Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Very nice congrats!
Old 12-09-2018, 07:21 PM

Congrats Kenmore on another great Mature deer! Any tcams pics or other sheds? I think you were drawn for elk how did you end up making out?
Old 12-10-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
Congrats Kenmore on another great Mature deer! Any tcams pics or other sheds? I think you were drawn for elk how did you end up making out?
I have one side off him from last year. He went downhill...as a lot of good bucks in our area did the past year. I do believe i took his father in 2015 as his antler configuration is identical...same stickers in exact same spots. Unfortunately...not a single tcam pic of this fellow this year. Came out of nowhere at 230 in the afternoon.

Elk was fun...yet disappointing. Unregulated hunters had shot 13 bull moose and 9 big bull elk in the week prior to my trip so everything was stirred up and moving mainly at night. . Still had fun...managed to take a nice 6x6...but not the bull i had waited 19 years for.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmore View Post
I have one side off him from last year. He went downhill...as a lot of good bucks in our area did the past year. I do believe i took his father in 2015 as his antler configuration is identical...same stickers in exact same spots. Unfortunately...not a single tcam pic of this fellow this year. Came out of nowhere at 230 in the afternoon.

Elk was fun...yet disappointing. Unregulated hunters had shot 13 bull moose and 9 big bull elk in the week prior to my trip so everything was stirred up and moving mainly at night. . Still had fun...managed to take a nice 6x6...but not the bull i had waited 19 years for.
Gotta love the rut for that. Unfortunately this is all to common lately as am sure you know all to well. Glad to hear you got a nice bull anyways though.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:39 PM

Great buck,congrats!! 😎
Old 12-13-2018, 02:13 PM

Excellent buck congrats!I don't think you're a blind squirrel.i bet you worked for that buck! curious if all those bulls were killed in 52.might be a good area to not put in the draw for considering that carnage.sad
Old 12-13-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumrare View Post
Excellent buck congrats!I don't think you're a blind squirrel.i bet you worked for that buck! curious if all those bulls were killed in 52.might be a good area to not put in the draw for considering that carnage.sad
No...they were slaughtered in 39. I also found a 6x6 elk and a 36" moose with just the hinds and backstraps taken. They drove right across a canola field for the moose...swathed....and thru standing peas for the elk. It is becoming an epidemic on the east side of the province!

I may have put in a bit of work!! Lol!! It usually pays off! Thanks for the congrats!!