Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Default Thieves strike again, this time in Sicamous

Got a call from my buddy that my boat had been broken into. Broke the lock and damaged the door going below. Ransacked the inside, spread chips all over. Got 100 oz of booze (which is no big deal). But they did get my 2 collector knives, worth around $600. That really got me ****ed off. They hit 3 other boats at our dock, wrecking glove boxes and walked away with a whopping $40. They have been busy these lowlifes, hitting other docks and marinas over a couple of nights. Apparently the police have a very good idea who it is, but don't have any reason to do a search yet. I hope they find one. I would really like those knives back, they mean a lot to me. The only thing I hate worse than a thief is a pedophile, I would love to just have a couple of minutes alone with him.

You know they or he is a young punk, on my bed, $500 combo rod/reel, tackle box probably $1500 worth of stuff in it. Electric down riggers. Just looking for booze and money, losers

So now, next weekend, I get to go out and clean up the mess, fix the damage and hopefully install a security system if it gets here in time.

A couple pics of the knives. The fillet knife is a little diff, mine has a bone handle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg knife.jpg (17.6 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg knife2.jpg (44.5 KB, 315 views)

Last edited by Bigdad013; 09-10-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Sad to hear but what is even more sad, is that even if the scumbags are caught, they will only get a slap on the wrist.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:14 PM

We have those bastards here too,
Then one question, why were those $600 collector knives in your boat!!
Old 09-10-2017, 02:08 PM

My neighborhood hood gets hit once a week. It sucks. Same thing. Garage and car hopping. And it's a nice division. And of course when they do get caught nothing happens. Slap on the wrist if that. We are in Lethbridge and my wife's car got broken into. Got a call from rcmp 2 weeks later and found some of our stuff in sylvan lake. Talked to the officer and basically they said: yeah she was well known to us. The crown let her go.
We were like wtf??? The theif is known to rcmp and caught with stolen items and walked????
So sick of this criminal system.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:12 PM

Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, you are one of a few that got broke into, and yes you are most likely right that the police know who it is..but yet these thieving people get to keep on thieving and breaking stuff.. Sometimes I gotta wonder why the police just don't give these culprits a visit and then find a nice shed to take em out back of!
Earlier this year we had a strange truck in our yard up peace river way.. It was in our yard from just before 5 am until 8 am.. Long story short the police arrived 1/2 hour later..I went out at one point in the crunchy snow and the wife called me back to the house.. She thought they may overpower me and then what??
The police said he was sorry for being late as things are crazy out there he said.. I believe him, but those that live 20 to 30 min from the police station...your hooped for help! Sorry you have to go through this, it must suck big time!
Hope they find your knives, with the bad guys!!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 09-10-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Sad to hear but what is even more sad, is that even if the scumbags are caught, they will only get a slap on the wrist.
If I had my way, we'd cut off thieves' right hands and dump 'em anywhere in the Middle East, except Israel.

Just sayin'.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
We have those bastards here too,
Then one question, why were those $600 collector knives in your boat!!
I use them all the time when I'm out boating and fishing.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:57 AM

Default Update

Well after doing inventory, the also got bluetooth speaker, binoculars, old winter gloves(weird).
They tried to steal my fish finder, but this spring I bought the E-lock ($25?) and it prevented them from stealing it, but they did get my navionics card. So now it looks like I will be making an insurance claim. I was hoping to avoid that. Pain in the ass these thieves.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 AM

Somewhere along the line we decided it was not humane to hang thieves.

Maybe its time this policy was re-evaluated.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, you are one of a few that got broke into, and yes you are most likely right that the police know who it is..but yet these thieving people get to keep on thieving and breaking stuff.. Sometimes I gotta wonder why the police just don't give these culprits a visit and then find a nice shed to take em out back of!
Earlier this year we had a strange truck in our yard up peace river way.. It was in our yard from just before 5 am until 8 am.. Long story short the police arrived 1/2 hour later..I went out at one point in the crunchy snow and the wife called me back to the house.. She thought they may overpower me and then what??
The police said he was sorry for being late as things are crazy out there he said.. I believe him, but those that live 20 to 30 min from the police station...your hooped for help! Sorry you have to go through this, it must suck big time!
Hope they find your knives, with the bad guys!!
Zip

What were they doing in your yard for three hours? I have similar problems. They break the locked gate and go about their business, police can't get there in time. Missed them by 20 minutes last time. Not sure what I'd do if they break in while I'm actually there....
Old 09-15-2017, 07:58 AM

Default Caught the bastard

He got a little arrogant, decided a camera wasn't going to stop him. Posted on facebook, and turned in within hours. No items recovered yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9645.jpg (49.4 KB, 329 views)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:44 AM

Cool Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Somewhere along the line we decided it was not humane to hang thieves.

Maybe its time this policy was re-evaluated.
X 2 i do think it just may happen in time but not by the criminl system. A theif that is known to rcmp and is caught with stolen items and is let out to do it again over & over they just get more aggressive eventually assaulting somebody they will get there KARMA! coming to them they just have disapperaing act. Leaves you wondering why things seem safe all of a sudden?
So sick of this criminal system it just puts you in a mine state to protect yourself and your property at all cost the law and the system will not do it in my life time.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:15 PM

Default update

Just got a call from the RCMP. Got my stuff back, never thought that was going to happen. Made my day. As for the thief, 2 charges of break and enter, using and possessing a stolen credit card and 2 counts of violating conditions, he only received 30 days. I did find a security system for the boat which I think will be very effective. It's a pressure mat with siren and light that will be mounted on the side out of reach of the criminals. As soon as they step on it, lights and noise. Heres to some better luck next year, and hopefully that thief will move.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:31 PM

I always wondered if battery acid would eat through a vodka bottle....

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I always wondered if battery acid would eat through a vodka bottle....
Could do... with the help of a claymore. Opps... did I say that out loud?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:59 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdad013 View Post
Just got a call from the RCMP. Got my stuff back, never thought that was going to happen. Made my day. As for the thief, 2 charges of break and enter, using and possessing a stolen credit card and 2 counts of violating conditions, he only received 30 days. I did find a security system for the boat which I think will be very effective. It's a pressure mat with siren and light that will be mounted on the side out of reach of the criminals. As soon as they step on it, lights and noise. Heres to some better luck next year, and hopefully that thief will move.
Good that you got your items back, as for the punk keep his pic posted, he made his parents real proud.

30 days with bubba and the boys might change his profession.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-22-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
What were they doing in your yard for three hours? I have similar problems. They break the locked gate and go about their business, police can't get there in time. Missed them by 20 minutes last time. Not sure what I'd do if they break in while I'm actually there....
Don't know what they were doing..2 guys, sitting in the cold, down by my corrals, about 100 yards from the house..I think they were down there hiding out until it was safe for them to drive...we live on a dead end road..so no traffic ever comes there unless your lost, visiting, or have done something bad and need to hide until it's safe to go..my opinion, I told the Leo who arrived that I went part way down there to check em out, I was okay as I had some insurance with me, in my hands and hidden, so I was covered, but the wife was pretty nervous that I went that far from the house..the cop said next time please don't do that..I dought I would listen to him..but I listened when the wife was feeling unsafe, if I got hurt, then what was she supposed to do, it was a weird night.
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-22-2017, 08:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Ya a few years ago I was behind the house splitting wood with the axe, a few hours, all covered in sweat and I see these two fellas walking down my quad trail behind the house so I walk towards them just to say hi, what ya up to etc and when they saw me they took off, bolted through the tree's like mad men, not taking the quad trail, tripping, falling. I just stood there stunned at all the noise as they crashed through the bush. Went backed, stacked up some woods, went tin the house and told the wife...she said really, you approach people all covered in dirt and sweat carrying an axe...what did you expect?

Hmmm....perspective I guess.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-22-2017, 09:11 AM

^^^Sounds like a scene from Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) B-)
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdad013 View Post
Please post his name! If he was convicted that should be public knowledge. And the best part is anyone googling his name will see this thread.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Please post his name! If he was convicted that should be public knowledge. And the best part is anyone googling his name will see this thread.
It is public record. Sheldon Storm Odd