Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-25-2009, 04:51 PM

Angry Trail Camera Stolen!!

Went to go check the camera today an somebody felt they needed it more than me..., really makes me mad how hard it is to have cameras or stands left out in the bush...had a treestand stolen last year...an now my trail camera.. there was a gut pile 15 feet from where i had my trail camera so im guessin whoever shot that animal there noticed my camera and took it... gonna have to lock everything up now i guess..pretty bad when a guy gotta put locks on everything now..
Old 09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Nationwide

Quote:
there was a gut pile 15 feet from where i had my trail camera so im guessin whoever shot that animal there noticed my camera and took it...
Were you hunting on private land and if so maybe the people that did this didnt have permission .
This could explain why your camra was stolen a gut pile 15 feet from where you had your trail camera or how many people know where you hunt any way you look at it you better buy some locks .
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM

Default sss

going to have to go back to the 3 sss. Shoot Shovel shut up.
nothing more frustrating than people who steel. i feel your pain bro, time to drink up.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Adam-- View Post
Went to go check the camera today an somebody felt they needed it more than me..., really makes me mad how hard it is to have cameras or stands left out in the bush...had a treestand stolen last year...an now my trail camera.. there was a gut pile 15 feet from where i had my trail camera so im guessin whoever shot that animal there noticed my camera and took it... gonna have to lock everything up now i guess..pretty bad when a guy gotta put locks on everything now..
Brutal, to many guys with no respect for property, umm maybe its these same ?@##holes who spoil the sport for the rest of us in so many ways....
Old 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Default Trail Camera Stolen!!

I don't know alot about all the trail cams on the market today but don't you need a password to gain access to them? I only own a busnell trail century, got it at ct on sale and it seems to take good quality pics. I had a stand stolen a while back so I know your pain. I know I've gotta do some sweet talking to my better half when I want something "that I dont really need", kinda give's you a sick feeling and than anger set's in. Sorry for your loss!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:42 AM

I also had a camera stolen last week. It was a Bushnell sentry that needs a passcode to use, so it's virtually useless to anyone. The worst part is that I had some real good bear hitting bait but never got any real good pictures of yet. So if whoever stole it at least have the balls to send me the sd card. I think I might have some family pics. on it. a REAL #### OFF!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned

Guys that steal cameras and stands are scum poor crack heads! Get a job and buy your own gear dirt bag!

I'd love to bust some guy while he's doin' it....then again it might end with me in the "Clink" for putting an arrow through him....
Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM

I dunno whats wrong with some people these days.??
I've been hunting for years and came across many things out in the bush. I may have looked and sometimes I may have touched but that was it.
I've spent a night in a trappers cabin only too wake up the next morning to the owner of sedd cabin makin a pot of coffee.Yes I am a very sound sleeper.
I was worried at first but it turned out too be a wonderful experience as I respected his property and already had a note and an offering on his table for the next morning when i was going too head out.
I guess some people just aren't brought up right ????
If any of you guys have trail cams with a close up of a fat guy with no front teeth smiling for the camera and waving, that was me...LOL
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 PM

It is a awfull feeling.
I had a couple cameras on crown land we were going to hunt.
One was locked in a bear box password protected and a cable locked around a tree. The crook chopped the tree down.
The locals don't like outsiders hunting around "their area".
We spent a week there later and the locals made us feel unwelcome.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM

I've had my tree stand stolen before and I know what your going threw. People that steal your gear are just lazy people who are to lazy to actually work hard and buy their own gear like everybody else.

RATHER BE HUNTING
Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

I thought all the cameras came with locks? I will know now when i go to buy my cameras to grab locks and cases for them.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:15 PM

I think I am going to invent one that releases pepper spray when its tampered with...surprize how you like them apples
Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 PM

Be nice too set one up with the same die they use at banks for the money die packs, easy too see who done it if you happen too come across them in the bush???
Old 09-29-2009, 06:01 AM

I know how you feel. I had one stolen last year and it sucks.

I thought I had an understanding with my neighbour that we hunt each other property UNTIL...

I happen to see footprints coming from his to mine one day and took a walk back tracking the footprints. I came across a trail cam over looking a wallow the elk were using. I politely smiled and waved to his cam as it triggered and took my pic mmmmmm I guess his true colours and feeling came out, a week later he fenced the property line and put up a sign No Hunting No Trespassing.

To this day I stay off of his and he stays off of mine ( I think ) except when his cattle don't comply to our terms and I have to call him to remove them.

Going to be interesting in the next couple of days I will be asking permission to video this huge bear that I seen on his oat field getting shot by a friend

Take a kid hunting and see some great smiles
Old 11-14-2010, 05:55 PM

we just had one stolen out of 318 this weekend, im thinking about putting out a bear trap beside the tree.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Banned

There has to be a better way in dealing with this situation.

It is amazing how much this sort of stuff going on within our forum.

If you go to some of the U.S. hunting forums the same thing is happening big time.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 PM

yes its getting bad out there in the last two years we have lost a ground blind,tree stand,and a trail cam
Old 11-14-2010, 07:54 PM

****ty luck ... I can relate. I feel for yah.

Mine are always locked up now ... even on private land. At least that will deter some folks
Old 11-14-2010, 08:03 PM

Had a guy that checked my trail cam(forgot to erase pictures that it caught of him) a couple of times this summer and fall which was bad enough but he didn't set it back up properly after his viewing and I missed what I'm sure would have been some pretty neat pictures of what I suspect was a dear making a mess out of the camera. Kinda makes a guy made.