Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 AM

Default Cooey model 60 .22lr

Hi,

new to the forum, im trying to retore an old cooey model 60, and Im having trouble with two things,

1. need to buy or make a bolt handle knob, many sources say the standard thread is 5/16, 24 tpi, but it appear to be much smaller than this more like 3/16' diameter, i cant thread any standard nuts onto this bolt, the threadign must be spaced to a certain tpi. Any advice on standard sizes or ways to create your own threaded or even molded material knob would be great.

2. the inner tube mag, now i realize people are probably sick of hearing about these, i have scoured the internet, i finally found a inner tube mag KIT to buy from Brownells downin Iowa, they cant ship to canada, so SOL on that. So any advice on avaliable kits in canada, or methods of fabricating one, ones self, would be greatly appreciated.

im not giving up on this pre 60's old thing, sentimental value. ill buy tube brass and springs from anywhere if i have to get that nittygritty with it.

Cheers. thanks for the help.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 PM

check the EE on canadiangunnutz.com for parts, you could post a want to buy as and I'm sure someone has an old cooey they're parting out.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:57 PM

Look up Grit358, and send him a pm. Has more cooey stuff than anybody I've come across. Nice guy, and great to deal with! Located in Okotoks.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Western Gun Parts in Edmonton, or K&E in Saskatoon likely have the parts in stock. If I remember right, ya gotta measure the inner mag tube, there were different lengths.
If all else fails, let me know, I have a bunch of Cooey stuff laying around as well.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdosa View Post
Hi,

new to the forum, im trying to retore an old cooey model 60, and Im having trouble with two things,

1. need to buy or make a bolt handle knob, many sources say the standard thread is 5/16, 24 tpi, but it appear to be much smaller than this more like 3/16' diameter, i cant thread any standard nuts onto this bolt, the threadign must be spaced to a certain tpi. Any advice on standard sizes or ways to create your own threaded or even molded material knob would be great.

2. the inner tube mag, now i realize people are probably sick of hearing about these, i have scoured the internet, i finally found a inner tube mag KIT to buy from Brownells downin Iowa, they cant ship to canada, so SOL on that. So any advice on avaliable kits in canada, or methods of fabricating one, ones self, would be greatly appreciated.

im not giving up on this pre 60's old thing, sentimental value. ill buy tube brass and springs from anywhere if i have to get that nittygritty with it.

Cheers. thanks for the help.
Is the part you need MORE than $100? I just bought a Dan Wesson barrel wrench from Brownell's no problem. I hear that with gunparts the max. value of an item is $100 for export to Canada. That's item value too, not total cost with taxes or duty or anything. I can't see why you'd have an issue.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:39 AM

hey thanks alot guys ill track down all these leads and get back to ya.
appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Bud Haynes auction has a model 60 listed for the next auction on the 18th. Probably cheaper to have a parts gun than buying separately if you can find.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:40 AM

K&E in saskatoon was able to source the part for me, real nice lady on the phone as well. price was reasonable and its only one province over. A long search to find something close to home is nice.

I'll check out that auction as well, these guns aren't expensive and might as well get a few while one can.

Tags
.22, cooey, inner tube mag, model 60, tube mag