Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2017, 12:00 PM

Default Tanker Truck shot near Grande Prairie yesterday (Oct 18 2017) - UPDATE Now Multiple Vehicles shot

Saw this on a highway 40 road report group today.

Not cool at all. Keep your eyes peeled folks!

See the attachments for description and photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 pic.jpg (58.4 KB, 943 views)
File Type: jpg 2 pic.jpg (35.3 KB, 1095 views)
Old 10-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Welcome to Grande Prairie, with the highest DB population per capita in Canada, according to my first hand experience. Glad nobody got killed.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 PM

Wow! Thats nuts. Hope they find them. Glad your safe

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Wow! Thats nuts. Hope they find them. Glad your safe
Yeah, I wasn't involved in any way, just spreading the word.

I agree that's nuts. What if that thing was full of fuel, or had enough vapors to ignite?
Old 10-19-2017, 12:12 PM

A tank full of condensate would have been potentially exciting.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-19-2017, 12:14 PM

What the hell?!?!?!

Someone been watching Mad Max or Tango and Cash?

Morons are taking over Canada

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-19-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
A tank full of condensate would have been potentially exciting.....
My brother is a commercial fire fighter, currently working up by Grand Cache on a Frac. The other day one of the steam lines blew and he was 'hot fueling' and was already in bunker gear. He got on the hose to keep it from melting others and directed the steam into the ground until the service rig guys got the thing shut down.

That oilfield stuff is nothing to mess with.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
That oilfield stuff is nothing to mess with.
Nope. You can get dead fast in that evironment, things can go bad in the blink of an eye. Quite apart from some homicidal moron DB shooting at you on the highway. Really hope they can catch the guilty party, but have my doubts.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Banned

There was a truck and a car both a few nights ago driving through and shooting at houses at Frog and Fishing Lakes, in fact Frog Lake was on lockdown for a while. The truck was a black F-250 and the car a red G-6. I can’t recall which of the two they apprehended? Maybe this is a related incident?
There is a reason I usually keep my mini-14 and two full mags on the seat next to me at all times now.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
There is a reason I usually keep my mini-14 and two full mags on the seat next to me at all times now.
Really? I just can't get my head into that kind of space. In principle I agree people should be allowed to carry as a right, for self defense. In practice, I doubt I would bother. I've been dragging my butt around for over 50 years now, lived mostly in Alberta but also spent a year in Mexico, 3 years in Missouri, and lived in 3 other provinces for about 7 years....and never, in all that time, in all the tens of thousands of miles traveled, lived and worked, have I ever wished I had a loaded firearm next to me to protect myself. Not once. And I even had an unstable co worker take a loaded .357 out of the back of his car and point it at my head from ten feet away when I was young. Even then it never occurred to me that I wish I had a gun. I was just too stunned by the size of that bore I guess....Doesn't mean some situation couldn't happen where I'd want one, but to carry a semi auto around in my vehicle on the seat next to me, other than for the odd coyote I may see? Never going to happen.

Now in context of that story, you are driving down the highway and BOOM! somebody oncoming has hit you with a load of buckshot. You aren't injured. Now what are you going to do, turn around, speed after them, and open fire with your Mini 14? Really? Your life is no longer in danger, until you pursue vigilante justice. Seems reckless to me.

I just don't see it Spank.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Saw this on a highway 40 road report group today.

Not cool at all. Keep your eyes peeled folks!

See the attachments for description and photos.
Everytime BS like this happens it makes it a LOT easier for liberals to tighten gun laws more.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
There was a truck and a car both a few nights ago driving through and shooting at houses at Frog and Fishing Lakes, in fact Frog Lake was on lockdown for a while. The truck was a black F-250 and the car a red G-6. I can’t recall which of the two they apprehended? Maybe this is a related incident?
Just what we need, another frightened yahoo running around toting a gun.
Hopefully my wife and kid aren’t anywhere around when drop a rosebud in your shorts and start cracking rounds off.

This comment makes us all look bad, thanks.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 PM

While I certainly don't condone anyone shooting at anything such as what has happened, I will say that GP does have a huge DB population most of whom are driving fluid trucks of some description.......you would think that produced water must be worth $999 bucks a cube the way some of those ***** hats drive.

While that certainly doesn't justify what happened, it was only a matter of time if you ask me.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:34 PM

And another truck was shot today!!

😡
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2A5F530B-0109-444A-BB71-9C9AA5D7AFD6.jpg (18.8 KB, 521 views)
Old 10-19-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
While I certainly don't condone anyone shooting at anything such as what has happened, I will say that GP does have a huge DB population most of whom are driving fluid trucks of some description.......you would think that produced water must be worth $999 bucks a cube the way some of those ***** hats drive.

While that certainly doesn't justify what happened, it was only a matter of time if you ask me.
I agree that the DB population has grown. That's why I won't go back. I wouldn't be so hard on the fluid movers. The welders on hwy40 between gp and the husky road take the cake.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:57 PM

Whats a DB,just wondering.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba300 View Post
whats a db,just wondering.
d bag
Old 10-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Just what we need, another frightened yahoo running around toting a gun.
Hopefully my wife and kid aren’t anywhere around when drop a rosebud in your shorts and start cracking rounds off.

This comment makes us all look bad, thanks.
No frightened yahoo or vigilante here running around cracking rounds off but if I were put in a situation to have to defend myself I will. We can’t carry handguns in this country so I’ll carry what I legally can. I have friends in the US who are Canadian and both him and his wife carry. They aren’t scared and busting off rounds either, simply exercising a right they have with their US citizenship. You sound like you fit JT’s plans perfectly, roll over and give up your guns and let the cops identify your corpse at the scene 40 minutes after it happens. No thanks!

Last edited by The Spank; 10-19-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:05 PM

This sort of crap gives law abiding gun owners a bad name. Plus it could have been very dangerous. Glad that nobody was hurt. Hope they catch the bugger!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You sound like you fit JT’s plans perfectly, roll over and give up your guns and let the cops identify your corpse at the scene 40 minutes after it happens. No thanks!
So, only those who carry semi auto rifles next to them with two loaded mags are 'real' gun owners who care about gun rights, and everyone else is onboard with JT and the Liberal's anti gun plan? Really? Seems a stretch to me. Again.

If life were really as 'Wild West' as you seem to think it is, well I suppose many of us on this forum would also consider carrying a firearm around with us. So far, not really seeing it that way. Maybe I'm just too dumb to be afraid for my life all the time....or don't have the energy for it. Either way, still don't see the call to carry a firearm for protection all the time, there is just nothing that scary in my world that I live in. Lots of jerks and ignorant people for sure, but shooting them wouldn't really help my situation.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
So, only those who carry semi auto rifles next to them with two loaded mags are 'real' gun owners who care about gun rights, and everyone else is onboard with JT and the Liberal's anti gun plan? Really? Seems a stretch to me. Again.

If life were really as 'Wild West' as you seem to think it is, well I suppose many of us on this forum would also consider carrying a firearm around with us. So far, not really seeing it that way. Maybe I'm just too dumb to be afraid for my life all the time....or don't have the energy for it. Either way, still don't see the call to carry a firearm for protection all the time, there is just nothing that scary in my world that I live in. Lots of jerks and ignorant people for sure, but shooting them wouldn't really help my situation.
And again your reading comprehension skills fall far short of your interpretation skills. I am not now nor ever lived in fear of my life BUT put in a self defense situation I would defend my life by whatever means necessary and in that situation having my mags loaded and right there may give me the time necessary to save my life as opposed to trying to fill them from a box of ammo when needed and losing my life.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:27 PM

Well, I did get the part about defending your life, I suspect most of us would. And our loved ones especially. We just differ I guess on how we view the likelihood of that happening, and what tools to carry for the job.

Don't get me wrong, I've taken many tactical/defensive handgun, carbine, and shotgun courses, because a person with firearms is obligated to know how to use them I feel. And, I just plain enjoy shooting and being proficient. But my best weapon is my brain, and it says packing a mini 14 around is not needed in my life. But I respect the right to carry and defend yourself. There are places in this world where I probably wouldn't go out without being heeled. Just not here.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:03 PM

I don't see where anyone who keeps a gun handy I the truck is any different than one who keeps a fire extinguisher on board.
Might never need it but you will sure will be glad you planned ahead if do.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Banned

TC, did you miss the part that The Spank mentioned that there were a couple of vehicles driving around shooting at houses in Frog Lake and there was a lockdown? I assume that is near where The Spank is living. If it is, do you not think that it is prudent to take some sort of measure to protect yourself and/or your community?

I'm not a vigilante nut nor do I think that The Spank is. What if someone decides to shoot your windshield out and you go off the road? When they turn around to come back to finish you off and you are sitting there with your d*** in your hand with no means to protect yourself? Dramatic, yes, but these type of individuals are not your average people and I wouldn't put anything past them. I certainly wouldn't trust them not to murder me.

Wasn't it last harvest when someone was going around targeting farmers out in the field and the farmers all started to pack rifles/guns in their combines? I honestly don't think that they were over reacting or crazy vigilantes and we're only taking reasonable measures to protect themselves.

I'm not a proponent of carrying a firearm full time but if this was going on in this area I would undoubtedly have my mini 14 readily available in my truck as well. Nothing personal, it only makes sense to me.

Last edited by HunterDave; 10-19-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
TC, did you miss the part that The Spank mentioned that there were a couple of vehicles driving around shooting at houses in Frog Lake and there was a lockdown? I assume that is near where The Spank is living. If it is, do you not think that it is prudent to take some sort of measure to protect yourself and/or your community?

I'm not a vigilante nut nor do I think that The Spank is. What if someone decides to shoot your windshield out and you go off the road? When they turn around to come back to finish you off and you are sitting there with your d*** in your hand with no means to protect yourself? Dramatic, yes, but these type of individuals are not your average people and I wouldn't put anything past them. I certainly wouldn't trust them not to murder me.

Wasn't it last harvest when someone was going around targeting farmers out in the field and the farmers all started to pack rifles/guns in their combines? I honestly don't think that they were over reacting or crazy vigilantes and we're only taking reasonable measures to protect themselves.

I'm not a proponent of carrying a firearm full time but if this was going on in this area I would undoubtedly have my mini 14 readily available in my truck as well. Nothing personal, it only makes sense to me.
We have had a number of these things going on in the Lloyd area the past two years that never seem to make more than local radio news? Stolen truck being chased by RCMP with the guys in the truck opening fire on the cops. At least two vehicle hijackings at gun point in broad daylight and in town, a vehicle posing as an emergency vehicle blowing out a guy’s rear window on his car after he wouldn’t stop for their fake flashing police dash light and luckily able to get away after they turned back to get him after he came to a stop on the shoulder and as you mentioned people (armed) targeting farm vehicles moving along out of the way areas by setting up road blocks......I’d prefer to be ready. As low as I think the odds of an incident are these things are taking place with more regularity.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
We have had a number of these things going on in the Lloyd area the past two years that never seem to make more than local radio news?
This is true you rarely hear about any crime activity in the Lloyd area. I don't know why there's a lot going on with drug dealers and lowlifes stealing vehicles and carrying firearms. You would think CBC would be all over these stories even the Grand Prairie shotgun incident wasn't the news this morning.

http://www.canadapolicereport.ca/201...-traffic-stop/

The outcome of this was not on the news it happened right in Lloyd

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=330681
Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
This is true you rarely hear about any crime activity in the Lloyd area. I don't know why there's a lot going on with drug dealers and lowlifes stealing vehicles and carrying firearms. You would think CBC would be all over these stories even the Grand Prairie shotgun incident wasn't the news this morning.

http://www.canadapolicereport.ca/201...-traffic-stop/

The outcome of this was not on the news it happened right in Lloyd

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=330681
These things should be at the forefront of the news so that responsible citizens such as ourselves can push to ensure the courts carry out maximum sentencing instead of keeping things quiet and setting these scumbags free to re-offend amongst us.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:34 AM

My wife works ems here in bc peace, and if the news reported every violent incident I guarantee those opposed to a truck gun would be shopping asap.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:39 AM

Giving gun owners a bad name is a funny thing to worry about. Liebs hate us having guns, no matter what we do.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Giving gun owners a bad name is a funny thing to worry about. Liebs hate us having guns, no matter what we do.
Agreed 100%....and there is only one reason any gov’t wants it’s citizens unarmed. CONTROL