Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Default My night with F&W

As many of you know I had a few issues with the F&W dept recently.
(DEPT NOT THE OFFICERS)
So I thought i should give some praise back. I Was out looking for some coyotes on a permission that I have. Was stopped by F&W tonight on the way out of the field. Checked my licenses and my gun, even thought I was not big game hunting. Did not mind as I had nothing to hide. Nice to see some some officers out in the county as there has been quite a bit of illegal hunting in the past couple of years. Officers were nice and respectful,gave me there card and we all went on our way. This is what I think we need more of.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 AM

It's always good to see the F&W guys getting praise, and you're absolutely right, we really do need to see more of the officers out in the field. It's just too bad there's not nearly enough of them to get the kind of ground coverage we really need out there.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 AM

Yip ......be polite to them and things always work out fine. Be rude and expect to be treated the same way.

GEEZLE: Do you have trouble with your hood looinkg like its gonna come off everytime a semi passes you on the hiway. Found a great fix.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
Yip ......be polite to them and things always work out fine. Be rude and expect to be treated the same way.

GEEZLE: Do you have trouble with your hood looinkg like its gonna come off everytime a semi passes you on the hiway. Found a great fix.
Black zip tie on the hood latches?

I actually have a hood lock on my Jeep, so that keeps it pretty much in place, though on a windy day if a big truck passes me it still shakes a little

edit: Most are good if you're polite to them...but there are the odd one or two that are jerks, though thankfully they seem to be few and far between. This spring I was fishing on the river and was checked out by an F&W officer. He checked my barbs and license, then asked for my driver's license. Went back to his car for a couple minutes, then came back and started giving me a hard time because my signatures between the two weren't exactly the same But I realize that was a one-off deal and I'm definitely not trying to paint them all with the same brush

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Black zip tie on the hood latches?

I actually have a hood lock on my Jeep, so that keeps it pretty much in place, though on a windy day if a big truck passes me it still shakes a little

edit: Most are good if you're polite to them...but there are the odd one or two that are jerks, though thankfully they seem to be few and far between. This spring I was fishing on the river and was checked out by an F&W officer. He checked my barbs and license, then asked for my driver's license. Went back to his car for a couple minutes, then came back and started giving me a hard time because my signatures between the two weren't exactly the same But I realize that was a one-off deal and I'm definitely not trying to paint them all with the same brush
Yip cable ties work great. I always think that the hood is gonna come up and bust my already busted windshield. Anytime I seee a Jeep with a good windhield I figure the vehicle ior the windshield are less than 3 wks old....

Where did you get your hood lock? Have you looked at the new Ruby's.......interior changes, blue tooth, color matched tops, etc.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
Yip cable ties work great. I always think that the hood is gonna come up and bust my already busted windshield. Anytime I seee a Jeep with a good windhield I figure the vehicle ior the windshield are less than 3 wks old....

Where did you get your hood lock? Have you looked at the new Ruby's.......interior changes, blue tooth, color matched tops, etc.
Hahaha my windshield is destroyed. Last time I replaced it it lasted 4 days!

Got the Jeep used, and it came with the hood lock. It's a Mopar part though, so you can get it from the dealership. Haven't taken a close look at the new Rubicons, but I don't care for the color matched tops...just a little too bling-blingin' for me

Sorry for the hijack diamond k

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-02-2010, 09:52 AM

Me too Diamond.......back to topic
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Saw them out again tonight. I wonder if they are looking for something in particular. third time I have seen them in that little area in the past week. seems like a lot of enforcment for one small area. I hope that if there is illegal hunting going on they catch them.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Saw them out again tonight. I wonder if they are looking for something in particular. third time I have seen them in that little area in the past week. seems like a lot of enforcment for one small area. I hope that if there is illegal hunting going on they catch them.
It does kinda sound like they're looking for something/somebody specific if you're seeing them that often in one little area.

What (general) area have you been seeing them in?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM

East of Fort Saskatchewan.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 PM

I try to be courteous and friendly when I get stopped but it seems to me that they are always suspicous of a hunter. It seems that thier motto is "guilty until proven innocent".
Old 11-04-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
East of Fort Saskatchewan.
You never know. I fish the river near The Fort fairly often, and run into the F&W guys from time to time, including one night earlier this week. It's usually the same guys I run in to, but for the life of me I can't remember their names, but they've always been really good with me.

Next time I see them I should ask for a card

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams