Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM

Default the week the women left...

seriously did they seek out the most male chauvinist town on all of canada??...last years was semi-interesting..this years seems to be such an anti man diatribe it is hard to watch....anyone else feel that way or am i just beeing too touchy feely?? haha
Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Big.Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
seriously did they seek out the most male chauvinist town on all of canada??...last years was semi-interesting..this years seems to be such an anti man diatribe it is hard to watch....anyone else feel that way or am i just beeing too touchy feely?? haha
I caught part of it, I think your right lol
Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I think the whole premise of the show is rather sexist. wouldn't want to say that out loud though. Granted, some of the guys involved do deserve a bit of ridicule.

Of course, if you developed a show that was the opposite (showing how helpless some women are) you would probably get into alot of trouble.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:08 PM

Neat watching all those CBC tax dollars at work.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copidosoma View Post
I think the whole premise of the show is rather sexist. wouldn't want to say that out loud though. Granted, some of the guys involved do deserve a bit of ridicule.

Of course, if you developed a show that was the opposite (showing how helpless some women are) you would probably get into alot of trouble.
i said this to my wife..i would like to see the opposite done.....not that women aren't fully capable..i am not saying that at all...but i would like to see it done.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 PM

Clash, that is NOT a battle you wanna pick. The show would have the be called, "The YEAR The Men Left"! Then if may get interesting. Vegas anyone????

Tree
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 AM

Default lol

Quote:
i said this to my wife..i would like to see the opposite done.....not that women aren't fully capable..i am not saying that at all...but i would like to see it done.

I guess thats why breton wasnt picked to do the show, cause thats what happens every second week when long change is over.

not a guy left in town were all back on the rig.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 AM

Tree is right, it would have to be The Year the men went! ;p My hubby works on the rigs, he's gone for weeks at a time but even if he was home every night I still take care of things that he couldn't handle over a weekend alone
Old 02-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
I guess thats why breton wasnt picked to do the show, cause thats what happens every second week when long change is over.

not a guy left in town were all back on the rig.
And what, pray tell, be the name of this town filled with lonely women and no men? I'm trying to pick a vacation spot
Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 AM

LOL I kinda liked it it was funny last week when that one woman was all "Ive left my husband in charge of my prized garden, and he knows how important it is to me, bla bla" and in the next scene is him throwing tomatoes up in the air for him and his buddies to shoot, and using squash for target practice. I laughed my ass off!

But yeah I agree that they seemed to go out of their way to find the most pathetic men in Canada. I wouldn't say male chauvinism per say, but completely dependent on women to the point where the can't function without them. Its really kinda sad. I'm conducting my own experiment of this show on Saturday, as im off to Los Cabos and leaving my hubby at home with a 7 year old, a almost 2 year old, a motel & cleaning staff to manage. We shall see what happens.. maybe I should set up cameras for entertainment purposes later lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Banned

I get to star next week in my own reality horror show.
Its called "The Week Jamie’s Wife left him"

Heidi is off to NY with my daughter for a week of shows, restaurants, sight seeing and watching her Mom sing at Carnegie hall. Oh and did I mention SHOPPING!!

Willy and I will be left to our own devices. Not sure how it is all going to work out, but she has a schedule planned for us. And I demanded all laundry be done and the fridge stocked. Ok.. Demanded may be a bit harsh.. Perhaps begged is a better word.

Should be a good week, other than having to drive him to school and pick him up every day. Driving in the am isn’t a issue, but the pick up could get tricky with work and all.

I know Willy and I can do this. I have faith.. Heidi has NO FAITH.

Jamie
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM

All time "low" thread - discussing reality TV IMO.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
Yup, for one, if it's reality TV it's likely scripted.
for two, My wife leaving me for two or thre weeks is no biggy for me.
I don't trash her tomoatoes, roses, or load ammo in the kitchen or clean BPCR cases in the dishwasher, either . Uh, WAITAMINIT - better delete that last comment!
Cat
Old 02-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
And what, pray tell, be the name of this town filled with lonely women and no men? I'm trying to pick a vacation spot

oky this would be right up your alley, you wouldnt even have to bait these girls in shed be all spot and stalk.for sure catch, right outside the hotel.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
and yet you still read and posted on it....LOL
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM

Default no girls

hey cat! do you use the pot cycle for the cases or just regular wash,and is jetdry considered case lube?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomstick View Post
hey cat! do you use the pot cycle for the cases or just regular wash,and is jetdry considered case lube?
Pots and pans and super hot drying time - oh, ya the washing machine is GREAT for my shotgun boresnakes!
You just stick them in one of those wsher baggies and PRESTO! No more junk in the snake !
Cat
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
oky this would be right up your alley, you wouldnt even have to bait these girls in shed be all spot and stalk.for sure catch, right outside the hotel.
Worst part of this is I know where Breton is and I have stayed in that hotel.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justagirl View Post

But yeah I agree that they seemed to go out of their way to find the most pathetic men in Canada.
We have to realize that the producers of the show manipulate things to up the entertainment value. They don't show the 95% of guys who are sane, civilized, and get along just fine. Same thing in shows from WifeSwap to The Bachelor to Survivor. Normal people don't make good TV, so they don't show them much. They aren't trying to make an "anti-male" statement. They are just trying to create some heat, get some viewers, and sell some commercial airtime. As I've said before, "Reality TV" is about as far from reality as you can get.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 AM

oh i agree, know and understand this...i am just amazed that it is so blatent...i find this round even more so than last. i think it can be a relativley funny show at times...but i am amazed that a.) they can find sooo many men that seem almost unable to tie their own shoes let alone hold down a job or help take care of their kids ....and b.) that these men are willing to go on a national tv show and look like...well the village idiot....

takes all kinds i guess.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
that these men are willing to go on a national tv show and look like...well the village idiot....

takes all kinds i guess.
I hear ya. Look how many people want to go on Jerry Springer/ Maury Povich type shows and air their dirty laundry and sick twisted lives. You would have to pay me DEEP into six figures, maybe 7 to do that. Others want to do it for free., apparently just to get on TV.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM

but what i find myself wondering is if, when they watch the program, they see themselves like i see them. do they hear themselves do their best beavis and ******** impersonation when asked if they are going to do any house work...??..makes me shake my head....i would be embarrassed to appear as idiotic and as useless as most of the men on this show seem to be.