Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2017, 07:36 PM

Yup, 10 game point streak for Johnny. Good finish with Tkachuk blocking a shot with 21 seconds left, that takes heart in a game that's already won. Great game for sure. 12-8-0 and looking good. Killed all the penalties, which was huge for them. Johnny on pace for 125 point season.... but I'm not jinxing it, just happy to see he is having fun and getting wins.

Beating Caps in their own barn, sweep the season series.......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 11-20-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Brodie was terrible today
Brodie again...

I watched him the past years and loved him.....This year not so much..LOL
Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 PM

Too bad Johnny's point streak ended....and the first OT loss this season. I guess they take their point, and get ready for the next one. Kind of a dull game actually, other than some great saves by Smith.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2017, 10:44 AM

Lack, and his "5.29 goals against average and an .813 save percentage in 4 four games with the Flames" is on waivers. Can't say I'm disappointed. Get one of the young guys up here and get Parsons in the AHL.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Lack, and his "5.29 goals against average and an .813 save percentage in 4 four games with the Flames" is on waivers. Can't say I'm disappointed. Get one of the young guys up here and get Parsons in the AHL.
Bout time. Wow he is a disappointment. If Subban wasn’t back from IR I’m sure the Golden Knights would have taken him but maybe not anymore.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:57 AM

Rumor has it David Rittich is in Dallas and speculated to start on Saturday against Colorado. Kinda looking forward to what he can do.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:08 PM

High light reel....Johnny.....
Old 11-24-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
High light reel....Johnny.....
That was such a sweet steal and goal!!

Old 11-24-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
That was such a sweet steal and goal!!
That was too awsome...I almost missed it
Old 11-24-2017, 09:43 PM

Well, that was a fun game to watch, Flames led 3 times, but those brain fart giveaways by Hamilton, Stone and Hamonic cost the game.....too bad. Johnny with goal and assists on both of Monahan's goals, and Ferland scoring...that line was hot!

C'est la vie.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:43 AM

Another one in the Win column on the road. Hamilton had nice goal, redeemed himself for his sloppy turn over that cost them in Dallas. All the D actually played a better game. The new backup Rittich got his first start and win, played a solid game imo. They did a good job on the PK, but there were too many sloppy penalties (Jagr can't skate, but he needs to not blatantly hook when he is beat!)...anyway. Looks like a team that wants to, and can, win.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:50 PM

Ferland has really nice hands, and when he staples them to the wall, there's a little less air available for a moment.

Come spring, do you let him run amok cranking guys, or let him play quick & score. Nice dilemma for sure.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:25 AM

I think the Oilers sent some of their bad luck south. 2 or those goals last night, especially the first one, had eyes.

2.5 games back now, look out, here we come.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:12 AM

Yeah, those goals off hamonic and backlund hurt...but the Flames just looked tired (other than Smith who did make some great stops. Flames still have a game in hand on Oilers? Hawks lost to Preds, so the West didn't have much movement in standings really. It's early.

Nice to see the Oilers could beat the last place team in league with a come from behind OT win....

Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 AM

Brodie and Hamonic have to start stepping up.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:29 PM

Really ...0.9 of a second left and your down 3-1 ..and want to do a goal review on a empty net .goal ...

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 11-29-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
Really ...0.9 of a second left and your down 3-1 ..and want to do a goal review on a empty net .goal ...
Lmao.....
Old 11-29-2017, 02:12 PM

Clearly up in Edmonton they don't care about their Goals Against.

But Yes, I see your point lol... Never surrender!!!!
Old 11-29-2017, 02:14 PM

I didn't catch the whole game, but something must have happened to anger Gulutzan. A time out or challenge in that situation is just saying f.u. to the Leafs. Or to put it more politely, "Ya, you won, but we're gonna make you stand around and wait for a couple of minutes before you get to celebrate."

Maybe Gulutzan has a dislike for Komorov and doesn't want him padding his stats with an empty net goal. Who knows?

It'd be fun to know what his motivation was, as a successful challenge would have no impact on the outcome of the game.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
Brodie and Hamonic have to start stepping up.
I tend to agree with you, Brodie has made more mistakes and poor decisions (turnovers leading to goals, puck watching and not covering his man, bad passes that get picked, letting somebody slip behind him for the long pass....) than in the past two or three years. His head doesn't seem to be in the game as much as in the past, and his offensive contribution isn't what it should (and can) be. Hamonic is a new guy to me, I think he is capable of more but time will tell. Dougie Hamilton has sure come along nicely though, and I really like Stone as well. Kulak has done his part, he's a responsible guy, and Gio has been leading the D and team like the Captain he is.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:46 PM

Listen you Flames didn't ask for the review, the league did. have to say I thought the same at the time but learnt after we didn't ask for the review. secondl flames crapped the bed, onto the next game.

coach has to go, god he drives me nutz, talk about no personality on the bench, straight face, no emotion, continues to drive a round peg into a square hole. Only reason we are up 5 pts on oilers soon to be 7 is because of our goal tending. zero contribution from the 3rd and 4th lines. what do we do, we substitute 4th line with 2 people that have put on waivers that are not nhl worthy, heck lucky if they made an ahl team. Under Gulutzen, we have never been an oiler game, so not expecting miracles Sat. we have the talent, but..............................

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Listen you Flames didn't ask for the review, the league did. have to say I thought the same at the time but learnt after we didn't ask for the review. secondl flames crapped the bed, onto the next game.

coach has to go, god he drives me nutz, talk about no personality on the bench, straight face, no emotion, continues to drive a round peg into a square hole. Only reason we are up 5 pts on oilers soon to be 7 is because of our goal tending. zero contribution from the 3rd and 4th lines. what do we do, we substitute 4th line with 2 people that have put on waivers that are not nhl worthy, heck lucky if they made an ahl team. Under Gulutzen, we have never been an oiler game, so not expecting miracles Sat. we have the talent, but..............................
I want Darryl Sutter back!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:32 PM

And that's how you beat the last place team in the league.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:49 PM

Shut out is good. Nice pair of goals for Jankowski, I really like the way this youngster is shaping up. Nice win.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:23 AM

They're saying Versteeg may be out for the season.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
They're saying Versteeg may be out for the season.
Yeah, you know it isn't good when they say they are waiting on a second opinion.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Banned

Versteeg might be done with his career
Apparently its the same hip muscle that kept him out for a year last time.
He gets operated on Monday in New York.

I was fortunate to go enjoy the game last night in person.
BORING first and second... Third was fun to watch though.

Jankowkski goal was brilliant. Takes his own rebound through the legs.. Amazing how quick he had to be to make that happen. My guess is he had less than 3 feet to make that happen.

I have tickets to the Flyers on Monday as well. I am loving these 1/4 season seats.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:39 PM

Yeah that's really too bad about Versteeg, I believe he's from Taber? He was born in Lethbridge anyway. Sad news, he really contributed everywhere he played. Best wishes for successful surgery for sure.

My son helps coach the local U-16 team, they are in Calgary this weekend and he texted me that they are going to the game tomorrow. Hope it's a good one!

Old 12-02-2017, 02:47 PM

"The group supports Rusty 100 percent. They're in their tapping him" he said.

Looks like we might lose tonight Twisted Canuck.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
"The group supports Rusty 100 percent. They're in their tapping him" he said.

Looks like we might lose tonight Twisted Canuck.
Oh bite Yer tongue! Whatever, I want to see a good game played. Go Flames Go!