Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 11:00 PM

Default New Fair shotgun

My new 20 gauge FAIR shotgun arrived,and after careful examination,I would give it a fair to good rating.Overall,the metal to metal fit,and wood to metal fit seems good,but there is a defect in the wood,and both the front and mid bead are off center of the rib.The mid bead is to the left of center,and the front bead is to the right of center,so lining them up,puts your aim off center.The metal finish is very good,and the wood finish is good.The recoil pad is too hard,and not shaped all that great.Compared to my Citori,the fit,and finish is not as good,and the recoil pad is inferior,but the off center beads clearly put the FAIR a grade below the Citori.On the plus side,the fair balances better,and has a better shaped fore end.It really is a shame that FAIR did not take more time with the beads,and install a better recoil pad,because the gun really does swing good and balance well.I will shoot the FAIR this weekend,and then I will likely keep the shotgun that I shoot best,and sell the other one.