Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2010, 09:02 PM

Angry TELUS Mobility Rant!

So I have a Blackberry Curve through work and the Trackball crapped out. No big deal just replace it right??? WRONG!!! Went to the Phone Experts to get a new one and the first thing that was asked is "Did you buy it here?". Who cares... you are an authorized Telus Dealer so just because the phone wasn't purchased there you won't sell me a part for this POS phone .

The chick at the counter told me that because it wasn't in my name and it wasn't purchased there they couldn't pull up any "billing info". I explained that I would gladly fork over the $12 for the replacement, no billing info had to be disclosed. It's a piece of hardware it's not like I was trying to pull up the bill or change a plan or something like that.

I need my phone to take calls, the thing is stuck on silent ringer right now and without the trackball working there is no way to change the setting so it will ring. I was informed that if I wanted I could send it away and have it replaced under maufacture waranty, it will be back in 3 - 6 weeks. PERFECT I'M TAKING THE REST OF THE FALL OFF AND GOING HUNTING!

This kind of **** is why there is no longer any Telus products in my house!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 PM

i hate telus. i switched to bell 5 years ago, great customer service, on the phone and at the retail level.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 PM

Default Ill help

Come out to Wheatland Cellular in Strathmore ill replace it for you for free, after hunting season is over that is!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:32 PM

i just had a incident too with them...
i called them up and said that I have been a faithfull customer since they had XJ phones and so on. and asked if could have my contract slid ahead one month so could get a new cell phone for 0$.

she said NO!..I cant modify a contract...

but what she could do...
I picked a program they offered and she added free call display, free early evenings and weekends, sheetloads of texting and media something(i dont even know what that is) and call forwarding etc etc for BOTH the wife and I.

all tottalled a little over 30 dollars a month worth of features for 36 months.(about a $1000 savings in my wallet)..and a new contract program that lowers my monthly bill by 25%, then to top it all off a 100$ credit towards each of our new phones.
and all i wanted was a 1 month slide on the contract..

curse the jerks!!tan there oily hides

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31

Last edited by roger; 11-03-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM

oh ya and last spring i get a call from telus on my landline..
saying we have looked at your account and you are paying to much for your products. could we offer you a option that would lower your monthly bill..
hmmm.
again almost cut it in half to under $40 a month. more services, more long distance, call display and so on...

boy am doing something wrong
stupid telus always calling and saving me money.
why dont they mind there own business.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned

Geeze. Just buy a $10 trackball and replace it yourself. Takes about 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHG_f...eature=related

I replace mine every 6 months. Don't need all the fancy tools. Just a sharpt knife, guitar pick, etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 PM

I think part of the problem is due to the shift in cell phone users over the past 10 years. Every 10 year old kid seems to be rockn' a new IPhone these days so I'm thinking the service providers have fogot the people who use their phones for business purposes. Probably not a big deal to most people to be without a cell phone for a day or two but there are some of us that have jobs that depend on the stupid things.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 PM

This is why I deal with Rogers great service and hardly ever drop calls.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Geeze. Just buy a $10 trackball and replace it yourself. Takes about 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHG_f...eature=related

I replace mine every 6 months. Don't need all the fancy tools. Just a sharpt knife, guitar pick, etc.
You have all the answers.... if they would sell me the trackball that is.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
oh ya and last spring i get a call from telus on my landline..
saying we have looked at your account and you are paying to much for your products. could we offer you a option that would lower your monthly bill..
hmmm.
again almost cut it in half to under $40 a month. more services, more long distance, call display and so on...

boy am doing something wrong
stupid telus always calling and saving me money.
why dont they mind there own business.
man times change.

telus would not give me a better rate plan,no matter what i asked them for. then i went to bell and got a quote, which was about $45 less per month.

then i called telus back to cancel my contract, and when i told them why, they said they would match my new quote from bell! wtf?? almost like dealing with a politicain!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck$ View Post
You have all the answers.... if they would sell me the trackball that is.
Well I don't know what moron wouldn't sell you one. Unless they had no stock, or you were asking them to do it, or do the service work, or they THOUGHT you were asking them to. You don't even need to go to a Telus store. Just a store that sells BB's. Phone first to see if they have them in stock. Almost all do. They get them in sheets of 50. Or better yet, buy a bunch off ebay (they're about 5 bucks each) and keep them at home. --> trackball

Radio Shack (Source) might have some in stock up there.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Well I don't know what moron wouldn't sell you one. Unless they had no stock, or you were asking them to do it, or do the service work, or they THOUGHT you were asking them to. You don't even need to go to a Telus store. Just a store that sells BB's. Phone first to see if they have them in stock. Almost all do. They get them in sheets of 50. Or better yet, buy a bunch off ebay (they're about 5 bucks each) and keep them at home. --> trackball

Radio Shack (Source) might have some in stock up there.
I tried to buy one at the Rodgers store and the Bell store and they both asked the same question about where the phone was purchased. As soon as I told them it was a Telus phone they didn't have any in stock etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
I tried to buy one at the Rodgers store and the Bell store and they both asked the same question about where the phone was purchased. As soon as I told them it was a Telus phone they didn't have any in stock etc.
What the hell is up with Sylvan lake dealers?!??? I just walked into a Cel phone store at Southcentre mall and said "can I get a BB curve trackball please?" She opened the drawer,
"sure, here ya go...$10.50 please"
"thank you. Bye". I've purchased three like this. Both at Southcentre and Chinook. Never any questions.

But in the meantime...you should be able to clean it and it will work fine for a while. Pop the o-ring out...turn the phone upside down and shake out the track ball. With a magnifying glass, look closely on the little plastic rollers (not the ball...smaller tiny rollers) you'll see a build up of dirt, dust, etc. Take your fingernail and scrape that off. Also inside where the trackball sits, take a q-tip and clean out the dust and dirt in there. Put it all back, it should work for a while. Then order a few off ebay and keep them in your drawer for back up.

The trackball was the BB's Achilles heel. stupid thing is a funnel for dirt.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM

I guess I should clarify. It's a new CURVE Model. It doesn't have the roller its a flat sensor type thing like these...

Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 PM

You are slamming Telus because of a poor Dealer? I'm with Roger on this one, Telus just won't mind their business, phone me once a year to make sure my plan is good for me. Don't they have anything better to do than try to save me money. Can't wait till Christmas to see what my Platinum Perks present is.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
So I have a Blackberry Curve through work and the Trackball crapped out. No big deal just replace it right??? WRONG!!! Went to the Phone Experts to get a new one and the first thing that was asked is "Did you buy it here?". Who cares... you are an authorized Telus Dealer so just because the phone wasn't purchased there you won't sell me a part for this POS phone .

The chick at the counter told me that because it wasn't in my name and it wasn't purchased there they couldn't pull up any "billing info". I explained that I would gladly fork over the $12 for the replacement, no billing info had to be disclosed. It's a piece of hardware it's not like I was trying to pull up the bill or change a plan or something like that.

I need my phone to take calls, the thing is stuck on silent ringer right now and without the trackball working there is no way to change the setting so it will ring. I was informed that if I wanted I could send it away and have it replaced under maufacture waranty, it will be back in 3 - 6 weeks. PERFECT I'M TAKING THE REST OF THE FALL OFF AND GOING HUNTING!

This kind of **** is why there is no longer any Telus products in my house!
I don't think Telus is the culprit, its the Phone Experts. I had to replace the track ball n my phone and went to the nearest Blackberry dealer and had it replaced, they didn't even pull up my account info. If you aren't getting it replace on a warranty anyone will do it. Go to a different Telus dealership, I would imagine places like Future Shop etc that sell BB's will do it as well.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 AM

We are with telus, not much of a problem here, but the billing, now they charge you an extra $2.00 for them to send out the bill, they want you to print it off line.

If they want to save a tree they should quit sending them stupid "perks" coupons with the bill and put everything on one bill instead of 3.

There, that's my petpeve about telus mobility, The other telus part TV, Internet, and land line phone is another story
Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
I guess I should clarify. It's a new CURVE Model. It doesn't have the roller its a flat sensor type thing like these...

So its your trackPAD you're looking to fix. (sigh). Completely different ball game. Would have been nice to have that clarified from the beginning. Good luck with that. Getting ANY phone warranty service from any dealer is a pain.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I don't think Telus is the culprit, its the Phone Experts. I had to replace the track ball n my phone and went to the nearest Blackberry dealer and had it replaced, they didn't even pull up my account info. If you aren't getting it replace on a warranty anyone will do it. Go to a different Telus dealership, I would imagine places like Future Shop etc that sell BB's will do it as well.
Uhh...read his post #14...its a trackPAD....not a trackBALL. Those aren't as easy, aren't as readily available.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:32 AM

Sorry about that I'm not a cell phone nerd. Anyways when I showed them the phone last night they said they had a TRACKPAD They just couldn't sell it to me b/c of reasons I already explained. It's not that they couldn't fiix it and help me out its just that they choose not to.

I have a brand new CrackBerry comming from Calgary should be at noon.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Default Trackpad vs Tracball

That is definately a manufacturers warranty issue. It would need to be sent off for repair. The turnaround is about 2 to 6 weeks depending on the current repairs workload they are experiencing. This time of year expect about 3 to 4 weeks.

We as dealers are not supplyed with track pads and i dont forsee it happening in the future as it would be a problem better fixed by an authorized technician. I could be wrong and have been in the past (just dont tell the wife)
Old 11-04-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berjerkin View Post
man times change.

telus would not give me a better rate plan,no matter what i asked them for. then i went to bell and got a quote, which was about $45 less per month.

then i called telus back to cancel my contract, and when i told them why, they said they would match my new quote from bell! wtf?? almost like dealing with a politicain!
Yeah big biz hey? I call shaw every 6 months and tell them I want to cancel my service then they transfer you to the "saver" someone to talk you out of it. I just feed them a bunch of crap like how much better of a deal telus just offered me and they always match it. I encourage anyone to do this if you have a spare 10 minutes call them up and tell them you were offered a full hd package no charge hd box home phone and Internet with the premium channel package for less then $100. My brother told me to after I found out I was paying $60 a month more then him for a lesser package!