Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
AvayaAce

Default This is why we live in Alberta

This is a great ad and has a bunch of great pictures and film footage of our great province of Alberta.......

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck
Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Too much mountains and snow related stuff imo. Alberta is more than just that. Needs more prairies/farmland/cattle/oil related stuff. I've honestly never seen anyone dog sledding in AB...lol Other than that not bad. Definately got some pretty pics captured in there.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 PM
AvayaAce

They put the dog sleds in for the US people that think we live in igloos
Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Too much mountains and snow related stuff imo. Alberta is more than just that. Needs more prairies/farmland/cattle/oil related stuff. .
Yes, we are more than that, but it's a tourism video. Not sure scenes of drilling wells and tailings ponds have folks just dying to come here for a vacation.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
They put the dog sleds in for the US people that think we live in igloos
I do!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Yes, we are more than that, but it's a tourism video. Not sure scenes of drilling wells and tailings ponds have folks just dying to come here for a vacation.
Ha, agreed.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:37 PM

I'm not saying go all out and show them Ft. Mac, I'm just sayin a nice peaceful picture of a pump surrounded by a Wheat or Canola field being combined ect... that kind of thing. I've seen it done in other commercials and imo its a good way to bring about positive publicity. People see that not all oil wells are devistating the land ect.. and all that crap they say.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:27 PM

Nice vid. Thx! Although..Calgary was obviously in there, Edmonton, not so much, or I blinked. Usually Travel Alberta has like the Legislative building, or muttart to say we were in Edmonton too.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying go all out and show them Ft. Mac, I'm just sayin a nice peaceful picture of a pump surrounded by a Wheat or Canola field being combined ect... that kind of thing. I've seen it done in other commercials and imo its a good way to bring about positive publicity. People see that not all oil wells are devistating the land ect.. and all that crap they say.
Ya ever seen Ft. McMurray? Lots and lots of nice scenery around, especially if you are an outdoors-person! Got some beauty spots only 150 yards or so from my front door - river, ravine, forest. Seen deer, bears, wolves, coyotes, foxes, lots of birds (not now though - ha, ha, most have gone south), and I'm just up from downtown.

The open pit mines can't even be seen from town, gotta drive a ways north to see them. And the SAGD sites are immersed in forest too.

Try looking on the RMWB website so you can 'see' what your criticizing.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
AvayaAce

LOL......nice going! we are painted again haha
Old 01-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Ya ever seen Ft. McMurray? Lots and lots of nice scenery around, especially if you are an outdoors-person! Got some beauty spots only 150 yards or so from my front door - river, ravine, forest. Seen deer, bears, wolves, coyotes, foxes, lots of birds (not now though - ha, ha, most have gone south), and I'm just up from downtown.

The open pit mines can't even be seen from town, gotta drive a ways north to see them. And the SAGD sites are immersed in forest too.

The Mac is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever had the pleasure to work in. Too bad it was for such a short time. I would go back any day and bring my friends an family with me.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch. You obviously missed my point.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Sorry to get your panties in a bunch. You obviously missed my point.
Maybe. If so I apologize.

But still would like to know why ya insinuate Fort McMurray isn't worth showing?

I'll ask again: ever been here to see for yourself?

Maybe if more of the great stuff there is up here was seen (in media and promo literature) there wouldn't be as much negative stereotyping of the region and it's people who work hard and are making it a good place to live, work and play in
Old 01-09-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:

river..ravine..forest...yup that about sums it up..lol

btw....I lived on Franklin ave for over 8 years so yeah I know what Fort Mac has to offer..
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 AM

Awesome video, couldn't have said it better myself. Next time some family or friends in states ask me how I like Calgary I'll send them that video.

Made by travel alberta, they are going to show what most people come to alberta for. Don't know of many people who vacation at fort mac.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM

Where do I go to see the girls in that movie?

I have been all over Alberta hunting the most elusive game and never have I stumbled across those kind of trophies out in the back country.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
Where do I go to see the girls in that movie?

I have been all over Alberta hunting the most elusive game and never have I stumbled across those kind of trophies out in the back country.
Relax Sneeze. Your chances of getting drawn for them is about as good as for Sheep or Turkeys. And besides, you don't have a big enough caliber to drop one. LOL
Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Banned

Pure tourism, I think its all filmed in 2 locations...

Looks more like B.C. then Alberta, other then a few canola shots and some coulees. It was all Jasper...What about all our mighty rivers? the great grasslands? the remote shield in the north? wood buffalo sand dunes? hoodoos? the mighty peace? beaver ponds of the great wild boreal forests? Kakwa? Willmore history? Wildlife? Cattle Ranches? And much more.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
This is a great ad and has a bunch of great pictures and film footage of our great province of Alberta.......

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck
Great vid..Thxs for sharing
Old 01-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Decent video for sure.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM

I think it was great too, but I'm with Ford on this one lets show all of Alberta. What about all our wild life? We have more then just wild horses. I think it could have been better. Just my 2 cents.