Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskegnmud View Post
why is it the flames always play the second of back to back games when visiting teams come thru Alberta?
Lots of websites give detailed analysis of a team's schedule. They'll look at things like b2b games played, # of opponents playing b2b games, travel etc, etc.

Here's an article that gives the Cole's Notes version. They provide some links if you want more detail.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-teams-f...224413588.html
Old 11-05-2017, 10:03 PM

Well that was an entertaining game tonight! Flames kept up pretty good to the speedy Devils, and Smith was again outstanding. The pass from Johnny to Ferland for his goal was pretty to see. That fourth goal by Devils was a bit of a stinker to tie it, and OT was a rodeo....but, Chuckie for the shoot out win works!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-05-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Ya, would be nice to play a bagged out team for a change instead of handing over a tired team to the shames every time.
They were discussing the pros/cons of playing a team on the back-to-back on the radio the other day. It was basically the team that played the night before is in game mode at puck drop and the rested team isn't. As the game progresses, momentum tends to shift. Essentially, if the teams are close, the team that played the night before has to score early as they'll get wore down in the second half.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:15 AM

This wasn't a back to back though....Devils had a rest day
Old 11-06-2017, 12:51 PM

Also to note,And will find the statistics if need be.

Oilers will finish the season facing more teams on the b2b then Calgary
Oilers will play "tired" competition more times while rested then the flames.

All will come out in the wash. However, flames have made hay on this homestand!
Old 11-07-2017, 09:39 PM

Well, I guess it was the Flames night to dominate every aspect of the game....and lose. Disappointing to say the least.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-07-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well, I guess it was the Flames night to dominate every aspect of the game....and lose. Disappointing to say the least.
Markstrom says Hi.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Yep, unfortunately the Flames can't draw the back-up goalie every night
Old 11-08-2017, 08:18 AM

great game. Poor result. On to the next one!
Also, God i hate this early schedule. Play 1 wait 3-4 days. Bring on the 3 in 4 and every other night games!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Yep, unfortunately the Flames can't draw the back-up goalie every night
Ah! So that is why the Flames are having a much better season than the Oilers! I knew there was some excuse that was going to come out for why the Oilers are sucking worse than the Flames. I feel enlightened now.

What is the excuse for the Mighty McJesus not having as many points as Little Johnny?

Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Ah! So that is why the Flames are having a much better season than the Oilers! I knew there was some excuse that was going to come out for why the Oilers are sucking worse than the Flames. I feel enlightened now.

What is the excuse for the Mighty McJesus not having as many points as Little Johnny?
Johnny has 2 more points than McDavid and the Flames have played 1 more game. Draisaitl was missing for 4 games. Johnny points would be a little lower if Monahan had missed 4 games. LOL

I am just going from memory but in the last 2 weeks the Flames have drawn Wash's back-up, Pitts back-up and NJ's back-up. Just pointing out that you can't always draw the back-up, Flames will have to play the number 1 sometimes,
Old 11-08-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Johnny has 2 more points than McDavid and the Flames have played 1 more game. Draisaitl was missing for 4 games. Johnny points would be a little lower if Monahan had missed 4 games. LOL
Thank you for your well reasoned excuses. A lot of thought and effort went into that, I can tell.

Kind of sad to have to make excuses for The Savior, but nice you are willing to make the effort.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your well reasoned excuses. A lot of thought and effort went into that, I can tell.

Kind of sad to have to make excuses for The Savior, but nice you are willing to make the effort.
Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts!
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts!
Well reasoned 'facts' always make the best excuses.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:56 PM

Ain't that the truth.

I have a $50 bet with another Flames fan here that Draisaitl will get more points than Johnny this year. Even took the bet right after Draisaitl got injured. Didn't seem fair taking McDavid as I wanted the Flames fan to have a fighting chance. But if you want to bet on Johnny to have more points than McDavid at the end of the season, I am sure I have another $50 kicking around.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:09 PM

I post at 6:35
You post at 6:37

I post at 6:41
You post at 6:44

I post post at 6:56
crickets...........
Old 11-08-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Ain't that the truth.

I have a $50 bet with another Flames fan here that Draisaitl will get more points than Johnny this year. Even took the bet right after Draisaitl got injured. Didn't seem fair taking McDavid as I wanted the Flames fan to have a fighting chance. But if you want to bet on Johnny to have more points than McDavid at the end of the season, I am sure I have another $50 kicking around.
Hell no, I don't want that bet! there is no way Johnny should have more points now! Never mind after 82 games. I'm just glad the Flames have exceeded expectations so far.....and the Oilers? Haven't!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I post at 6:35
You post at 6:37

I post at 6:41
You post at 6:44

I post post at 6:56
crickets...........
Well maybe I had to walk the dog? As opposed to what some Oilers do with the pooch....

Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Hell no, I don't want that bet! there is no way Johnny should have more points now! Never mind after 82 games. I'm just glad the Flames have exceeded expectations so far.....and the Oilers? Haven't!
Wise choice..... and I looked and couldn't find that $50 anyways.

Thanks for PM'ing a picture of your dog!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05facd13273362f427f0ec4d1b175afe--gear--the-cool.jpg (38.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Wise choice..... and I looked and couldn't find that $50 anyways.

Thanks for PM'ing a picture of your dog!
Ha! That's desperate to dress your dog up! You sure you wouldn't rather just take one for the team?

Pretty sure my dog protects his ball better than RNH and some others protect the puck....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171026_170358.jpg (47.7 KB, 24 views)

Old 11-08-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Ha! That's desperate to dress your dog up! You sure you wouldn't rather just take one for the team?

Pretty sure my dog protects his ball better than RNH and some others protect the puck....
Good looking dog and I think he is trying to tell you something. That ball certainly looks like Oiler's Blue to me. And look how he has arranged the ball and 2 bones, look like he is trying to spell "Oil". I very smart dog indeed.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Good looking dog and I think he is trying to tell you something. That ball certainly looks like Oiler's Blue to me. And look how he has arranged the ball and 2 bones, look like he is trying to spell "Oil". I very smart dog indeed.
Good lord, you have to chill a bit. It is only a game
Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 PM

Trust me when I say you are more worked up telling me to chill, then I ever get on these threads. Good fun and lots of laughs at the opposing fans expense.

So chill dude on being the chill out police.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
You could be right....and he chews the crap out of that ball and those bones. You may need to take one for the team, just to counter the bad Mojo inflicted by my dog.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:49 PM

You might of got Bessie to fall for that, and we thank him for the win, but I ain’t going there.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:49 PM

Hey Oilers, you know those bad ol' Red Wings that shut you out at home 4-0 the other night? Well, the Flames got even for you to the tune of 6-3. 2 goals and an assist for Johnny, how many points ahead of McJesus is that now? Jagr had a beauty goal from Johnny and assisted on Jankowskis' first NHL goal (how cool would that be?? 'my first goal was assisted by Jagr, who was twice my age'!). Another fine win.

Oh, and it was Mrazek in net, so not the back up goalie....the same one who shut out Oilers at home.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Banned

Missed the game... why do they always beat Detroit?

YAY
Old 11-09-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Jagr had a beauty goal from Johnny and assisted on Jankowskis' first NHL goal (how cool would that be?? 'my first goal was assisted by Jagr, who was twice my age'!).
I'm sure it would be a highlight in the trophy cabinet, regardless of what else goes in there.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Hey Oilers, you know those bad ol' Flames that you keep beating every time?
Listening......
Old 11-10-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Listening......
Listening to the Oilers in 28th place overall, Flames 14th? That does sound pretty good to start the day.

And Mcjesus was almost going to catch up in points, except Johnny moved up a spot to 7th, and mcJ is still at 22nd? Too funny. I'm really enjoying the season so far.