Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2017, 11:40 AM

Default Fight With Youtube

So I know that many of the guys in the fishing forum have youtube channels and submit content and I am assuming that many outdoorsmen in general on here have youtube channels. Mine is:https://www.youtube.com/user/FishCrazytoTheCore

I over the last few months have notices that for some reason my fishing videos have been blocked by Youtube, so I haven't been able to run ads on them. I also have a few other friends that do other hunting and fishing videos and they also were getting blocked.

If this is happening to you, make sure that you send in a complaint to youtube about this. Finally today a few of my outdoors videos have again been allowed to have ads on them.

If you make a stink, it seems like Youtube will fix it. My latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dWK5UfoV9s was blocked for advertizing. If you watch it you will see that I do not have any content that goes against any of youtube's rules, and yet they blocked it. How stupid is that?

Lesson: If youtube isn't allowing you to put ads on videos that you should be able to, make a stink.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:11 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Did anyone contact you to explain why?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-22-2017, 12:26 PM

YouTube demonetized firearms channels a while back, in your case they're probably responding to complaints from people who are crying for the welfare of fish, etc.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
YouTube demonetized firearms channels a while back, in your case they're probably responding to complaints from people who are crying for the welfare of fish, etc.
and a lot of other channels to do with prepping, survival, bushcraft, hunting,etc... They are just trying to keep the sheep in line. Pretty funny what kind of mindless garbage is trending on youtube on any given day...
Old 11-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Did anyone contact you to explain why?
I didn't get any reply whatsoever. I just looked at my channel and saw that all of a sudden the video was okay for having ads again. I don't know what sort of joke they are trying to pull.....lol
Old 11-22-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Amazing how Youtube bends to a couple complaints more than the complaints of the people that help them make revenue.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomama View Post
and a lot of other channels to do with prepping, survival, bushcraft, hunting, etc... They are just trying to keep the sheep in line. Pretty funny what kind of mindless garbage is trending on youtube on any given day...
For some reason it is the mindless garbage that makes the most money though.....my best video, which has over 650 000 views is just a video of a bunch of vehicles falling through the ice.....
Old 11-22-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomama View Post
and a lot of other channels to do with prepping, survival, bushcraft, hunting,etc... They are just trying to keep the sheep in line. Pretty funny what kind of mindless garbage is trending on youtube on any given day...
They've probably left alone any channels to do with gender reassignment, pipeline/O&G protesting or harassing conservatives though. That being said there are some real Einstein's posting firearm stunts that paint us all with a bad brush. The good ones like Hickock45 or Gunblast.com have never been anything but mature and professional. Some channels dabble in firearms such as Wranglerstar though it is far from their primary content, I wonder how they managed to plead their cases? Do they stay monetized but de-monetize the specific videos with firearm content or do they have to prove a certain percentage of non gun related content to get any ad money?
Old 11-22-2017, 02:32 PM

Kirstin Joy Weiss said on a facebook post recently that she was moving away from youtube as youtube did reinstate the monetization of her videos, but at a much reduced rate.

I like Wranglerstar's destructive testing of drills and stuff like that... Can't wait for a milwaukee/makita showdown.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:04 PM

I can't find the article I read about this a few weeks ago but it seems there's some pretty nefarious things going on on youtube behind the scenes. Long story short, advertisers are making fake claims through youtube's automated process in order to squash videos they see competing with their own interests.

As the system is fully automated the video gets taken down until the creator complains and then an actual human being goes back to the original complaint and realizes it was BS and re-instates the video.

I'm not sure this is what's happening to you but it's pretty interesting how some are gaming the system.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickakooKookoo View Post
I can't find the article I read about this a few weeks ago but it seems there's some pretty nefarious things going on on youtube behind the scenes. Long story short, advertisers are making fake claims through youtube's automated process in order to squash videos they see competing with their own interests.

As the system is fully automated the video gets taken down until the creator complains and then an actual human being goes back to the original complaint and realizes it was BS and re-instates the video.

I'm not sure this is what's happening to you but it's pretty interesting how some are gaming the system.
Fight fire with fire. Get your advertisers to complain about any video content dealing with fuzzy kittens, rainbows or unicorns

Colin
Old 11-22-2017, 06:21 PM

Pretty much it is now an automated bot that goes through and looks for things that would make your video "non advertiser friendly" and it will be marked and have monetization blocked. You have to go and request a manual review on any videos to (hopefully) get them to reverse the decision.

It has been happening to a ton of people unfortunately.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the11fisherman View Post
I didn't get any reply whatsoever. I just looked at my channel and saw that all of a sudden the video was okay for having ads again. I don't know what sort of joke they are trying to pull.....lol
If you have less than 10,000 lifetime video views then you cant run ads anymore. I know a few guys had this issue since they brought it into action in April I think.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
If you have less than 10,000 lifetime video views then you cant run ads anymore. I know a few guys had this issue since they brought it into action in April I think.
Well, I definitely don't have that issue since I have over 650 000 views on one video....lol
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 PM

This is how you solve YouTube.

https://steemit.com

TONS of people leaving youtube and working off Steemit now and making more money.

You're welcome.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
Pretty much it is now an automated bot that goes through and looks for things that would make your video "non advertiser friendly" and it will be marked and have monetization blocked. You have to go and request a manual review on any videos to (hopefully) get them to reverse the decision.

It has been happening to a ton of people unfortunately.
I hate it when they let the bots take over. The bots are already screwing us over enough.....lol
Old 11-23-2017, 01:28 PM

File a review of reason for demonetization. Its happening with many channels regardless of content but can be resolved.