Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Default Cold Lake summer fishing

Hi,

We are planning on going fishing to Cold lake this summer (for a week) and I was wondering what is the good time (so I can book my vacation) for lakers there? What bay (English, French or ...) and if there are cabins or something that we can rent to stay in?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

P.S. we do c&r fishing

M
Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 PM

1st couple of weeks after the ice is gone, this year, maybe in June sometime the way things are going up here!!!Last few years, May long, almost all the ice has been gone except for a few odd pieces here and there.The lakers hit in 15-25 ft of water and hit hard, big spoons or herring rigs work well.The only accomidations I know are at the Provicial park or the MD of Bonnyville campground.I dont think there are any cabins around here except the ones out at Marie Lake.The military has cabins on the north side of the lake but are, I believe military use only, not too sure though.No need for down riggers 1st part of the season, dipsys or pink ladies will do and hang on if the bite is on.Fantastic fishing 1st couple of weeks after ice off.Follow the hords of boats if in doubt, anywhere around Garnet will get you fish "IF" the bite is on.Hope this helps..Expect all kinds of hungry small ones, this has been the norm the last 6 years anyway, please respect the fish and know the regs for Cold Lake
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM

Default thank you

Thank you very, very, very much