Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit Snarer View Post
You are such a wise man Torkdiesel - you should talk to CNN, I don't know Botswana from Ethiopia?.The conversation about reducing the age of consent for pedophiles does seem appropriate for you, is it on your mind? Why not just stagger back to your bunk and let the rig lulllll you to sleeeep. Good night.
If you don't know Botswana from Ethiopia then perhaps you shouldn't quote something you know nothing about, just because you thought it bolstered your opinion. It makes you look stupid.
The comment (it wasn't a conversation) about pedophiles was the only subject of equal ignorance I could think of to point out your utter cluelessness.
As for asking if reducing the age of consent is on my mind, well now your just a facking weirdo.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Guys put Rabbit on Iggy please! He has had a lot of anti comments in the trapping section as well in past times. He is either a troll or an anti hunter. I haven't ever seen much posted from him of worth. Stop feeding the guy it isn't worth it.
As for the rhino I think if the animal was going to get put down anyways as it was a problem animal then at least this way they made some money from it. Hopefully it gets into the right hands and is used to protect the species. I know when I was there they had a 2 man team of armed guards 27-7 guarding a momma and her baby. I believe they were paid $5 a day each. $350K could protect a lot of rhinos if this is the case!!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:31 PM

Minimum wage in South Africa is $7 a day, Zim is roughly $100 or so a month. Not sure what Namibia is but likely it's not too far off.
Like Nube said at these prices that $350K will pay for a lot of anti poaching details.

If I knew how to use the ignore function I would have used it a long time ago for RS
Old 05-26-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
If you don't know Botswana from Ethiopia then perhaps you shouldn't quote something you know nothing about, just because you thought it bolstered your opinion. It makes you look stupid.
The comment (it wasn't a conversation) about pedophiles was the only subject of equal ignorance I could think of to point out your utter cluelessness.
As for asking if reducing the age of consent is on my mind, well now your just a facking weirdo.
This person isn't interested in fact , figures or anything else Tork, if it doesn't fall into HIS idea of something that is "right" it must be wrong.
He is not worth responding to .
Cat
Old 05-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
This person isn't interested in fact , figures or anything else Tork, if it doesn't fall into HIS idea of something that is "right" it must be wrong.
He is not worth responding to .
Cat
I agree Cat, I'm done wasting my time debating with whatever he calls himself these days.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
If I knew how to use the ignore function I would have used it a long time ago for RS
along the top bar you'll see "User CP" click that

go down the list on the left to settings & options and select "Edit Ignore List"

type "Rabbit Snarer" into the space given and click "okay"

i just did
Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 PM

I'd still like to know who he is away from the keyboard, nice to know who the trouble makers are in your area
Old 05-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Banned

Just for Nube, Torkdiesel, and Cat. I have no idea why the comments from the CNN reporter who was on site upset you so much, why are you shooting the messenger? If you can ignore or delete my posts please do so, obviously we don't share the same values and i don't see where anybody gains anything from the "discussion". I happily accept you vigorously disagree with me and am very grateful i can say the same in return.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:59 PM

I did it

Thanks for the help folks
Old 05-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I did it

Thanks for the help folks
Quote:
This message is hidden because Rabbit Snarer is on your ignore list.
it's nice isn't it
Old 05-26-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Just for Nube, Torkdiesel, and Cat. I have no idea why the comments from the CNN reporter who was on site upset you so much, why are you shooting the messenger? If you can ignore or delete my posts please do so, obviously we don't share the same values and i don't see where anybody gains anything from the "discussion". I happily accept you vigorously disagree with me and am very grateful i can say the same in return.
Probably because sending the Rino to Botswana is a feel good measure for the anti's. As has been stated, poaching is rampant there. This hunt raised a lot of money for the protection of Rino's which in turn will save Rino's.

What would the benefits of sending the Rino to Botswana be besides spending a bunch of money on a animal that is past its prime and will more than likely be poached? It's not like this Rino is going to breed. What is your solution to the Rino?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
it's nice isn't it
It's amazing that someone like that can have such a high opinion of themselves while at the same time posting condescending remarks about other members questioning their hunting ethics and their morals in general, then somehow figure we have issues with CNN?
Cat
Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Probably because sending the Rino to Botswana is a feel good measure for the anti's. As has been stated, poaching is rampant there. This hunt raised a lot of money for the protection of Rino's which in turn will save Rino's.

What would the benefits of sending the Rino to Botswana be besides spending a bunch of money on a animal that is past its prime and will more than likely be poached? It's not like this Rino is going to breed. What is your solution to the Rino?
As I said I don't know Botswana from Ethiopia or black rhinos from pink ones! My only comment was I didn't think shooting that animal conformed to my idea of hunting - that's all. In fact it was a "cull" of an undesirable animal. We likewise sell a bighorn sheep to the highest bidder here in Alberta with the proceeds going to conservation or government and I don't consider that as a legitimate "hunt". That's my values and my opinion, others likely feel differently. If it makes any difference I have two sheep on the wall.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
As I said I don't know Botswana from Ethiopia or black rhinos from pink ones! My only comment was I didn't think shooting that animal conformed to my idea of hunting - that's all. In fact it was a "cull" of an undesirable animal. We likewise sell a bighorn sheep to the highest bidder here in Alberta with the proceeds going to conservation or government and I don't consider that as a legitimate "hunt". That's my values and my opinion, others likely feel differently. If it makes any difference I have two sheep on the wall.
Everybody's idea of a hunt is different. We will never change that and nor should we.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
We are all entitled to voice our opinions, and yours would be more valid if you had any first hand knowledge of hunting Africa, and if you didn't come off as a sanctimonious ASS! The sad part is, it is people like you who will be the demise of hunting here in North America. You the so called sportsman with 2 sheep on his wall, who likes to spout his opinion and push his values off on an unassuming public, PETA is gonna send you a Christmas card buddy! There are people all over the world who hunt different than we do, they hunt for different reasons and for different species. If they are participating in government sanctioned legal hunts, then all the power to them. If they have the means to hunt in exotic places for long periods of time, Bravo and good luck I say. I don't always agree with how others hunt, but if it is by legal means, I support their right to do so. Think about that before you start spewing what comes off as anti hunting rhetoric.

Leo Morawski
Old 05-27-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
We are all entitled to voice our opinions, and yours would be more valid if you had any first hand knowledge of hunting Africa, and if you didn't come off as a sanctimonious ASS! The sad part is, it is people like you who will be the demise of hunting here in North America. You the so called sportsman with 2 sheep on his wall, who likes to spout his opinion and push his values off on an unassuming public, PETA is gonna send you a Christmas card buddy! There are people all over the world who hunt different than we do, they hunt for different reasons and for different species. If they are participating in government sanctioned legal hunts, then all the power to them. If they have the means to hunt in exotic places for long periods of time, Bravo and good luck I say. I don't always agree with how others hunt, but if it is by legal means, I support their right to do so. Think about that before you start spewing what comes off as anti hunting rhetoric.

Leo Morawski
This sums it up nicely.....close the thread

LC
Old 05-27-2015, 08:38 AM

Wow I can't believe that this thread wasn't locked up already. It was a good read for a few posts then downhill it went.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckwa View Post
Wow I can't believe that this thread wasn't locked up already. It was a good read for a few posts then downhill it went.
Thanks for your contribution 👍
Old 05-27-2015, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Cat: sorry if i confused you, i never thought for a second you liked me which is perfectly fine with me.

I did read an article from a CNN reporter that was on site during the "rhino hunt". Some comments he made.

They abandoned the original hunt because Knowlton felt it was too dangerous and drove to a second area where they found the rhino which was there already dead.

When they returned to the first [dangerous] area they found the animal and fired 4 shots at it from 30-40 feet. It ran off and they left it for one half to one hour. They followed up and upon finding it again "the final shots were fired". The meat was delivered to a nearby village which was ecstatic.

A Botswana government official said the rhino should have been relocated to where it was not a threat and would have contributed to tourism and education. He also stated Knowlton was not welcome in Botswana.

Knowlton is called the son of a multi millionaire who spends his life "hunting" around the world and setting up hunts for others.

You be the judge.
Please post the link to that article.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM

Still like to see why this isn't a "hunt". That's just dumb.

Keep dividing us up man. That's awesome. You are the only true hunter amongst us.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Banned

Been out hunting all day for a change. I very much support Leo's "right to hunt legally" but in this case for me it is more accurate to call it a cull like the elk at Suffield.

Trying to pass off culls and the buying of animals plus fenced "hunts" is terribly damaging to hunting's image - in my opinion.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
No, not complaining at all, just don't like to see an execution referred to as hunting. For those who do consider it a "hunt" for a "black rhino" on 22,000 km that's fine with me, everyone's idea of hunting is different.
So on one hand u criticize someone for "hunting" the rhino then you say that everyone's idea of hunting is different.....is it just me or is that confusing

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 05-27-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Obviously your not a hunter or ever hunted sheep in your entire life. We cannot expect you to understand unless you have spend a night under the stars with a sheep tag in your pocket. Go back to what ever rock you crawled out from.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesneights View Post
Obviously your not a hunter or ever hunted sheep in your entire life. We cannot expect you to understand unless you have spend a night under the stars with a sheep tag in your pocket. Go back to what ever rock you crawled out from.
It seems to be the flavor of the day to call me a liar. Just to spice things up a bit, would you be receptive to having it clarified as to weather I'm a hunter?, weather I've hunted sheep? and to weather or not I have two rams [which I shot] on the wall?

I'd be happy going public on the forum or by PM, whichever your preference?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1797 View Post
So on one hand u criticize someone for "hunting" the rhino then you say that everyone's idea of hunting is different.....is it just me or is that confusing
Don't be confused! My opinions on hunting are mine and I don't expect you or anyone else to understand them just as I don't understand the opinions of many on this board. We are all free to criticize and I'm sure you can see I receive my share of it.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:13 PM

Ummmm banned huh