Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-21-2023, 09:34 PM

For left-handed shooters, a really great deal:

https://latulippe.com/en/product/354...dx-arrow-rest/

Also grab a Petzl flashlight at a great price while you are there:

Tikka for $19.97 (250 lumens; Sportcheck has 300 lumens Tikka on clearance for $23 (I think), but free shipping on orders over $99; here orders over $49).
Pixa 1 for $32.97.

Unless you don’t shop in Quebec, of course.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:13 AM

Cabela’s has a few this Wednesday.

- For the fans of Vortex and in need of a cheap scope, 3-9x40 Diamondback is $110 (or 30%) off, making it $250;
- Wheeler scope mounting kit is $60 (or 30%) off, coming up at $140;
- Winchester SXP Hybrid Turkey TrueTimber is $70 off plus another $25 via rebate, making it $505;
- Zeiss Conquest V4 3-12x44 is $200 (or 18%) off, coming up at $900.

Thought there was something else, but who can remember.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:35 AM

Bass Pro/Cabelas clearance knives....These knives are not the quality of the ones we are seeing produced by our own AO knife makers....
But for a newbie or a glove box....?

https://www.cabelas.ca/category/fixe...?onclearance=1

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:26 PM

For those who aren't stacked to the rafters, Cabela's has 12ga target loads for a decent price finally.
This weekend only.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/66163...oad-shotshells
Old 04-13-2023, 12:01 PM

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/15390...t-action-rifle

Don't let a deal like this pass you by

Of course chambered in the RPM, not the CM
Old 04-15-2023, 02:50 PM

Is there any way to check out sales at Bass Pro other than going to Cross Iron? They have some items Cabela's does not but I don't think you can see Canadian sales online.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:00 PM

Bighorn Sales has TriggerTech triggers on sale 20% off from April 14-24th.
Old 04-16-2023, 12:36 AM

^ I would think every dealer should then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiekid View Post
Is there any way to check out sales at Bass Pro other than going to Cross Iron? They have some items Cabela's does not but I don't think you can see Canadian sales online.
I don’t believe so. Didn't actually think they have too many things that Cabela’s does not, boats and whatnot aside. Pretty sure their flyer applies to both stores and I do not think there is a way to see if anything else is on sale without heading to the store, which isn’t very convenient (especially driving from your place).

On a side note, I was at Cabela’s last Saturday (to pick up my online order) and earlier today (to pick some fly tying stuff as a “pony express”). They have this clearance rack with additional 25% off the clearance price of the overpriced stuff. The rack looked identical on both days, lol. There was a bunch of people browsing it last week and none today.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:12 PM

No idea in regards to quality of this rangefinder, but it certainly looks like a good deal to me (quick overview of google searches showed the price of well above $200 at other places):

Old 11-21-2023, 10:29 AM

Good deal at Cabela’s. Note how one reviewer who gave it 2 stars says he sent it to Leica and is awaiting for their response because his Leica is off, when he is clearly measuring meters thinking git is yards. He’ll probably be laughing st himself for a while when they tell him that (well, they already did and he is probably still laughing because the review is 7 months old). Yanks, right? RTFM comes to mind too, as I have been told a few times in my life, lol.

Old 11-23-2023, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Good deal at Cabela’s. Note how one reviewer who gave it 2 stars says he sent it to Leica and is awaiting for their response because his Leica is off, when he is clearly measuring meters thinking git is yards. He’ll probably be laughing st himself for a while when they tell him that (well, they already did and he is probably still laughing because the review is 7 months old). Yanks, right? RTFM comes to mind too, as I have been told a few times in my life, lol.

Thanks for this - picked one up today. I think there’s one left at Cabela’s edmonton south if anyone is interested
Old 11-23-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Older question, but I think now you can choose cross iron bass pro on the cabelas website in the location selection thing. For checking price and stock. It's not a whole bass pro website but at least helps to see if they have something before braving the mall parking lot.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2023, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

Made me laugh… some years ago a friend and I both bought the then new 1600B Leica RF. He phoned me in a panic to say I shouldn’t trust mine because his was 10% out at his range. Told him he was set on meters…
Old 11-24-2023, 09:47 AM

UnderArmour having a 40% off their entire website including hunting clothes. They have really good base layers. I used to use the merino wool ones before but their base2 and base 3 are so much more superior. Good deals on other stuff too.
Old 11-24-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
UnderArmour having a 40% off their entire website including hunting clothes. They have really good base layers. I used to use the merino wool ones before but their base2 and base 3 are so much more superior. Good deals on other stuff too.
Do you find the UA stuff breathes well also? I have found some synthetics dont mix well with me and sweating. Just curious what your experience was?
Old 11-25-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom4 View Post
Do you find the UA stuff breathes well also? I have found some synthetics dont mix well with me and sweating. Just curious what your experience was?
I have both- merino wool and UA base 2 and 3. I like the UA waaay better! I was getting hot and sweaty in merino and constantly had to unzip my jacket and when I am wearing UA- no sweat, no overheating. I wear base 2 when I’m in a warmer weather like now and base 3 when hunting coyotes on a colder days when I have to sit on a stand…
Old 11-25-2023, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I have both- merino wool and UA base 2 and 3. I like the UA waaay better! I was getting hot and sweaty in merino and constantly had to unzip my jacket and when I am wearing UA- no sweat, no overheating. I wear base 2 when I’m in a warmer weather like now and base 3 when hunting coyotes on a colder days when I have to sit on a stand…
Thank you very much for the input.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:44 PM

Quote:
They added a Bass Pro Flyers to the Cabela’s flyers section a while ago. And while it doesn’t help with sales in particular, they just added a function to check stock at Bass Pro Shop locations when looking online at cabelas.ca.