Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Banned

Default Conservatives Leading in Polls - March 24, 2017

Conservatives Inch Ahead Conservative Majority Seen

Toronto - March 24th

In a random sampling of public opinion taken by The Forum Poll™ amongst 1029 Canadian voters, the Conservatives have closed the gap, and are now just ahead of the Liberals by two points.

Amongst decided and leaning voters, Liberal support has decreased by three points, from 39% on February 26th to 36% now. Conservative are up three points, from 35% on February 26th to 38% now. It is worth noting that September 2015 was the last time we recorded a Conservative lead over the Liberals (September 29, 2015: 34%, and 27% respectively). New Democrat and Green support has remained steady at 15% and 4% respectively (February 26th: NDP 15%, Green Party 4%), while the BQ see a one point decrease to 6% (February 26th: 7%).

In British Columbia the Liberals (35%) are well ahead of the Conservatives (29%), who themselves are statistically tied with the New Democrats (28%).

In the Atlantic region, the Liberals (48%) have seen a decrease in support, losing eleven points (February 26th: 59%). The Conservatives (32%) are up two points (February 26th: 30%).

In Québec, both the Liberals (40%) and Conservatives (20%) are slightly up since February (February 26th: 38%, and 17% respectively). The BQ (22%) is down five points (February 26th: 27%).

In Ontario, the Liberals (38%) fall behind the Conservatives (45%) by seven points (February 26th: 42%, and 39% respectively). The NDP (12%) is down four points (February 26th: 16%).

In the prairies, the Conservatives (48%) are up six points, while the Liberals (19%) are down by ten (February 26th: 42%, and 29% respectively). The NDP (20%) is down by five points (February 26th: 25%).

Conservative Majority Seen

If an election were held today, the Conservatives would win 170 seats, the Liberals 128, the NDP 26, the BQ 13, and 1 for the Green.

“Canadians are not happy with the Liberal budget. The budget is so unpopular in fact, that we're seeing the leaderless Conservatives gain an edge in popularity for the first time since 2015,” said Dr. Lorne Bozinoff, President of Forum Research.

Read more at: http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2...es-inch-ahead/
Old 03-25-2017, 12:56 PM

Thumbs up

I don't give much credence to mid-term polls, but this is a good sign.

The Conservatives will show even better after they have chosen their new leader - hopefully Bernier.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 PM

This means nothing.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:58 PM

At least, we are not the only ones seeing the folie in Justin's ways. You can't take polls to the bank but does tell us he not as popular as he was.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
This means nothing.
X2, lot can happen in the next couple of years and the Conservatives better get their act together, including a credible leader.

Grizz
Old 03-25-2017, 04:36 PM

IMO, it is real important for Bernier to win. We need a Frenchman with substance to go up against daddy's firstborn twit.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:05 PM

Two Words that have killed Trudeau's chances of getting re-elected... Carbon Tax. If Bernier wins the Conservative leadership I expect a landslide Conservative victory in 2019.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:38 PM

Leading with no leader. Looking good. Harper should have passed torch before election. Conservatives would be in power.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Banned

I await the results of the 2 by-elections in Calgary April 3rd for the seats vacated by Harper/Kenny.The Liberals say the have a chance of winning them and IMO it is a snowballs chance in hell LOL.

From the governance so far under prime minister selfie Canadians are getting riled and justifiably so.Lots of government debt with no tangible results.

FTH
Old 03-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Two Words that have killed Trudeau's chances of getting re-elected... Carbon Tax. If Bernier wins the Conservative leadership I expect a landslide Conservative victory in 2019.
Trouble is, Liberal spending commitments will require an incoming government to keep the carbon tax, at least in the short term, to help pay the bills. Recall Chretien's promise to cancel the GST?
Old 03-25-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gill View Post
Trouble is, Liberal spending commitments will require an incoming government to keep the carbon tax, at least in the short term, to help pay the bills. Recall Chretien's promise to cancel the GST?
Carbon tax isn't going to the federal government. The feds just dictated that the provinces all need to have one. Also think a lot of people are upset about our immigration policies and how Trudeau is handling the situation with regards to refugees from the States.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Carbon tax isn't going to the federal government. The feds just dictated that the provinces all need to have one. Also think a lot of people are upset about our immigration policies and how Trudeau is handling the situation with regards to refugees from the States.

Just a point to remember, those aren't refugees from the US. They were until they gained asylum in the US, but now when they come to Canada they're just illegals. Never forget that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Banned

It doesn't matter to me if the poll is meaningless or not, it's good for my morale.

I'll be voting for Maxim Bernier as well. The others in the running have too much baggage (ie. Leitch and O'Leary). He's the best hope for ousting Junior.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:27 AM

Default Maxime

I'm wondering if Maximes fiasco with the girlfriend and government documents he left in her presence will have a draw back on his chances, don't get me wrong he is my choice and I believe because he is french he would do the best in Quebec
Old 03-26-2017, 10:07 PM

Th Conservatives are coming on strong without a leader??? LOL Huge drop for the liberals in Ontario. I think that has less to do with federal politics than it does with Wynn's absolute destruction of the Liberal brand provincially. Provincial leaders on the left, liberal and NDP, are making the federal conservatives look very very good.

Couple more years and people are going to wish Harper was back.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Th Conservatives are coming on strong without a leader??? LOL Huge drop for the liberals in Ontario. I think that has less to do with federal politics than it does with Wynn's absolute destruction of the Liberal brand provincially. Provincial leaders on the left, liberal and NDP, are making the federal conservatives look very very good.

Yup, and the Carbon Tax hasn't been implemented in any of the Atlantic provinces yet. Give it time, people have to come to terms with how badly they screwed up by voting for Justin. I think many are still at the denial stage....lol.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

I wished Harper was back a year and a half ago.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Why did the Feds dictate a C tax?
Could it be because gst is charged on a C tax??

Ya, ya I'm guessing that's why..

Do the math

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 03-27-2017, 02:07 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
X2, lot can happen in the next couple of years and the Conservatives better get their act together, including a credible leader.

Grizz

A Tory , is a Tory , is a Tory ,all crooks no matter who the leader is
Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Why did the Feds dictate a C tax?
Could it be because gst is charged on a C tax??

Ya, ya I'm guessing that's why..

Do the math
Ha, I never even thought about that. Oh yeah Justin will have plenty to spend on taxpayer funded vacations......lol.

The Carbon Tax is supposed to be revenue neutral but I recently read that BC is making a killing with the revenue that it's generating.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 AM

Smile Try to get out more

If it isn't bad enough hearing what is going on in the US now we have "If an election was called to-day..." .

When it is called Rug will keep us all up to -date.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
This coming from the guy, that thinks the government does not borrow money.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0danger View Post
This coming from the guy, that thinks the government does not borrow money.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
As opposed to Justin and the Liberals as a whole? Last I heard there are 4 ethics, etc investigations into Justin himself. Nanny's, vacations, etc, etc......I don't remember any of that with Harper and the Tories. Duffygate was their controversy and that was one bad apple in the Senate......not the Prime Minister himself. Maybe you have the two parties confused with one another?