Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Banned

Default Mikisew Trips

Anybody out there that has just come back from a Mikisew trip this year?

Just wondering how things went organization wise-getting in and out on time etc.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Just got back on the 7th. Left on the morning of the 2nd and was on the water 11am. No complaints on timing with planes and scheduling. My third year going and haven't had a problem yet. They spent some money this year on upgrades for the camps and boats which was nice. The new boats seats are great!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 PM

Which lake did you go to?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:01 PM

Colin lake
Old 06-22-2014, 11:03 PM

I'm told that the pilot who likes to show up early on the groups, doesn't fly for them anymore. He showed up at 7 am (5 hrs early) on us last year.
Beauty laker at Colin. My best outta there is just shy of 13lbs. They've been fixing up some of the camps as they set up this year....
I'm headed into Wylie for the 1st time on the 3rd. Haven't seen that 1 yet, I be hit S.Charles, Cornwall, & Colin a few times. Can't wait.....
Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 PM

My lovely wife Liz and I will be making what will be her 7th and my 10th consecutive Mikisew trip in August to our special place, Ryan Lake. As always we can't wait, and have a hard time believing that we could have the place to ourselves for a month if we wanted, as apparently no one else is even booked in. Oh well, I guess we'll have to settle for 8 or 9 days.

Time for more of this, where you almost feel guilty, making the only ripples on the entire lake,

which can only lead to more of these,

which turn into these.

Why people aren't lined up to be there is beyond us.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:55 PM

Yup, no idea why they're not busier. They're cheaper the a lot of outfits!! I've been into Colin the last 3 years & loved it every time!!! We've had the odd trip Hic-cup but Tim's always come thru for us. Counting down til the 3rd for a new lake to check out ..... hardly pumped at all!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:41 AM

I have to agree. I'm taking my dad and my 11 year old son on his first fly-in to my favourite spot Loutit Lake next year. It's pure solitude up there. So peaceful and quiet. You have no choice but to lose touch with reality. The only disturbance you may see is a jet flying 40,000 feet in the sky. It's not for everybody but I'd rather do this than go on a 10 star trip to Mexico!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Been to Barrow and Ryan and have had nothing short of a great fishing trip. Highly recomended.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:04 PM

My friends just got back from Mclelland yesterday and said the trip went well , the only thing he mentioned that he was the last group leaving that morning and didn't leaving for the lake till 11am . I think he was at the airport for 7am.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 06-29-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
My friends just got back from Mclelland yesterday and said the trip went well , the only thing he mentioned that he was the last group leaving that morning and didn't leaving for the lake till 11am . I think he was at the airport for 7am.
Correction , they never left ft Mac till 12pm and never got fishing till for, lost half day fishing because of this.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 PM

Just got back from 6 days at Wiley! It was great!! Cabin's roof & interior were re-done this spring. Looks great! Had a bit of trouble finding the bigger jacks... Only 7-8 over 10 lbs but the lakers weren't an issue to find & catch. There are def. a lot of rocks to watch out for but we never had any issues. Even made it into No Name lake thru the creek to fish for a day. The solar panels worked great for the fridge & had a great time while at the camp. Got in & out of camp on earlier flights which was easier since we drove from Leduc. We did have to watch for the weather as we were chased off the water daily by the storms. Can't wait to go again!!!