Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=BIGBADJOHN;269848]What a class act Why bash the good . The guy and his , business partner and there group do there all , get prizes donations, etc , They want to give there Maximum donation to MAKE A WISH .
I had to read this three times to understand please read before you hit post.

I don' t really think its up to you to stir the pot and get everyone worked up over something you can't even control. Its there choice of a foundation to support , and its great there guys like Rumtan who do so . In my opinion this post is nothing other then a bash session.

I dont think its stirring the pot and yes he can control it by not supporting it. If infact they are antihunting supporting it doesnt make much sense to me.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
DAMN MIKE I was just posting that LOL . I highly Doubt Rob or The albertaoutdoorsmen group would have not done some reasearch before allowing it to be posted .

BBJ.. I would guess the Make a wish stance was just over looked. Or becouse there was no KNOWN second choice and the foundation of Wish is solid they decided to support them.

Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 PM

http://catchadream.org/

Another organization trying to make wishes come true in the outdoors......
Old 02-20-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Sorry John.. Its not about that. And I take exception to your words.
It was just a suggestion that perhaps next time consider a charity group that is more to our tastes.

Your DEAD wrong on this one JOHNIN AB.

I have thanked him already, I have said a few times that it was a nice thought and he deserved some acolades. I just dont 100% aggree with his charity of choice. I am sure he had no idea that Make a Wish was a Anti hunter set up. SO perhaps next year if he choses to do something simalar he can make a more informed choice.
And if that happens to be Make a wish.. SO be it. Its still a good idea.

Jamie
''A charity group that is more to our tastes'' Jamie speak for yourself, from what I have read you seem to be the only one that has a problem with this, maybe you should take sometime off the forum and start your own crusade for kids charities then you can sit back, pat yourself on the back
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLYBILLYBARRY View Post
You know i see a couple of guys that are helping kids who may not live long or may have problems and cant do lots. But donateing money to make a wish and seting up things to make moeny to donate and all you pple have to do is fight about it. I think its a dam great idea what there doing and i support what they to and hope thats there more things coming up soon. And remeber they do all this in there own free time to help out charrity. So to all you ppl out there who have nothing good to say about the idea can go blow horse dong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BBJ'S RITE ITS ABOUT THE KIDS IF NOTHING ELSE.
And what about the kids who want to go hunting.. Or in the future the kids that want to go fishing?
BTW I have said plenty good about what was done here. (Edited so I dont sink to his level)

Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 03:07 PM

Jamie, you state that by posting this Rumtan can make a more informed decision on which charity he supports next year. It is his choice what charity he supports and the reason he supports this one is a damn fine reason.

I guess supporting Rumtan so kids can get out and go fishing is wrong beacuse that is not classified as an outdoors type activity. Well guess I have been wrong my whole life to assume, getting out and catching some fish is an outdoors activity.

Does the fact that Rob graciously posted this event on his website make Rob and AO anti hunting? I seriously doubt it. I would assume Rob posted it as he recognized a good event that was helping out a worthwhile charity and did not let the politics get in the way of trying to help out sick kids. I tip my hat to Rob for that.

And oh contrare Jamie, I know exactly what you are saying and quite frankly, I do not appreciate it at all. To even question someones choice of a charity without knowing why is downright ignorant and uncalled for. It speaks highly of your character or lack thereof! And to be quite frank, I hope Rumtan forwards this thread onto the president of the Make a Wish foundation here in Alberta, who by the way was at the derby, as your thread title is libelous and they should seek legal recourse against you.

Last edited by JohninAB; 02-20-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
BBJ.. I would guess the Make a wish stance was just over looked. Or becouse there was no KNOWN second choice and the foundation of Wish is solid they decided to support them.

Jamie
OK whatever , but still you don't know the real reason why Rumtan and Rumwal adventures to go with Make A wish , maybe if you found out you'd change your thinking . I know its really close to there hearts as is myself and a few others . Its great that there's all sorts of these foundations to help sick kids with there dream's. I think this is what we need to support instead of bashing the petty stuff. He simply used his fishing derby to support the foundation ........

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 02-20-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
''A charity group that is more to our tastes'' Jamie speak for yourself, from what I have read you seem to be the only one that has a problem with this, maybe you should take sometime off the forum and start your own crusade for kids charities then you can sit back, pat yourself on the back
Your right.. It was a poor choice of words.
I guess I only speak for myself when I say I want kids to be able to do what they chose and not be forced to Bow down to the ANTIS.

Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
OK whatever , but still you don't know the real reason why Rumtan and Rumwal adventures decided against Make A wish , maybe if you found out you'd change your thinking . I know its really close to there hearts as is myself and a few others . Its great that there's all sorts of these foundations to help sick kids with there dream's. I think this is what we need to support instead of bashing the petty stuff. He simply used his fishing derby to support the foundation ........
Im confused I thought they supported Make a Wish?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
im confused i thought they supported make a wish?
they did i clearly was agrivated at the time of my post and slipped up , ive since edited it .
Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
OK whatever , but still you don't know the real reason why Rumtan and Rumwal adventures decided against Make A wish , maybe if you found out you'd change your thinking . I know its really close to there hearts as is myself and a few others . Its great that there's all sorts of these foundations to help sick kids with there dream's. I think this is what we need to support instead of bashing the petty stuff. He simply used his fishing derby to support the foundation ........
Fair enough BBJ I am sure Rum had his reasons and of them none can possibly be bad. I am 100% positive this was done with the best of intentions. I dont need to know the details of why he picked them as his choice.
I just dont like the fact they exclude kids from enjoying the great outdoors.
I am so glad that there is charitys that specialize in this aspect of a kids life. Its unfortuante that it is that way, but what else can be done. Imagine the power of a united charity system that catered to all kids..

Jamie

Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM

The money raised at this derby goes to stock trout in their pond where they take the kids thru the make a wish foundation fishing. Now in my mind that is a very noble gesture and well worth supporting! Ask Rumtan of the work they have done at this pond so all kids can enjoy it. Like the walkways out to the islands that accomodate wheelchairs etc.

One of the group putting this derby on, his son was granted a wish thru the make a wish foundation. It brought some joy to the child and family in a very tough time and they decided to help out the foundation as best they could. One way was running a derby to raise funds to stock a pond so the kids thru the make a wish foundation could come out and enjoy a day of fishing. Now it absolutely blows me away that members on this forum could come on here and even question Rumtan's decision or those of us who went out to support him in this endeavour. If my dollars can make a memorable day for a sick kid and his family then I am all for it.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:20 PM

Jamie, charities that exclude kids from the great outdoors? Are you serious? What part of out fishing is not the great outdoors? Please let me know cause I am totally lost here.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Jamie, you state that by posting this Rumtan can make a more informed decision on which charity he supports next year. It is his choice what charity he supports and the reason he supports this one is a damn fine reason.

I guess supporting Rumtan so kids can get out and go fishing is wrong beacuse that is not classified as an outdoors type activity. Well guess I have been wrong my whole life to assume, getting out and catching some fish is an outdoors activity.

Does the fact that Rob graciously posted this event on his website make Rob and AO anti hunting? I seriously doubt it. I would assume Rob posted it as he recognized a good event that was helping out a worthwhile charity and did not let the politics get in the way of trying to help out sick kids. I tip my hat to Rob for that.

And oh contrare Jamie, I know exactly what you are saying and quite frankly, I do not appreciate it at all. To even question someones choice of a charity without knowing why is downright ignorant and uncalled for. It speaks highly of your character or lack thereof! And to be quite frank, I hope Rumtan forwards this thread onto the president of the Make a Wish foundation here in Alberta, who by the way was at the derby, as your thread title is libelous and they should seek legal recourse against you.

john.. Have you gone off your Meds??

Go ahead.. forward it.. Hell man I will even write you a personal letter stating the EXACT same thing. And I will continue to repeat EXACTLY what I have said until the day that MAKE A WISH decides that kids who want to hunt will be afforded the same opportunity through MWF as the kid who wants to go to Disney Land.

Its not worth getting into this with you. You don’t seem to have the ability between your ears to comprehend what I am saying.

Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Boy oh Boy are some of you guys SLOW..

Its not about bashing Rumatan. Its not even about Bashing his choice..

Answer this question.. IF Make a wish bans fishing trips for sick kids, are you still going to be there to support them with such tenacity?

If so.. Good for you. I made a business choice to support those that support what I do.

It's not like Make a wish is going to fold up becouse I made this choice. Its more like I feel better supporting a group who supports kids in the outdoors.

JohninAB. Make a wish purposfully made a decsion that I dont agree with. And you as a outdoorsman should understand that. I applaude what they are trying to do, but I dont aggree with the stance they have taken.

From a personal stand point if I have a choice between Make a wish and Hunt of a life time.. I will pick Hunt of a lifetime each and EVERY TIME.
Especially if I was throwing a Outdoor type event.

This is a OUTDOORSMEN board. Support the Kids who want to be Outdoors.

Jamie
NOW YOU BROUGHT ME INTO THIS>>>>.....Boy oh Boy are some of you guysSLOW

WTF? honestly I'm not going to waste arguing with someone who has such a lack of respect period.

You know with my nephew having Downsyndrome, I myself being an active Member of The EDSS (Edmonton down syndrome society) i am sick of ignorant *****s who call others slow. its a plain insult to call others slow... one of my best friends made a comment about the fact that "oh your nephew has downs" so he is slow right.... after 15 years of friendship I gave him the boot...

Jaime honestly you are just digging yourself a hole here....

do your self a favour SHUT THE FRONT DOOR..... walk away close your mouth
back the **** off.

you are ****ing me off and I have had enough....

YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND WHEN THE ANVIL COMES DOWN!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post

WTF? honestly I'm not going to waste arguing with someone who has such a lack of respect period.

You know with my nephew having Downsyndrome, I myself being an active Member of The EDSS (Edmonton down syndrome society) i am sick of ignorant *****s who call others slow. its a plain insult to call others slow... one of my best friends made a comment about the fact that "oh your nephew has downs" so he is slow right.... after 15 years of friendship I gave him the boot...

back the **** off.

Who or what are you going down on?

All seriousness I think its great Rumtan puts the effort in to help out sick kids and hopefully the money raised will bring joy to a youngster.
But if a charity, business or any orginization is an ANTI I personally wont support it.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:33 PM

its a figure of speech.... seeing how no one takes this forum seriously why should I?.....lol

Five-o ever watch old looney tunes cartoons? Just think about that!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:34 PM

Jamie, I would like to point out it is quite obviously you who has no comprehension of what you are saying or trying to do here.

1) Make a libelous statement that Make a Wish is anti hunting. Better look hard for some backing documentation on that one in case a lawyer contacts you about it.

2) Trying to tell Rumtan that by posting this drivel you have posted here will help him make a more informed decision on which charity he chooses to support. As if that is any business of yours.

3) Make a statement about my mental faculties? Childish and boorish at best.

4) To ask in this forum if I have gone off my meds, like what is that? Other than a weak desperate attempt to try and discredit me.

I have dealt with all sorts in my profession and quite frankly, they weak attempts on my character displayed here are of no consequence to me.

Last edited by JohninAB; 02-20-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:

back the **** off.

Oh Boy.. Slow is now PC term that is unaceptable..

Anivil perhaps you could post up a list of words that are acceptable to you.
I will make sure to use them.

And then to top it off, I didnt use it in the sense you did. I dont think of the responders to this thread as Mentally Challenged. They are just not getting what I am trying to say.
Dont put words in my mouth.
And I really dont care if you have "HAD ENOUGH" dont read the thread if you cant stand some honest observations about MWF.
There is no hole to be dug. MWF did that when they decided to BAN HUNTING in there program. Just you wait it will not be to long and they will BAN FISHING.. Your next my little sunglass wearing friend.

jamie

Jamie
Old 02-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Oh Boy.. Slow is now PC term that is unaceptable..

Anivil perhaps you could post up a list of words that are acceptable to you.
I will make sure to use them.

And then to top it off, I didnt use it in the sense you did. I dont think of the responders to this thread as Mentally Challenged. They are just not getting what I am trying to say.
And I really dont care if you have "HAD ENOUGH" dont read the thread if you cant stand some honest observations about MWF.
There is no hole to be dug. MWF did that when they decided to BAN HUNTING in there program. Just you wait it will not be to long and they will BAN FISHING.. Your next my little sunglass wearing friend.

jamie

Jamie

Jaime,

You are a waste of time pal, you really are.
I'm next?..... in what regards there?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I dont think of the responders to this thread as Mentally Challenged. They are just not getting what I am trying to say.

jamie

Jamie

I dunno there Jamie............. you just attacked JohninAB and said and i quote

Quote:
Its not worth getting into this with you. You don’t seem to have the ability between your ears to comprehend what I am saying.

Jamie

LMAO
Old 02-20-2009, 03:46 PM

Five-O, that is the whole point of this discussion. Make a Wish is not anti hunting. They had to make a business decision not to allow hunting to retain so desperately needed funding from an anti hunting organization to ensure they could still grant those wishes of sick kids in other areas, be it fishing, disneyland etc. It would be a tough choice but one has to realize that to continue on helping the kids they had to do what they had to do. It would have made no sense to cut off their noses to spite their face! It is after all about the kids! We on this board who attended Rumtan's derby went for the kids and what Rumtan was raising money for, and that was to stock the pond with fish so once again these sick kids and their families could come out thru the Make a Wish foundation and enjoy their time together outdoors catching fish. It is really sad when politics gets in the way of a noble venture.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:00 PM

maybe just for a distraction from the Lynching of Rumtan for chosing such an evil charity............

How about those Indians?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:

back the **** off.

Are you seriously and publicly calling people with Downs "slow"? I didn't see Jamie make any such connection. You have made the connection. No one in this discussion made any comments about people with Downs or alluded to them in any fashion. I wouldn't associate Downs with "slowness" to understand a point someone is trying to put across (which is how Jamie used the word "slow"), but apparently you do. Strange.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
maybe just for a distraction from the Lynching of Rumtan for chosing such an evil charity............

How about those Indians?

lol
Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:

How about those Indians?

Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:

How about those Indians?

lol: Oh yeah probably there the ones to blame :rolleye: Or not
Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Aren't we forgetting something....

ah there.......The Kitchen Sink!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Quote:
lol: Oh yeah probably there the ones to blame:rolleye:

oh yeah for sure.. i hear yeah BBJ..... all that hunting done with Licenses and tags is depleting the game and as such us Indians now have to hunt at night with our 10 million candle power lights using infrared scopes and jacked up diesel four by fours and man, buying all this technology is really starting to eat into our treaty monies! LOL

that should be enough distraction

Old 02-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Are you seriously and publicly calling people with Downs "slow"? I didn't see Jamie make any such connection. You have made the connection. No one in this discussion made any comments about people with Downs or alluded to them in any fashion. I wouldn't associate Downs with "slowness" to understand a point someone is trying to put across (which is how Jamie used the word "slow"), but apparently you do. Strange.

Are you serious??? did you read... I AM AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE EDSS and the CDSS.....

You guys are fuking joking right???.. I'm not going to waste my breathe on you all any more.... I am not publicly stating anything discriminating nor associating what you claim. If you want to have a kitchen sink fight **** off and go elsewhere.... You can try to drag me into this but honestly I know where I stand, and losers like you can say all you want.

Sorry but Kindergarten and high school was years ago, some of you need to grow up!

Its sad that so many of you have this amount of time on your hands that you can act like a bunch of school kids fight over who gets to be king of the hill.... the more some of you try to state your case the more foolish you all look.
If I look foolish then so be It, I'll end it right now. But come on you guys this is ridiculous

Does anyone agree that this is just a waste of bandwith?

Last edited by The Anvil; 02-20-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Closed Thread