Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2017, 10:02 AM

Default introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Howdy!
Here it is, the thread where you can introduce yourself, tell us about your favorite outdoor pastime, where you are from , etc.
Have at 'er !
Cat
is this where I introduce myself
Old 08-02-2017, 07:31 AM

Hi all, new here, 45 from Ontario. Been hunting big game here for 30years. Spend a lot of my hunting days chasing bears in the fall.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:28 AM

Default New to the forum and hunting

Good morning everyone, I'm Jess and from the Edmonton area. Born and raised Albertan and with a deepset love of the outdoors. I however was born into city dwelling family and missed out on those formative hunting years. Now in my 30's, I'm finally going to be able to live out the dream of hunting and providing wild meat for my family. I have been hunting exactly twice in my life, about 10 years apart and it was awesome. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my first shotgun next week and I can't wait to go hunting.

On that note, I would be most appreciative of any advice for a new hunter and perhaps a learning buddy, particularly for the safe handling and use of a shotgun. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2017, 11:36 AM

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi before I get started. I did quite a bit of hunting and fishing with my dad until I was about 11 or so but haven't in the 24 years since so I'm essentially brand new to it all.

Just starting to take my own son (8) out fishing and camping and so far we're loving it! We live in Calgary and tend to stick in the Southern/Central Alberta area just due to travel time constraints.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 PM

Been lurking here for a few years, bought quite a few items from the Buy and Sell. As my name implies, I have been hunting sheep mostly in BC for close to 50 years now. Happy to be a member
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Default New from BC

Hey outdoorsmen! New guy here from Kamloops BC. Heard about the forum through the rookie hunter podcast. Interested in everything from moose, Elk and deer to salmon and trout. Happy to be here!
Old 08-05-2017, 12:12 PM

Default Ahoy!

Hey everyone,

Edmonton born and raised. Always lived in the city and enjoyed camping when I could. I've recently got approved for my R/PAL (after 6 months and a stern phone call) and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival in the mail. I've always camped in designated camp sites and am looking to do some back country exploring and hunting.

It seems as though there are many knowelgable memebers on this forum. I'd be happy to get to know everyone and be grateful if anyone would take a new hunter under their wing.

See you in the forums ladies and gentlemen,

-GrizzlyBeard
Old 08-16-2017, 09:14 PM

Default Prairie Jigger Plans

Greetings.

I live on the northern border of Minnesota, Gunflint Trail to be specific. My wife and I spend as much time as possible in the BWCAW and Quetico. When we are at home, in the late fall, we net whitefish. I'm looking for plans/instruction/blueprints on how to make a prairie ice jigger so we may continue our whitefish netting into the winter.

Anyone have info on that?

Thanks.

Whitefishguy
Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Default Hello

Hello i am new to the forum. New to hunting but have been in the outdoor fishing off and on for years. Live in the calgary area.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:48 PM

New to the forum , my passion is ice fishing , my favourite species is whitefish.

Add me as a friend and I'll discuss ice fishing whites
Old 08-24-2017, 09:29 AM

Default Howdy

Good morning all.

Been lurking for a bit, figured I best introduce myself.

44 yr old married father of two living in Edmonton. Did a fair amount of hunting up until about 25, wound up marrying a city gal, had a couple kids, and life got real busy as it tends to, so took a long lay off. My boy is 10 and figured it was time to get him off the screens and into the bush, so I’m back in full force, ready to give ‘er.

Do a ton of fishing, told my wife I would be around more once fishing season slows down, but goose season opening soon, so…….guess I’ll be re-tiling the kitchen floor this winter to keep her happy, happy wife, you guys know the rest.

Actively looking for some goose/duck hunting partners around my area, over the years, most of my guys have fallen off, moved, etc. Im fully equipped and ready to hammer them---tons around here. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Happy fishing and hunting!

Fishin
Old 08-28-2017, 08:02 PM

hi.44 yrs old.moved to sask from ont with wife and three kids 4 yrs ago.grew up on the farm enjoy hunting and fishing for most of my life.relocated west for better employment opportunities.stumbled upon AO forum about 1 mth ago.what a find!enjoy the hunting and guns discussion...thx!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:26 AM

Default Hello

Hello all,
I'm Alice a new member of this forum from USA, California. I love online gaming and I just want to tell you guys that It is my passion. I always have a desire to play new and latest games on my gaming monitor. If someone knows the latest game then tell me please.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:51 PM

Default Introduction

Hi I am new here. I am a 38 year old female with limited outdoors experience. I am trying to learn and experience more.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Banned

Hi everybody. Kinda new to hunting and fishing. Been into guns a while now. Early 40's dude from Calgary. Into a lot of sports and looking forward to learning how to fill a freezer each fall and possibly meet some people.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Default Greetings

Good Morning All!
I'm not really new to to the forum, had a membership quite a few years back. Just been lurking in the shadows ever since. I'm into all kinds of hunting, but chasing elk in the mountains is probably my favorite.
I look forward to hearing lots of stories and absorbing from the vast wealth of knowledge from the members here.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:02 PM

Hello! I'm from Edmonton and joined the forum yesterday. Looking to learn as much as possible from all of you and hopefully be able to pitch in with something useful every now and then... those times will probably be few and far between at first though as I am a fairly new hunter...

I'm a civil engineer by trade and it must be the white collar job that makes me want to get out more often and get my hands dirty. I like hunting (obv), hockey, and wrestling with the kids.

Looking forward to lots of hunting years to come and lots of learning on the way!
Old 09-15-2017, 09:45 PM

Default Hey there

I have been a member for about 2 years but I have just got into fishing this year with my sisters and I want to get into hunting with my brother.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:47 PM

Default Howdy

I like to hunt and fish although I don't do either as much as I would like.
Done a lot of canoeing in alberta and use to ride horses.
Mostly I shoot bow but when I need meat I take out the gun.
Catching salmon is a blast and I guess my bucket list is a halibut and an elk.
The elk with a bow.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:10 PM

Default Heyo

Lurking for a while and thought I should probably say hello.

From the calgary area, originally (+10 years) from out 'east', a province that shal not be named. I've always been into fishing but more recently got into fly fishing.. got a hunting license this year for the first time and have been cautiously hunting grouse.

Otherwise just a standard guy living alone with his cat.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:02 AM

Default Nayr

Hello, just found this forum and decided to join. I'm 53 and hunt mostly big game now. i hunt on horseback and pack horses. I found lots of interesting conversations on here already and am ready to add whatever input i have.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:24 AM

Yo what's up! I've been lurking for a few months, but recently got my PAL in the mail. Just made my first purchase from another user on here! I am the proud new owner of an SKS!
Old 09-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Banned

Hi everybody.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM

Default Introduction thread for the new members

A hearty hello to you all. I've signed up for this forum in the last few days, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Name's Fred and I live in south east Edmonton. I'm 33 years old and have a wife and 2 little girls ages 6 and 2. We moved here last year by way of Ontario but am from Newfoundland - Trinity Bay.

I love to fish and I'm not picky - from fly fishing for brook trout, to jigging for Walleye to working a topwater for bass, to ice fishing rainbows - I love it.

I am relatively new to hunting but am keen to find a hunting buddy who is up for a scattered day trip. My job keeps me from going on long trips, but I'm looking forward to getting out whenever I can.

I don't smoke or drink, so I might seem boring or interesting to some of you - but I thought I'd put it out there.

I appreciate all the information on this forum and will offer any conversation I can - and if you wouldn't mind a hunting or fishing partner every now and then, feel free to DM me.

Looking forward to it!

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Banned

Hey guys, Im Milton, I am a avid waterfowler and bowhunter. Just thought id say hi!
Old 10-10-2017, 10:41 AM

Hey everyone I've been checking out lots of great info on this forum for quite some time and thought I should finally join. I have a few rifles and enjoy target shooting with my new mini 14.

I'm in a small town between Calgary and Red Deer and when I'm not working I like to spend my time shooting, quading and camping with my gf and my daughter.

I look forward to reviewing more info and maybe even contributing once I a while.

Savage Bacon
Old 10-11-2017, 01:51 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am from the Westlock area, been here more years than I care to admit. I enjoy hunting with rifle or bow, fishing and just being outdoors. I look forward to discussions about near any topic,the exception being politics.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:04 AM

Default First Timer

Hey all,

My name is Kyle, I am 28 and married. I grew up around the Medicine Hat area. I currently live outside of Airdrie. I am an avid Fly fishermen and Outdoorsmen.I love to get out backpacking during the summer season and target high alpine char or trout. In the past year I passed my HE Course, so I am looking to finally get out on my first hunt.

Anyways I hope to learn a lot from the folks on this Forum.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:19 AM

Default buy and sell /newbie

Good day Alberta Outdoors man,
Here is my introduction post. Glad to be joining your Forum. Little about myself.......I have been a hunter for 23 years. Taught by Dad and uncles how to hunt moose, elk, and deer. Grew up in a military family and taught marksmanship at an early age. Just recently I finally started reloading my own. Hence why I joined your forum to talk firearms and saw a few things on the buy and sell that peaked my interest.
So what's the deal with 30 days and 20 posts before being able to converse with sellers? Is there a problem with scammers? I have questions for sellers and would like to purchase some items.
Cheers 360hunt
Old 10-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Banned

Hello from Calgary. I'm a new hunter unsuccessful as of yet but maybe that can change? Looking forward to my first deer.