Old 05-10-2018, 12:53 PM

Default Mossberg cuts ties with dicks sporting goods

They put there foot down. Don’t see this happen everyday

http://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/u...ting-Goods.pdf

Springfield did as well

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.guns...dicks-off/amp/
Old 05-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Default First shotgun I ever bought was a Mossberg in 1977

Didnt last a full season of duck and goose hunting before slide on pump fell off. Manufacturers warranty was 90 days so I was told too bad so sad. Buy another one or get a gunsmith to try to fix it. Havent owned a Mossberg anything since. Perhaps Dicks is just doing quality control.
On the other hand a friend in US advised me Dicks was clearing out Final Approach professional ground blinds for $135 as fall grass color wouldnt sell in the deep south. they were very professional and efficient charging me exactly what their cost was to ship these blinds to Canada at $35 each.
They are taking some heat because they went on record as not wanting to sell "assault type" rifles anymore (Ar platform) which is perfectly within their rights as a retailer. There are enough retailers of the AR style in the US already so one major retailer opting not to carry them makes almost no impact on the availability in the US. Believe this decision relates to their conscience not their changed viewpoint of constitutional rights as one of the mass murderers did buy firearms from them it just wasnt the one he used in the commision of the school shootings. I believe they are entitled to make this decision as other sales screening would be challenged under a number of points. this way they dont have to justify not selling them under certain circumstances (mail order) as they no longer stock the controversial item.

Last edited by wwbirds; 05-10-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Banned

As entry level as they may be, Mossberg has been around for a long time. This nowthe second manufacturer to cut ties with Dicks, second being Springfield as noted above. This is all fallout after Dicks change to their corporate policies.

I find it sad in today’s day and age that you have to extreme opposites of the scales or there’s a fight. Yeti cuts ties with the NRA and other organizations but because of that they are against the 2nd amendment? Maybe it just means they don’t like how the NRA is presenting their message.
Dicks sporting goods message was very clear when they made the decision to destroy the AR’s rather than send them back to the distributor/manufacturer.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Didnt last a full season of duck and goose hunting before slide on pump fell off. Manufacturers warranty was 90 days so I was told too bad so sad. Buy another one or get a gunsmith to try to fix it. Havent owned a Mossberg anything since. Perhaps Dicks is just doing quality control.
On the other hand a friend in US advised me Dicks was clearing out Final Approach professional ground blinds for $135 as fall grass color wouldnt sell in the deep south. they were very professional and efficient charging me exactly what their cost was to ship these blinds to Canada at $35 each.
They are taking some heat because they went on record as not wanting to sell "assault type" rifles anymore (Ar platform) which is perfectly within their rights as a retailer. There are enough retailers of the AR style in the US already so one major retailer opting not to carry them makes almost no impact on the availability in the US. Believe this decision relates to their conscience not their changed viewpoint of constitutional rights as one of the mass murderers did buy firearms from them it just wasnt the one he used in the commision of the school shootings. I believe they are entitled to make this decision as other sales screening would be challenged under a number of points. this way they dont have to justify not selling them under certain circumstances (mail order) as they no longer stock the controversial item.
They also refuse to sell firearms and ammunition to anyone under 21, including members of the armed services. Of course it's their right to do this, but it is the manufacturers right to not deal with them, and the public's right not to buy anything from them.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
They are taking some heat because they went on record as not wanting to sell "assault type" rifles anymore (Ar platform) which is perfectly within their rights as a retailer. There are enough retailers of the AR style in the US already so one major retailer opting not to carry them makes almost no impact on the availability in the US.
While what you are saying may be true, the press release stated why they are dropping them, and it has nothing to do with Dick's decision to stop carrying AR style firearms.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
While what you are saying may be true, the press release stated why they are dropping them, and it has nothing to do with Dick's decision to stop carrying AR style firearms.
Maybe Dicks dropped them and they did a free press release to make it look better. But if it's in the news, it must be true. It would be interesting to hear Dick's explanation.

Seems strange that two low end manufacturers are now missing from Dick's vendor list at the same time.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Default Just read the press release from dicks

Available on their site. Encourage legislators to pass common sense gun reforms. Ban assault rifles. Encourage gun sales only be made to those over 21. Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks. Update maintain and publish a list of people banned from purchasing firearms due to health concerns to distrubute to vendors. If they indeed hired a lobbiest to promote these items to congress to save/stop school shooting casualties because they believe there are holes in the existing system.

Last edited by wwbirds; 05-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:35 PM

I was curious about this store so I just checked out their website. They seem more like a Sport Check type store than a hunting / fishing outfit, not that they don't have a shooting / hunting department.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:18 AM

They apparently stopped selling "assault rifles" after Sandy Hook a couple of yrs back, and apparently their management has now hired anti-gun lobbyists and they are going to destroy their stock on "assault weapons" rather than sell it or return it, along with the 21yr old or over sales policy. There are a few companies cutting off Dick's in the last while, the memes are hilarious in some cases. There again too, there are some major trading houses on Wall St pulling money from gun co. investments, some banks telling them to take their banking elsewhere, think it was San Francisco that would not issue business licences for gun shops in the city, or something to that effect, there was a story about the last shop in the city closing down because of that or an ordinance, or whatever, that was aimed at the gun shops. Can't mail order or ship mail order guns and ammo into California now. Lot of stuff going on down there. NFA puts in a link to a org called gunsense on their FB page on their posts lately, some scary links off that site to anti gun orgs in the US.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Banned

MKS Supply cut ties with them yesterday as well.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Who cares?

I could care less what Mossberg does,I've cut ties(boycotted)with them.
Mossberg threw CDNS under the bus when they released the 715P (.22LR pistol) onto the CDN market,despite the FACT that they were forewarned that doing so would essentially make criminals out of thousands of CDNS that already owned the the 715T rifle which came standard with 25 round mag.
Mossberg ignored the warning(corporate greed) and launched the pistol anyhow,setting up thousands of CDNS for potentially life altering criminal charges for possession of prohibited magazines.
F Mossberg,they are no friend of Canadian gun owners.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
I could care less what Mossberg does,I've cut ties(boycotted)with them.
Mossberg threw CDNS under the bus when they released the 715P (.22LR pistol) onto the CDN market,despite the FACT that they were forewarned that doing so would essentially make criminals out of thousands of CDNS that already owned the the 715T rifle which came standard with 25 round mag.
Mossberg ignored the warning(corporate greed) and launched the pistol anyhow,setting up thousands of CDNS for potentially life altering criminal charges for possession of prohibited magazines.
F Mossberg,they are no friend of Canadian gun owners.
How is this any different from the Ruger 10/22 and the Ruger Charger pistol?

You’re obviously missing the point of the whole thread as it’s not about Mossberg but about Dick’s turning their back on one certain sect of the firearms community and discrimination against their customers.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
How is this any different from the Ruger 10/22 and the Ruger Charger pistol?

You’re obviously missing the point of the whole thread as it’s not about Mossberg but about Dick’s turning their back on one certain sect of the firearms community and discrimination against their customers.
It's no different at all then the 10/22 fiasco and precedes it by a few years actually,probably where the jack boot thugs came up with the idea to ban the Ruger mags as well.....both cases are a buncha BS anyhow.....and NO I'm NOT missing the point at all,jest sayn,Mossberg was forewarned and chose to go ahead and unleash their pistol onto the CDN market anyhow,and they will NEVER see another dime of my $$ so I don't care what stance Mossberg is taking in their biggest market in USA to put on a show,they hooped thousands of CDNS a few years ago,which is quite disappointing because I've enjoyed several Mossberg's over the years including my first ever .22 and 12ga almost 40years ago and more recently an older model 30-06 bolt which was a nice shooter with a solid action that was slick as snot.

Last edited by West O'5; 05-13-2018 at 06:47 AM.