Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Banned

I don't know if I believe this fish is 15.75 Brandon cause your fingers aren't 2 inches thick?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK View Post
I don't know if I believe this fish is 15.75 Brandon cause your fingers aren't 2 inches thick?

Then don't believe it.
But don't call someone a liar.
That's not cool.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 PM

Incredible fish. The size of it on the ice scoop holy moly!

Where do you find these locations? Alberta, Idaho, anywhere. I know you mentioned reading angler atlas but for this lake being in Idaho did you just do some general searching for what lakes produced big perch? Or do you have contacts that suggest where to hit up next?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:43 PM

As I said on YouTube, awesome fish and keep the videos coming. I've learned a fair bit from your videos.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 02-28-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrocyte View Post
Incredible fish. The size of it on the ice scoop holy moly!

Where do you find these locations? Alberta, Idaho, anywhere. I know you mentioned reading angler atlas but for this lake being in Idaho did you just do some general searching for what lakes produced big perch? Or do you have contacts that suggest where to hit up next?
Well my secret is self education. I religiously read about ten different fishing forums in Canada and the usa. I watch lots of youtube videos. I read fishing news headlines. I look at instagram photos. I look at Google Earth. I look at ifish reports. ..... i look at a few other things but I'll keep those to myself. I also have a good group of online buddies that discuss fishing and places we would like to go.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 02-28-2016, 10:10 PM

B. ...... those are the biggest Perch I've ever seen in all my year's fishin in Ont, MB, Sask & Ab. ...... just wow!

Congrat's

Old 02-29-2016, 01:50 AM

You sir, are hard core. Hat's off to you.

Thanks for posting.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:07 AM

Very nice fish! I was hoping to try out this same lake sometime this winter but I haven't managed to get the time off yet for such a trip. How thick was the ice? Maybe I'll try next week...

Last edited by Andy44; 02-29-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZa...ature=youtu.be

Bucket List Ice Fishing Adventure to one of the current Jumbo Perch producing lakes in Idaho. I couldn't wait any longer and gathered up the wife and kids, a bunch of Jaw Jackers and drove the 10 hours down to Idaho. This was some of the toughest fishing I've ever done. I was hiking onto the lake and covering about 6 miles a day pulling all my gear to get on and off the ice. Luckily it all came together and I scored my biggest perch ever a 15.75" 2.24 Pound giant. What an amazing day and beautiful place to go fishing. I hope you enjoy the video.
Very nice portfolio!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
Very nice fish! I was hoping to try out this same lake sometime this winter but I haven't managed to get the time off yet for such a trip. How thick was the ice? Maybe I'll try next week...
There wasn't much and from my perspective it was bad ice. I was breaking trough by shore my last day. I just looked at reports yesterday and they said cracks have opened up across the lake that you can fit a pickup truck through and open water in spots. It's the end of the season.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM

Always look forward to your vids Brandon! When will you get your own tv show starting? ?
Seriously nice work though!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZa...ature=youtu.be

Bucket List Ice Fishing Adventure to one of the current Jumbo Perch producing lakes in Idaho. I couldn't wait any longer and gathered up the wife and kids, a bunch of Jaw Jackers and drove the 10 hours down to Idaho. This was some of the toughest fishing I've ever done. I was hiking onto the lake and covering about 6 miles a day pulling all my gear to get on and off the ice. Luckily it all came together and I scored my biggest perch ever a 15.75" 2.24 Pound giant. What an amazing day and beautiful place to go fishing. I hope you enjoy the video.
Great video and thanks for sharing. That's all my twin boys watch these days are videos on monster perch/bluegill out of the US. They want to go south so bad to catch fish like this.

Just curious on how come you had to walk out. Was the ice thin? or illegal to drive on the ice?
Old 02-29-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lund17 View Post
Great video and thanks for sharing. That's all my twin boys watch these days are videos on monster perch/bluegill out of the US. They want to go south so bad to catch fish like this.

Just curious on how come you had to walk out. Was the ice thin? or illegal to drive on the ice?
If it's the same lake we went too last year, second week of February the ice was 9"...the odd sled here and there but most everyone walked on. Fun Lake, lots of big Rainbows too and if I remember correctly your allowed 5 lines per angler!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lund17 View Post

You can use a snowmobile or quad if you want. I don't own one so I walked. No vehicle traffic ever. There was like three to four inches then 1 to 2 inches water then about 4 to 6 inches of ice under that. All white ice. That was as of February 18th. This year is done don't waste your time.

Tags
ice fishing, jumbo perch, jumbos, perch