Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2020, 07:55 AM

Default SNC Given Contract By Ottawa

The corruption continues.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/sn...rSURsytRReEGGw
Old 01-27-2020, 07:58 AM

Because consequences mean nothing in this world anymore, especially here in Canada. And even more so when that the biggest culprit is our current government.

The corruption just gives Trudeau name more air time. even bad air time is still air time it seems. How popularity grows.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:06 AM

No one, and I mean absolutely no one, should be surprised. As a matter of fact, it seems that there are a certain percentage of Canadians that condone this type of thing.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:10 AM

SNC is one of the biggest supporters and contributors to the federal liberals so why would anyone be surprised by this ????? the liberals run a dictatorship from ottawa, they did for the first 4 years in power and then ?? remember the people of canada elected them AGAIN

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:20 AM

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:51 AM

Someone should be fired, obviously those tests that SNC failed were not properly rigged in their favor.....
Old 01-27-2020, 09:12 AM

The article states that their bid was chosen because it was cheaper... Of course it was cheaper, it didn't include 33% of what was required.

And once the project finishes it will be way over the budgets of the bids that did included everything.

But nobody will remember that at the time and the scam will just keep happening.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
The article states that their bid was chosen because it was cheaper... Of course it was cheaper, it didn't include 33% of what was required.

And once the project finishes it will be way over the budgets of the bids that did included everything.

But nobody will remember that at the time and the scam will just keep happening.
You nailed it.. there is a ton of corruption in just the bidding process, let alone all the big dollars that get put in a briefcase to hand out like candy to the upper echelon of deceit, corrupt, lying bunch of politicians !
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 01-27-2020, 10:41 AM

But Justin just said it was Harper fault
Old 01-27-2020, 10:50 AM

AHHHHHHHHH Make it stop.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:14 AM

And the firms that weren't successful will no doubt sue, costing us more, as someone who didn't meet the qualifications was awarded the project.

I'm also disappointed by the various engineering association in Canada. A company that pleads guilty to fraud clearly does not meet the Code of Ethics of Engineers and should not be able to practice engineering in the country.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:22 AM

It is the City of Ottawa not the federal government that we are talking about here. That said, how you get awarded a contract after failing all four technical categories is beyond me.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:36 AM

BTW, this is news from November.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ules-1.5373476

edit... make that March

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...lrt2-1.5064746

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:39 AM

The Canada Pension Plan owns 2.11% of SNC
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM

Is there anyway that we can impeach the entire Canadian government?

BW
Old 01-27-2020, 02:02 PM

Just in case you want to puke...
Look into the purchase of three 20 year old ice breaking anchor handling tug supply vessels by the Canadian Coast Guard from Swedish company Viking Supply
Open market value 45-60m USD
Purchased by Davie Ship CAD330m
Sold to the CCG 852m
Viking shareholders were delighted
Share price went from SEK 22 to SEK 187 overnight to SEK 214.50 a month later when the Swedes actually realised they had hooked the big one

Quote from "Seeking Alpha"
Prior to the Canadian deal, Viking was just a $27mm market cap company with only 21% floating. The stock's traded volume was only ~$10k a day and the free float was owned by retail investors or made up of tiny positions for institutions. The stock was/is so inefficient that it 'only' rose 13% in the remaining trading on the Friday afternoon of Aug. 10 after Viking issued a press release announcing the sale. The stock then opened up 'only' 42% on Monday, Aug. 13, before rising throughout the day to finish up 291%. Recent stock action suggests that many investors are choosing to take profits after a 715% gain.

Last edited by Sundog57; 01-27-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:39 PM

As was posted a while ago when all the turmoil and bull crap and coverup came out someone noted that when it gets kinda swept under the carpet, per say, SNC would come out smelling like a rose and be granted with another contract. The carpet barely got lifted and guess what. Voila, merci suckers. Corruption and scandalism is alive and thrive. We new it would happen. Wonder who will get the bonus for this contract? Oh ya us...….bend over cause they gonna bonus
Old 01-27-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
We new it would happen. Wonder who will get the bonus for this contract? Oh ya us...….bend over cause they gonna bonus
Thank you for making me spit my drink on my keyboard!
Old 01-27-2020, 06:01 PM

But they had to save the jobs.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:38 AM

Cheaper on the contract but wait for the Cost Plus/Change orders to start flowing in then see the total screwing Canada is getting again from the these guys.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Is there anyway that we can impeach the entire Canadian government?

BW
For a contract decision made by a municipality? Or do you believe that the federal government is in charge of the bid process for a city LRT line?
Old 01-30-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
For a contract decision made by a municipality? Or do you believe that the federal government is in charge of the bid process for a city LRT line?
Then again, do you honestly believe that the federal government and the PM, had zero influence on a contract in our capital?
Old 01-30-2020, 10:09 AM

I need to correct you on this, No the Canadian people did not vote Trudeau in. Eastern Canada voted him in as that side of the Country holds the most seats. If you look at the numbers the Conservative candidate won the popular vote, or got the most votes. Because of how our system if flawed in favour of the East they decide the election. Every person in Western Canada (Manitoba to BC ) could vote and the East still decides who wins. Until that is fixed we will end up in this mess every time.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twig View Post
I need to correct you on this, No the Canadian people did not vote Trudeau in. Eastern Canada voted him in as that side of the Country holds the most seats. If you look at the numbers the Conservative candidate won the popular vote, or got the most votes. Because of how our system if flawed in favour of the East they decide the election. Every person in Western Canada (Manitoba to BC ) could vote and the East still decides who wins. Until that is fixed we will end up in this mess every time.
If there was a fix that was available to us westerners, what would that be? How can we change anything, I’m not jumping down your throat by any means here.. just curious as to what can we do. I’ve been wondering this for a long time now and everybody I talk to say it’s not worth the hassle involved that’s why no fix... me on the other hand agree with you and think it’s time to find a fix..separating is the first thing that I think of.. yet that is not the way as it would turn out bad for everyone I think.. so any other ways?
Curious
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 01-30-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
If there was a fix that was available to us westerners, what would that be? How can we change anything, I’m not jumping down your throat by any means here.. just curious as to what can we do. I’ve been wondering this for a long time now and everybody I talk to say it’s not worth the hassle involved that’s why no fix... me on the other hand agree with you and think it’s time to find a fix..separating is the first thing that I think of.. yet that is not the way as it would turn out bad for everyone I think.. so any other ways?
Curious
Zip
A sort of separation. Like qeeebec is pulling. The road is paved, we just have to get moving down it. All out new country would definitely present some big problems. Become the 51 st state is also a possibility. Not my first choice, but I think it sure would catch some attention in Ottawa!
Old 01-30-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
And the firms that weren't successful will no doubt sue, costing us more, as someone who didn't meet the qualifications was awarded the project.

I'm also disappointed by the various engineering association in Canada. A company that pleads guilty to fraud clearly does not meet the Code of Ethics of Engineers and should not be able to practice engineering in the country.
Liberal Patronage 2020.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-30-2020, 01:18 PM

Kennedy put a man on the moon.
Trudeau put a man in the women’s washroom.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:05 PM

Did you guys even read the article?

It was a decision made by the CITY of Ottawa.

Screw it, go back to sleep.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
Did you guys even read the article?

It was a decision made by the CITY of Ottawa.

Screw it, go back to sleep.
Well we all know that about 75% or more of the funding for that project will come from the fed's, anyone that thinks for one minute that the feds didn't have some input and guidance into the decision to choose SNC doesn't need to go back to sleep..... they need to wake up.

You know the input and guidance and advise that JT and his band of merry men tried to bestow upon Judy Wilson Raybould a couple years ago regarding prosecution of SNC ????

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.