punch even at its lower thc level than other sativa and I think it has a lot to do with its terpene profile.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:39 AM

Talking Sit-rep

So 1 month and a day in. How's everyone feeling?
Any big change in your regular daily activities. Anything more noticeable with todays society with the legalization of cannabis?

So for me I was looking purely for medicinal. I have chronic pain (itch) in my forehead from a military accident back in 1991.
I tried anti itch creams, different oils, pills, soaps...everything..you name it..except anything containing cannabis, CDB to be exact.
28yrs of suffering this discomfort and I try something the mother inlaw offered.
28yrs of clawing and scratching at my 'flipping' face and forehead going absolutely bonkers cause the itch just won't go away. You know the funny thing is, the left portion of my forehead from the eyebrow to about the mid center of my head there is zero feeling, zero sense of touch. It's frickn numb.
28yrs I lived with this until i tried a cannabis ointment and
within about 20-30 minutes the itch was gone.

This was within the last week and 1/2. I've since gone to a dispensary and picked up some high CDB low THC bud called "Temple". The tokes were harsh as crap but no itch...unreal. Need to get a Vape.
I also tried "Moon" which was very pleasant.
It'll be nice when topical's become legal.
Anyways I just thought I'd share that as I have always been a supporter of medicinal weed.
There's a shipment coming in today so I'll be checking out the Namao center stores.
Cheers All.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
So 1 month and a day in. How's everyone feeling?
Any big change in your regular daily activities. Anything more noticeable with todays society with the legalization of cannabis?

So for me I was looking purely for medicinal. I have chronic pain (itch) in my forehead from a military accident back in 1991.
I tried anti itch creams, different oils, pills, soaps...everything..you name it..except anything containing cannabis, CDB to be exact.
28yrs of suffering this discomfort and I try something the mother inlaw offered.
28yrs of clawing and scratching at my 'flipping' face and forehead going absolutely bonkers cause the itch just won't go away. You know the funny thing is, the left portion of my forehead from the eyebrow to about the mid center of my head there is zero feeling, zero sense of touch. It's frickn numb.
28yrs I lived with this until i tried a cannabis ointment and
within about 20-30 minutes the itch was gone.

This was within the last week and 1/2. I've since gone to a dispensary and picked up some high CDB low THC bud called "Temple". The tokes were harsh as crap but no itch...unreal. Need to get a Vape.
I also tried "Moon" which was very pleasant.
It'll be nice when topical's become legal.
Anyways I just thought I'd share that as I have always been a supporter of medicinal weed.
There's a shipment coming in today so I'll be checking out the Namao center stores.
Cheers All.
There are soooo many people out there that are suffering ailments from all degrees, that won’t give marijuana a chance that it’s a shame. Cbd’s are amazing.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull's-Eye View Post
I have some nice stuff, it's a hybrid strain. I mean a friend of a friend does.

It's a cross between OG Kush, Critical Kush and White Widdow.

The best part is it's only a 6 week flower so if you run a flip switch or a flipbox and run two flower rooms your going to be cutting down every three weeks. WINNING

It's a real nice clean smoke too
Old 12-18-2018, 06:06 PM

2 plants in each room? Must be small rooms or big plants bahaha. Only allowed 4 per house and once this gets going I would imagine they will throw the book at anyone selling or growing big quantity. They didn't realize how established the black market is and once they figure out its still moving like crazy and they aren't getting their tax out of it look out. They don't néed reasonable cause to make you provide breath or saliva samples next thing they will kick your door down just to see what you are up to. I guess the constitution doesn't apply to the common man anymore.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Banned

My white widow are looking really good I'll post some time line pics to show progress