Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
WTH was that!!! 5 Hole??????????

ENOUGH PETERS!!!!!!
You don't actually expect him to pull Smith with only 3 in do you? Gotta wait till it's 5 past....
Old 11-15-2018, 09:37 PM

I would have never expected to get banned over the Flames crappy goal tending, but holy ****ing ****.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-15-2018, 09:42 PM

Smith on waivers, fire Peters, there is still time to salvage this season. Jesus wept.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-15-2018, 09:42 PM

.............. whelp.......

Naw..... I na gonna say nuffin.

Cause that’s a solid punt to the pills right there...
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-15-2018, 09:43 PM
Banned

Grrr... they spend too much time passing in the o zone
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Grrr... they spend too much time passing in the o zone
No way you blame this on skaters, Chuckie's pair stands for win if there was a goalie between pipes!! Do the Flames need to score four or five every game to cover Smith letting in muffins from 80 feet out?? No! Smith needs GONE!!!! Said it before season started and now he is 5-7-1...!!!!!!!!! He is garbage! Let him 'find his game' playing in Laronge!

Old 11-15-2018, 09:53 PM

Was a win all the way, ugh. All on two people Peters and Smith. That's it, rest of team held them. Soft soft goals man I could have stopped them, ugh full hot right now.
I have tickets to Saturday game and I better see Rittich in net or I will loose it.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:53 PM

The sad part is, it's not even the team, they are doing well, Smith is trying, I'm assuming anyway, why does Peters keep putting him in? In all likelihood, Smith is done as a starter, Peters just hasn't figured it out apparently.

Smith's SA% by month:
Feb.: .888%
Mar.: .880%
Oct.: .878%
Nov.: .872%

A sharp eye will note that he isn't "playing out of it", his numbers are getting worse. This isn't a little 3 game slump either, goes back to February of 2017. Someone, please, slap Peters upside the head. This has gone on long enough.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:56 PM

Looks good to me!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:56 PM

On of our goalie on the farm has to be better then this, call someone up. Trade anything but start him in another game. I am willing to make a frickin big move here. Gio, Johnny Smith whatever for a solid goalie, I'm sick of this.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
No way you blame this on skaters, Chuckie's pair stands for win if there was a goalie between pipes!! Do the Flames need to score four or five every game to cover Smith letting in muffins from 80 feet out?? No! Smith needs GONE!!!! Said it before season started and now he is 5-7-1...!!!!!!!!! He is garbage! Let him 'find his game' playing in Laronge!
I really dont get why Riddick doesnt get a chance either. Habs had really low shots on net tonight too, something like 14
Old 11-15-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Looks good to me!
Most teams do, to an Oilers fan, don't they?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2018, 11:13 PM

Seems I may have missed something. Did the Flamers play tonight?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:16 AM

Smith must be supplying good coke for headquarters. I can't think of another explanation.

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 11-16-2018, 07:25 AM

The big Toilet Seat is Burning....Burning Down!

IIRC back in the day when Smith came to the big toilet seat, there were angels singing, and parade routes being planned.

LOL this is too funny!

Can't wait till puck drop Saturday...

BW
Old 11-16-2018, 07:48 AM

Terrible, just terrible. Almost doubled the shots and the swiss cheese goalie coughs up another one. At what point does he swallow his pride and say "let Rittich take over"? He could use that opportunity to better himself. And if Rittich stinks, it will look better for him.

This is brutal. I dont think we have had as good as a team as this on paper in a long time, and it's a shame that we are not getting points because of leaky goaltending.

Saturday night, BOA, big game. Start Rittich. I hope Peter's doesnt use this "big opportunity" to give Smith the start as one last hurrah to prove himself, because it will be 4 - 0 on 3 shots in the first 5 minutes.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 AM

We now know why they ran Peters out of Carolina. This rests on those guys higher up. It is not Peters fault that they hired him for a job he can't do.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:02 AM

I read something on Twitter this morning that, although not terribly appropriate, I found humorous.

Following the loss, Smith decided to end it all and jumped into traffic on the Deerfoot. Not surprisingly, he remains unscathed as all the cars went by him.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Man although we are not way down in the standings, can you imagine where we would be if he was playing like he is capable of? But here we are and hope like crazy Rittich starts Sat for the BOA.
I will be at the game so will miss the game chit chat in here during the game, although half the tippy ones won't show up unless the Soilers are winning. When Flames win they will be nowhere to be found, we will have to go looking for them I guess.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=sgill808;3872848]Terrible, just terrible.

This is brutal. I dont think we have had as good as a team as this on paper in a long time, and it's a shame that we are not getting points because of leaky goaltending.

That depends on whose paper. Calgary`s top 4 point getters are a collective -7] YTD. How thew hell are you supposed to win games with that kind of +-. These 4 multi millionaires can`t or wont play defence. Johnny wont go near the boards to get a loose puck. Is that the coaches fault??? A lot of it is but he is probably being coerced by the GM to play these guys. Its a team sport. The 5 guys on the ice have to be in sync.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:57 AM

Smith needs to sit.

I sometimes wonder if he still has lingering issues from his groin injury.
It could be a lack of confidence or maybe Father Time has caught up with him.

Regardless of the problem, Smith needs to sit.

Luckily for the Flames, he is a UFA at the end of this year.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=Tiguy;3872929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Terrible, just terrible.

That depends on whose paper. Calgary`s top 4 point getters are a collective -7] YTD. How thew hell are you supposed to win games with that kind of +-. These 4 multi millionaires can`t or wont play defence. Johnny wont go near the boards to get a loose puck. Is that the coaches fault??? A lot of it is but he is probably being coerced by the GM to play these guys. Its a team sport. The 5 guys on the ice have to be in sync.
Its not perfect, granted, but alot of the "stars" in the NHL have fairly humbling +/- numbers. Bergeron is at +3, McDavid is +3, Wheeler is +3, Kane is -3, Malkin is at 0, Giroux is at 1, Kuznetsov and Ovie at -3, etc. I'll take Johnny and his -3 over a goalie who regularly lets wrist shots in from the blueline any day of the week and twice on Sunday. What are the chances their +/- improve if we literally don't have the worst "starting" goalie in the NHL? I can see you in the dressing room, "Alright guys, we need to focus on defense, no more shots allowed, and I mean zero, within the blueline. If it looks like he's teeing up for a slap shot, we can't allow any within the red line, they can go in at anytime".
Old 11-16-2018, 01:14 PM

Rittich gets the nod for tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Tiguy;3872929]
Quote:
Terrible, just terrible.

+/- isn't a good stat to go by, especially when you have a leaky goaltender. I am not sure if Johnny was on the ice for the 3rd goal last night, but everyone played that perfectly from a Flames perspective except Smith. The Shot was from the outside no traffic, textbook defensive positioning for a 1 on 1 situation. However, you still end up with a - over that.

From the age of 5 years old playing hockey players are taught to keep the shooter outside, that is the goalies job to stop that shot. Smith needs to make that save.

The other side of that is the offensive players need to put more pucks in the net there were several opportunities last night that the flames had great shot opportunities but they tried to make one more pass and ended up not getting a shot on net. As much as I want to put it all on Smith, we need to get some finish. Its one thing to outplay the other team but you still need to put the puck in the net.

How many times in the last few years have you heard the Flames were the better team but ran into a hot goaltender. It seems amazing to me that every team the flames play against has a "hot" goaltender. It seems more often then not we make the "hot" goaltender, look good. For example Prices's last 4 games his GAA was .852 (season total .890 excluding last night) last night his GAA was .956 Maybe he just happened to find his game yesterday, or maybe we helped it along. Price made a few good saves, but lots of shots were right at the glove/into his chest, no traffic in front etc. his positioning may have helped, but my belief is we make these goalies look good.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Rittich gets the nod for tomorrow.
Bessie wants that bet back and Twisted's already bought the bottle.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:40 PM

Default Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Bessie wants that bet back and Twisted's already bought the bottle.
And imma gonna get even wit you too some day when ur brave enough!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-17-2018, 10:23 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2018, 10:46 AM

Default A Little Inspiration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-APC9sERqQY
Old 11-17-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Maybe that's what he needs, a good hit/fight to get back on track.