Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
I cant be 100% sure,
That's right. You CAN'T BE 100% SURE. Keep your speculation to yourself in that case. Leave the rumour mongering to the teenage girls.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Gone Hunting

Nice looking fish, it is nice to tie into some bigger species.

save a tree kill a beaver
Chuck Norris can bump fire a bolt action
"A predators heart knows no remorse. It lives for the hunt, a natural force."
Old 05-27-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I know where he was as I had the misfortune of finding the bigger of the bull trout dead later that evening. I cant be 100% sure, but anybody who knows of spots around Calgary with big bull trout can basically pin it down to one spot that is open right now.

Now I have to ask, was it worth it to kill a big bull trout to brag to people you dont know on here? Clearly you wont be framing that picture as it looks like crap.

Anyways, take care...of the next fish you release.
I am assuming you can back up your bs with pics. Show us all the photo of the dead bull trout. If you can't - stop preaching and give the guy gredit. Nice fish.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep View Post
There is a "0" catch limit on bulls, right? I'd say this fella looks like he did not swim away.....
you are allowed to catch 1000 a day if you like, same with sturgeon, but there is a zero keep limit. big difference.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-27-2010, 03:49 PM

To the whiner who claims he saw the fish, where was it? PM me and we will see if you are right. I do not believe it at all. The fish was fine.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:15 PM

Bet he is trying to get you all riled up....need pictures Hunter49
Old 05-27-2010, 04:31 PM

Ohh the humanity........
I never thought i would see drama on a fishing forum LOL..... i thought we were all super calm beer drinkers that were working on thier casts and sharpening hooks while the kids mow the lawn no one more stable than a guy who can wake up at 5am to go sit in silence for the next 12 hrs waiting for some action on a dead lake alone (something like a monk) and yet there you have it.......

Awesome fish bro, cant wait to hit the trout myself
Old 05-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Ohh the humanity........
I never thought i would see drama on a fishing forum LOL..... i thought we were all super calm beer drinkers that were working on thier casts and sharpening hooks while the kids mow the lawn no one more stable than a guy who can wake up at 5am to go sit in silence for the next 12 hrs waiting for some action on a dead lake alone (something like a monk) and yet there you have it.......

Awesome fish bro, cant wait to hit the trout myself
Oh dude, wait til you have been around the forum for a while, drama-a-plenty!!!! keeps it from getting too boring tho.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Holy Jasen, that is an incredible fish!!!!
I am hoping to get my first bull this year. will have to try and get out more first, but its still mushroom season lol

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Oh dude, wait til you have been around the forum for a while, drama-a-plenty!!!! keeps it from getting too boring tho.
The pics of those fish were enough drama for me...... tackle box is on the kitchen table as i type lol
Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 PM

Nice catch!! Tooooootally jealous here. Never caught a bull before or any trout for that matter that was too big for the net! Keep it up!
Cheers n GL
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 PM

Nice fish Jacen!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:52 PM

I heard from a reliable source that SRD is considering lifting the zero limit on bulls and implicating a "tag system" for certain bull trout fisheries in alberta within the next few years.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I know where he was as I had the misfortune of finding the bigger of the bull trout dead later that evening. I cant be 100% sure, but anybody who knows of spots around Calgary with big bull trout can basically pin it down to one spot that is open right now.

Now I have to ask, was it worth it to kill a big bull trout to brag to people you dont know on here? Clearly you wont be framing that picture as it looks like crap.

I was there after you left. You really should have picked up the garbage you left behind.

Anyways, the trout was still alive, just playing possum. She swam away laughing at you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
Holy Jasen, that is an incredible fish!!!!
I am hoping to get my first bull this year. will have to try and get out more first, but its still mushroom season lol
Dude, you do both at the same time.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 PM

How come you needed to take it onto shore to get the hook out? Why didn't you just leave it in the shallow water like where it is in some of the pictures?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 PM
hunter49

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
I was there after you left. You really should have picked up the garbage you left behind.

Anyways, the trout was still alive, just playing possum. She swam away laughing at you!
First you dont know where he was fishing, next you were fishing the same spot? multi personalities?

If the fish was playing possum, it sure didnt look be having much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
How come you needed to take it onto shore to get the hook out? Why didn't you just leave it in the shallow water like where it is in some of the pictures?
Thats what I'm wondering too, I guess the answer is he needed to show all of his buddies on the internet forum how much of a hero he was. As I stated before the photo clearly isnt good, the fish is covered in dirt and rocks.

P.S. Why on earth would I take a picture of a dead fish?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 PM
hunter49

double post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 PM

Nice catch congrats on a great fish, dude screw the neh Sayers. If I caught a fish like that I would totally want to take pictures to put up on the forum and for the memories!!! And yes I would do it Bragg to all my buddies!! So your c & r tactics may not have been 100% it can be overwhelming some times when you hook a trophy fish. These same jerks giving you a hard time would probably give you crap for running over a gopher.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Nice catch congrats on a great fish, dude screw the neh Sayers. If I caught a fish like that I would totally want to take pictures to put up on the forum and for the memories!!! And yes I would do it Bragg to all my buddies!! So your c & r tactics may not have been 100% it can be overwhelming some times when you hook a trophy fish. These same jerks giving you a hard time would probably give you crap for running over a gopher.

nope...kill all the pests you like....but try not to hurt a fish you intend to release please!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Ishootbambi, I doubt he tried to kill the fish.... He even said it was a bad place to bring it in, and he tried to do it best he could given his gear at the time. It ended up being a not so good release and he knows that, and im sure he is looking into buying a net or something, but It seems as a lot of people are jumping down his throat even though it was unintentional error
Old 05-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyechaser View Post
Ishootbambi, I doubt he tried to kill the fish.... He even said it was a bad place to bring it in, and he tried to do it best he could given his gear at the time. It ended up being a not so good release and he knows that, and im sure he is looking into buying a net or something, but It seems as a lot of people are jumping down his throat even though it was unintentional error
i dont think he tried to kill it...and i edited the word kill to hurt...which is also what i dont believe he was aiming for. im sure we have all done something at one time or another that could harm a fish we were releasing. it happens, and i didnt mean to sound holier than thou. i think most posters pointing out the fish laying on the rocks feel the same. i doubt he did it intentionally and i reckon he got the message to try to be more careful.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM

agreed 100%
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 AM

If this fish died shortly after being released, it would not be from the loss of slime. Out of the water too long, hooked in the gills? All fishing imposes a possible mortallity of fish that are hooked. take precautions and be as gentle and quick as you can when releasing any fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post

im sure we have all done something at one time or another that could harm a fish we were releasing. it happens, and i didnt mean to sound holier than thou. i think most posters pointing out the fish laying on the rocks feel the same. i doubt he did it intentionally and i reckon he got the message to try to be more careful.
Thanks Ishootbambi, saved me some typing.

Practice and experience make us all better at our passions. Unfortunately, in Alberta it is pretty rare for any of us to catch a trout or char of this size in a river, where we are unlikely to have a net of sufficient size.

Thanks to steelheading in BC, I've been fortunate to learn how to land larger trout from rivers and streams w/o a net. With trout over 6 lbs, an angler can step into the water if possible, then grab the fish by the 'wrist' of the tail securely and safely. If you plan on taking pictures when you are fishing alone, have your camera readily accessable.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
If this fish died shortly after being released, it would not be from the loss of slime. Out of the water too long, hooked in the gills? All fishing imposes a possible mortallity of fish that are hooked. take precautions and be as gentle and quick as you can when releasing any fish.

Thanks Ishootbambi, saved me some typing.

Practice and experience make us all better at our passions. Unfortunately, in Alberta it is pretty rare for any of us to catch a trout or char of this size in a river, where we are unlikely to have a net of sufficient size.

Thanks to steelheading in BC, I've been fortunate to learn how to land larger trout from rivers and streams w/o a net. With trout over 6 lbs, an angler can step into the water if possible, then grab the fish by the 'wrist' of the tail securely and safely. If you plan on taking pictures when you are fishing alone, have your camera readily accessable.
Great posts dale and dale both right on the money. I land 100+ bulls every year and a lindy gglove is a must for them so you can handle the properly with out hurting them.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 AM

None of mine go back...but they aren't bulls ...

Great post, love the pics,..keep at it !!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Fishingnutter

Quote:

I don't think jace goes fishin to brag to us,, and i'm not sure we're really strangers anymore due jaces' sincere expression within his posts and his grand luck as of late.

Last year at Davis Bay, B.C,,, a young guy shows up with a flyrod, a few conversations here & there with us locals and we discover that flyfishing intrigued him so much that he recently took lessons and was about to flyfish and fish for the first time in his life,, we all gave him tips and SPACE as his casting was a tad wide at times. He was the first to catch,, an 8lb pink on 4lb leader, took him all over the place to many cheers. As he's unhooking it, this fellow walks up to him and starts really going verbal on the way he's handling the fish and then demands he release it immediately. Good on the young guy for telling buddy to go blankety blank himself as he was planning on eating the first fish he caught. The funny thing about this particular fellow, he's the type of fisherman who upon noticing that you're catching fish comes over and starts casting right beside. creepers.

I guess you guys are out there.

Real Nice fish jace, cheers!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingnutter View Post
I don't think jace goes fishin to brag to us,, and i'm not sure we're really strangers anymore due jaces' sincere expression within his posts and his grand luck as of late.

Last year at Davis Bay, B.C,,, a young guy shows up with a flyrod, a few conversations here & there with us locals and we discover that flyfishing intrigued him so much that he recently took lessons and was about to flyfish and fish for the first time in his life,, we all gave him tips and SPACE as his casting was a tad wide at times. He was the first to catch,, an 8lb pink on 4lb leader, took him all over the place to many cheers. As he's unhooking it, this fellow walks up to him and starts really going verbal on the way he's handling the fish and then demands he release it immediately. Good on the young guy for telling buddy to go blankety blank himself as he was planning on eating the first fish he caught. The funny thing about this particular fellow, he's the type of fisherman who upon noticing that you're catching fish comes over and starts casting right beside. creepers.

I guess you guys are out there.

Real Nice fish jace, cheers!!!!
Couldn't agree more. I have a question for Hunter - why do you fish at all? If you are really as concerned about releasing fish as you state, you shouldn't even try to catch them. If you mortally hook a fish in the gills (we have all done this) you are actually killing a fish intentionally. You tried to catch it and now you killed it. Personally, all the preachers should put away their rods and buy underwater cameras and move off to another forum. PM the guy if you think you have some advice on a release (constructive advice), otherwise - the public flogging you and your buddies have done is uncalled for. People like you are ruining the forum.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
If you are really as concerned about releasing fish as you state, you shouldn't even try to catch them. If you mortally hook a fish in the gills (we have all done this) you are actually killing a fish intentionally. You tried to catch it and now you killed it. Personally, all the preachers should put away their rods and buy underwater cameras and move off to another forum. PM the guy if you think you have some advice on a release (constructive advice), otherwise - the public flogging you and your buddies have done is uncalled for. People like you are ruining the forum.
X2

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 AM

x3 could not have said it better
Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
nope...kill all the pests you like....but try not to hurt a fish you intend to release please!
Just a little FYI you aren,t so stellar at conservation yourself. Are you aware that small rodents that you call "pests" are part of the natural food chain so you sir by your own words shoud basically be flogged like the kind sir that caught the very nice fish. I don't intentionally kill any animals I don't intend to eat. I believe if you kill it you eat it .... unless the law says u cant eat it in which case its a damn shame the trout died but I garantee EVERY angler on this forum has killed AT LEAST one fish by accident. So get off your high hosre and try giving your own farts a sniff yes sir they infact do not smell like roses as you would have us believe but they smell like POOP. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". and you sir are not without sin so do us all a favor and keep your negative feedback to yourself.