Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2024, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwoman View Post
It took me a while but finally I got me new password so I could let youse guys know about Keg.

Keg went into the Hospital with Pneumonia in early January. Through that stay his Doctor obviously suspected more issues so they flew him to Grande Prairie for an MRI.

The results of that test were advanced Bone Cancer. Keg died peacefully on January 30, 2024.

I was not at the hospital when Keg died, they phoned me. I planned to go that day but had not gotten there yet BUT he had gotten so thin I don't think any of you who have met him would have recognized him.

Keg is in Heaven with Jesus now and he has no more pain.

Now it up to all of us here to remember him fondly and man I miss him like the dickens.
My sincerest condolences. He was a solid outstanding guy and will miss him. Thanks for letting us know he died peacefully.

Big hug from all.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-12-2024, 12:33 PM

Quote:
It took me a while but finally I got me new password so I could let youse guys know about Keg.

Keg went into the Hospital with Pneumonia in early January. Through that stay his Doctor obviously suspected more issues so they flew him to Grande Prairie for an MRI.

The results of that test were advanced Bone Cancer. Keg died peacefully on January 30, 2024.

I was not at the hospital when Keg died, they phoned me. I planned to go that day but had not gotten there yet BUT he had gotten so thin I don't think any of you who have met him would have recognized him.

Keg is in Heaven with Jesus now and he has no more pain.

Now it up to all of us here to remember him fondly and man I miss him like the dickens.
Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. RIP Keg.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:48 PM

Just seeing this. Condolences to his family. A real loss for everyone.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:00 PM

Default Thanks to all who have posted

This is Keg's wife, Patty, that silly American who fell head over heels in love with this fella................It has not been even 30 days and I keep waiting for Keg to come into a room I am in, ask what's for supper and how my day is going.............but those days are gone, till I meet him in Heaven.

Keg's family has been very helpful, especially his younger brother, Ken. He came as soon as he knew to secure Keg's guns and I will forever be thankful to him for doing so and a lot of other stuff he has done in two visits too.

All of Keg's family has been helpful and great and they are keeping this silly American in their family.............SHE plans to become a Canadian Citizen in the next year............she just had to work out some paperwork like renewing her Permanent Resident Card....... I thought it expired the end of 2024 but oh no.... it was 2023.............but family has helped me get the application into the mail and once I get that I can finally become a Canadian Citizen. Some folks have wondered if I am going back to the USA but why would I? My family is up here.................at least all of my Tupper family. They have included me and I don't feel the need to go back to the USA, except to visit.

All of you take care of yourselves and hang onto those camera mounts you have cause I do not know how to make them................. Toodles
Old 02-22-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
This is Keg's wife, Patty, that silly American who fell head over heels in love with this fella................It has not been even 30 days and I keep waiting for Keg to come into a room I am in, ask what's for supper and how my day is going.............but those days are gone, till I meet him in Heaven.

Keg's family has been very helpful, especially his younger brother, Ken. He came as soon as he knew to secure Keg's guns and I will forever be thankful to him for doing so and a lot of other stuff he has done in two visits too.

All of Keg's family has been helpful and great and they are keeping this silly American in their family.............SHE plans to become a Canadian Citizen in the next year............she just had to work out some paperwork like renewing her Permanent Resident Card....... I thought it expired the end of 2024 but oh no.... it was 2023.............but family has helped me get the application into the mail and once I get that I can finally become a Canadian Citizen. Some folks have wondered if I am going back to the USA but why would I? My family is up here.................at least all of my Tupper family. They have included me and I don't feel the need to go back to the USA, except to visit.

All of you take care of yourselves and hang onto those camera mounts you have cause I do not know how to make them................. Toodles
It was great talking with you last week Patty. Sounds like you're slowly putting things together. Take care. Darrel
Old 02-22-2024, 10:22 PM

Oh trust me I break into tears quite a lot everyday but I know Keg is not in any pain and that is a huge relief to me. I will see him again when I get to Heaven and that alone is what keeps me comforted.

Brother Ken was back again today and sorted some more items. He has checked out the campers and trailers on our property and told me which ones are worth keeping or selling and which ones are not.

I thank all of you for the posts you have made here.

All of you take care of yourselves and hug your loved ones.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:04 AM

Sending sincere condolences and prayers to you Batwoman

May Keg Rest in Peace

Mr Conservation
Old 02-24-2024, 10:05 PM

Just down the road in PR if you need help with anything. Winter is almost finished and spring will be here. Hopefully it will lift your spirits.

PCFGA on Facebook