Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-23-2020, 10:29 AM

Default geese

i went geese hunting a couple of years ago,ive not been since.
i would like to go out again,this time on my own while im on my days off.
im still a novice at it.
anyway,im looking for somewhere to go thats around lethbridge,that i can take a drive out and see if anything is happening
thanks in advance
Old 09-23-2020, 02:16 PM

If you don't feel much like asking for landowner permission, I'd recommend referencing the ACA website. It looks like there's quite a few ACA/DUC sites that allow hunting near Lethbridge. You might not find many geese depending on where they're flying but you'll probably at least find some ducks.

http://www.albertadiscoverguide.com/....cfm?mode=grid

You could also download their App, which we found pretty helpful when looking for spots.

http://www.albertadiscoverguide.com/iPhoneApp.cfm

ACA site locations are also shown in the Ihunter app, but for some reason Ihunter does not show the Ducks Unlimited sites, so I'd suggest referencing the ACA app or website while your scouting for your spots.

Good luck.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:34 PM

thank you
Old 09-23-2020, 04:05 PM

Use a map and find a bigish body of water, or an area that has a lot of water bodies. Drive out there and be there at say 6;30 AM or 5 PM. Stay close to the water body and use your bino's and ears to track the geese to where they land and are happily feeding.

Use your newly acquired Landowner map, go and talk to those folks that own the land, get permission (written is best) and give them your already printed identification and your cell number and when you are likely to execute the hunt.

Go and watch a few more feeding cycles. Confirm all is OK with your permission and timing, and no other folks that are watching them and have permission for the field etc. Execute your "fool them to land say 25 m from your blind / hide etc."

Report back here would be great!