Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-10-2019, 08:11 PM

Default Tucker lake

Heading up Bonnyville for the family day weekend and would like some info on tucker lake or a good perch or whitefish lake in the area ? Do not what your honey hole just a general area to start from . Send a PM so everyone in the world do not see it , we all know what happens to a good lake when it gets out on Facebook or in the public.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:30 PM

You missed er by about 20 years...saskatchewan is only another half hour. I'd just keep on trucking for what it's worth or go to cold lake and have a shot at a quality fish like everyone else is nowadays. Just my opinion. Winter fishing is tough enough might as well make it count where someone in the group has a legitimate shot at a real nice quality fish and the memories that accompany such a trip.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:29 PM

Feel free to send me the pm as well ...please and thanks
Old 02-12-2019, 11:17 PM

Sorry I'm not pulling anyone's leg. In the late eighties tucker had a great gene pool of very well fed jumbo perch that were very particular in what they would bite and this was way before the cameras and stuff came along. We fished it hard and called a dozen big perch between 3 or 4 guys fishing hard hole hopping a great day. That was when you could get 40 or 50 nice perch out of moose lake like frigg all but the ones out of that murky old tucker lake were just a bit nicer . Slave lake is the place for the common man to yank a true hawg perch anymore. Feel free to pm me too.