Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM

Default This past Saturday at Lac St. Anne

My SIL, Super Dave, and I arrived at West Cove slightly after 8:00 am. Weather was overcast, cold and windy but no rain. I took him to the same spot I fished with a buddy last Saturday but the fishing was slow, especially for SD who caught zero fish. Not a good experience for a first time walleye fisherman.

We then moved to the narrows. As the temperature heated up, so did the action, at least for SD and me. Of the dozen or so anglers around us, we witnessed only 3 fish hooked. Together, Dave and I hooked well over 20 walleye. Our success is a result of all the tips and suggestions I've received from AO members and TFH staff. Thanks, guys!!

Bobby B.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

it really is amassing how one or two little tips can make all the difference. glad you guys had fun. it is a little amusing to be catching fish when those around you are getting skunked (not so much when your the one getting skunked)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
My SIL, Super Dave, and I arrived at West Cove slightly after 8:00 am. Weather was overcast, cold and windy but no rain. I took him to the same spot I fished with a buddy last Saturday but the fishing was slow, especially for SD who caught zero fish. Not a good experience for a first time walleye fisherman.

We then moved to the narrows. As the temperature heated up, so did the action, at least for SD and me. Of the dozen or so anglers around us, we witnessed only 3 fish hooked. Together, Dave and I hooked well over 20 walleye. Our success is a result of all the tips and suggestions I've received from AO members and TFH staff. Thanks, guys!!

Bobby B.
Good job!

My brother and I were there on Saturay as well. Arrived approx 7:30 pm though. We fished our spot on Farming island. I boated 17 Walleyes smallest was 20 inches and the largest was 20.75 inches. I lost 10 fish. My brother boated 5 walleyes. Larest was 20.0 inches and smalles was 18.0, he boated a 10 lb jack and also had 5 get off. We were there for about 2.5 hrs.

We were about 50 feet away from another boat with a guy and his GF. They only caught 3 fish in the entire time we were there. I kind of felt sorry for them..
Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
it really is amassing how one or two little tips can make all the difference. glad you guys had fun. it is a little amusing to be catching fish when those around you are getting skunked (not so much when your the one getting skunked)
I usually like seeing others snag a few to be honest. Was out in Vegreville last night and these punk kids were going gaga over tiny perch. Who the hell goes fishing and blasts hip hop music. #rage