Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2024, 09:08 PM

How in God's name did this turn into a non resident hunting tag discussion, you guy's can't hold your focus for 10 minutes, geezz Louise get a grip

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
How in God's name did this turn into a non resident hunting tag discussion, you guy's can't hold your focus for 10 minutes, geezz Louise get a grip
Post #21
Old 03-01-2024, 09:12 PM

Back to the original post …… I’d also like to see bicycles pay for the construction and maintenance of bike lanes. Here in Canmore, our bike lanes are already cleared from this latest snowfall, but our residential street is not plowed at all - for the entire winter! Our town even subsidizes studded winter bike tires!
Old 03-01-2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Back to the original post …… I’d also like to see bicycles pay for the construction and maintenance of bike lanes. Here in Canmore, our bike lanes are already cleared from this latest snowfall, but our residential street is not plowed at all - for the entire winter! Our town even subsidizes studded winter bike tires!
Absolutely bikes should have to pay to use bike lanes, it costs a lot of cash to build and maintain bike lanes, so why shouldn't the users pay? As for the snow being cleared on bike lanes first, that is no
surprise at all , seeing as it is Canmore.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
My though is bikes should be registered and insured like any other vehicle that uses a public road.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-01-2024, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Post #21
It was actually post 13
Old 03-01-2024, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
It was actually post 13
Where is non resident hunting mentioned in post 13?
Old 03-01-2024, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Where is non resident hunting mentioned in post 13?
Oh I am so sorry. It wasn't about hunting it was an unprovoked rant against my family, friends and heritage. Please accept my apologies.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Oh I am so sorry. It wasn't about hunting it was an unprovoked rant against my family, friends and heritage. Please accept my apologies.
I don't see you, your family, your friends or your heritage specifically mentioned in #13. I just see non residents that are working in Alberta and paying their taxes to another province mentioned. Several provinces were listed, both to the east, and to the west.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I don't see you, your family, your friends or your heritage specifically mentioned in #13. I just see non residents that are working in Alberta and paying their taxes to another province mentioned. Several provinces were listed, both to the east, and to the west.
Enough of your mindless contradiction.

"Last week I E Mailed Finance Minister Nate Horner about the idea of Non Residents earning Income in Alberta, but paying Provincial Income Tax to their Home Province (think 21 days in, and fly out to Nova Scotia for your 10 days out, AND SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY IN NOVA SCOTIA)."

This is a direct attack against the people of NS complete with CAP LOCKS whether you can comprehend it or not.

Yes, he did go on to insult other people from other provinces that come here to contribute to our economy by producing oil revenue while providing for themselves and their families.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the original post.

Now get your last word in and leave it at that.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:12 PM

Why are there nonresident Canadians working in Alberta? Pretty sure the answer to that question will sort out all the concerns in regard to what’s fair and what’s not.

As for the EV tax, nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:34 AM

I was born and raised in Fort MCMURRAY. Worked in the oilsands since I was 16 as a rap student. I can tell you a vast majority of the construction work force was from the east coast. They had project labour agreements specifically made up to allow free flights to the east coast. Everyone on the projects lost double time so the non alberta workers could get a flight. Also drove down our wages as when things got slow same guys would jump to another company and work for less. If you take such offense it must hit a soft spot.
How would you like to hear of east coast people talk @#$ about your home province and your town for 20 plus years...then the same people would brag about hunting on the weekend with there cousins. I know damn well they were using resident liscence as I reported more than a few of them. But Carry on as the big bad Alberta people always make the east coast the victims. I'd love to see a head tax on out of province workers....20 percent of there gross wages would be a good start
As for ev tax it should be 1k a car.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:54 AM

The point is, that if you use our roads, you should contribute to building and maintaining them, so if you don't pay a fuel tax, you should pay an alternate fee to drive an EV. And if you work in our province, you should either live here, or pay an income tax of some sort to Alberta, to support our infrastructure. In our present situation, we could really use the tax revenue, to build hospitals, schools etc, to accomodate the increased population, so why shouldn't people that make their primary revenue in Alberta contribute?
Old 03-02-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
And if all vehicles were EVs, and there was no tax from the sale of gasoline, where would they make up the tax shortfall?
They will get you at source, just like fuel tax, dollars to donuts, tax will be applied to electric utility bills to replace funds on gas tax to cover infrastructure spend/maintenance.

Workong with some of the largest utilities across Canada, EV and resultant infrastructure is not on the table yet.

Last edited by outofbounds; 03-02-2024 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:59 AM

how about instead of charging EV's a tax, why dont they just permanently cut the fuel tax?

arent we all about lowering taxes on this forum?
Old 03-02-2024, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofbounds View Post
They will get you at source, just like fuel tax, dollars to donuts, tax will be applied to electric utility bills to replace funds on gas tax to cover infrastructure spend/mIntenance.

Workong with some of largest utilities across Canada, EV and resultant infrastructure is not on the table yet.
Exactly, everyone will pay more, even if we don't have an EV, driving the cost of electricity even higher, when some people are having trouble paying the bill now. So once again, the citizens will get stuck paying for the woke green agenda.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
how about instead of charging EV's a tax, why dont they just permanently cut the fuel tax?

We should ban ev's in Alberta altogether , they are filthy to produce and hard to get rid off . Plus the insurance savings would be good once everyones rates go up because ev's keep torching garages.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
We should ban ev's in Alberta altogether , they are filthy to produce and hard to get rid off . Plus the insurance savings would be good once everyones rates go up because ev's keep torching garages.
Interesting enough, insurance companies have already started to increase the EV policies to adjust for repairs and incidents.

The extra registration charge is a good start, regardless of vehicle, we should all pay our share.

Oh and bad bad easterners.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Well since we are on the topic of people using Public Resources paying their fair share...

Last week I E Mailed Finance Minister Nate Horner about the idea of Non Residents earning Income in Alberta, but paying Provincial Income Tax to their Home Province (think 21 days in, and fly out to Nova Scotia for your 10 days out, AND SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY IN NOVA SCOTIA).

I have sent Letters to Premier Ed Stelmach, Premier Rachel Notley, Premier Kenny, Premier Danielle Smith and many many MLA's, to complete silence from our Government.

Imagine what out Heritage Fund would look like if all the "come from away's" had paid SOME taxes earned on Alberta Resources like oil and gas, forestry, etc TO ALBERTA, instead of BC, PEI, Newfoundland, QUEBEC, Noval Scotia....

But sure, $200 on EV's is a small start.

Now lets play for some real marbles.

Mine Truck Drivers pulling in $180,000 K paying 4% to Alberta would bring in $7,200 a year to Alberta. Now imagine 20 years of such a tax would be $144,000. Now imagine that tax impact on the 40,000 estimated out of Province workers earning income in Alberta.

But I digress.

In all these years, even when I know that PC / Reform / UCP Organizers were aware of this tax proposal, Out of Province Workers have given Alberta Nothing.

If any of you are friends with Nate and Danielle, maybe tell them to wake up and make us some real money.

Drewski
Tons of foreign workers from Philippines, Africa working in meat processing plants in high river and brooks. Large part of each paycheck goes home.
That's sometimes why people who make good money are all living with other workers so they can save money to send back.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post

Let's go on offensive and hit them where it hurts. Not only tax EV but let's go after all the stuff they love. Create a Alberta dope smoking license. Make them have to pay for a provincial dope smoking license in order for them to buy or posses drugs. Make it a expensive pain like our PAL .
Tax and regulate sparkles and whatever else they love and maybe more of them would move away
Old 03-02-2024, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Let's go on offensive and hit them where it hurts. Not only tax EV but let's go after all the stuff they love. Create a Alberta dope smoking license. Make them have to pay for a provincial dope smoking license in order for them to buy or posses drugs. Make it a expensive pain like our PAL .
Tax and regulate sparkles and whatever else they love and maybe more of them would move away
my little brother was dying of cancer and cannabis was the only thing holding him together, he had to have a 500 dollar license to use and possess it, , then it went to a prescription after he passed, which had to be renewed every 3 months. even the doctor said it was BS no other prescription needed to be renewed in person every 3 months. so they did charge for the "privilege," I didnt realize Ken was back in the forum, go take your man made crap for what ails you and enjoy. dont trip over that roach on your way out. ignorance isnt always bliss dude

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-02-2024, 08:58 AM

MK2750,

The Tax on EV's, is in reply to a CARBON TAX policy of the Federal Government being rammed down Albertan's throat.

Nova Scotia and the Maritimes supports the Federal Government Cabon Tax Policies and environmental policies that are not supported in Alberta.

The EV Tax is a recognition of the cost that the rest of Albertans bear in maintaining the roads so others who do not pay through Fuel Taxes, pay their fair share for Alberta's Road Maintenance.

The proposed Income Tax Levy on Out of Province Workers earning income with no Tax paid in Alberta, is in recognition of the cost that the rest of Albertans bear in maintaining ALL the Infrastructure and Economy which the Out of Province Workers benefit from.

The Out of Province Worker Income Tax would ensure that Out of Province Workers pay their fair share to maintain ALL the infrastructure and Economy of Alberta. When the last dollar is earned in Alberta on our resource industries, will Eastern Canada care one bit about the wellbeing of Albertans? No. And their Governments will still howl for transfer payments that should be funded by Alberta.

Your allegiance to the people who come to Alberta and take away so much is crystal clear. You even tolerate out of province hunters coming here to compete with Albertans for our wildlife resources. No wonder you take such offence when Eastern Canadian Policies are challenged by Albertans who are tired of being abused.

Why not put Alberta first for a change? It has obviously given you so much over the last 40 years.

Drewski
Old 03-02-2024, 09:02 AM

Um yeah this threads like a herd of cats with ADHD
Old 03-02-2024, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Tons of foreign workers from Philippines, Africa working in meat processing plants in high river and brooks. Large part of each paycheck goes home.
That's sometimes why people who make good money are all living with other workers so they can save money to send back.
It always amazes me, these people are at the lower end of the pay scale and manage to send money to their family, but we have people born here who can't make ends meet.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-02-2024, 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=MK2750;4705993]They are probably ignoring you because your idea is ridiculous. Since I moved here from Nova Scotia 40 years ago, I have met exactly 0 people that commute back and forth to NS on their days off..[/QUOTE

I’ve been on my current site for about 3 weeks, and chatted well enough with about 40 people to know where they go every days off.

3 go to Newfoundland / Nova Scotia
2 go to Ontario
1 goes to Quebec
And a handful to BC
Old 03-02-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Um yeah this threads like a herd of cats with ADHD

Herding Cats.jpg

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:48 AM

Overseas Filipino workers in Canada sent back 1.17 billion between 2014 and 2022. In just 2021 from all countries where they worked they sent back 31 billion. Wouldn't it be nice if we sent out workers and got that much back, lol, I'm sure Quebec wouldn't mind.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
my little brother was dying of cancer and cannabis was the only thing holding him together, he had to have a 500 dollar license to use and possess it, , then it went to a prescription after he passed, which had to be renewed every 3 months. even the doctor said it was BS no other prescription needed to be renewed in person every 3 months. so they did charge for the "privilege," I didnt realize Ken was back in the forum, go take your man made crap for what ails you and enjoy. dont trip over that roach on your way out. ignorance isnt always bliss dude
See I hear these arguments but I know quite a bit about pain. I asked family doctor and he says way better options available.
I actually went into a cannabis store and started asking medical questions because supposedly that's what the stuff is for and the guy working there knew nothing and seemed surprised that I was ever asking about medical pain killing benefits.

And also my original post was kind of a joke
Old 03-02-2024, 09:59 AM

About other Canadians working here and spending money back east. There are also tons of eastern guys guys who have sold off what they had back east and invested it in Alberta in form of houses and businesses.
Alberta companies and even towns advertise for foreign workers to fill jobs that locals dont want.
Lots of Albertans work out of province mining or even guiding sheep hunters in British Columbia and then come home and spend their money.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Overseas Filipino workers in Canada sent back 1.17 billion between 2014 and 2022. In just 2021 from all countries where they worked they sent back 31 billion. Wouldn't it be nice if we sent out workers and got that much back, lol, I'm sure Quebec wouldn't mind.
The difference between Overseas workers and Quebecers is like chalk and cyanide.

The Phillipinos are actually paying Income Tax to Alberta, and Canada. Then there is their contribution to CPP and EI, which they will not collect unless they become Citizens. (Temporary Foreign Workers must have a job to maintain their visa status). The Phillipinos are hare hard working, respectful, grateful, and honest.

Then there are the Quebec workers in Alberta, not paying any provincial income tax to Alberta while using Alberta's economy and infrastructure to make BIG Bank, taking all the benefits from Alberta, and smiling when we identify that Quebec's Provinical Government supports the Federal Policies that are destroying Alberta's economy. Some people may say that they are DISrespectful, UNgrateful, and DIShonest because all they are interested in is stripping the wealth out of Alberta and returning home to support a Government that bashes Alberta.

Kind of like a steady dose of cyanide.

Drewski