Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-05-2015, 01:54 PM

^^^^^^ I like that. I'm going to use that next time. :-)
Old 01-05-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
I start playing the most obnoxious death metal as loud as possible when some douche parks beside me...
Hahaha yes!! I did this once before and it worked! True story, I had a worksite dewalt stereo in my truck, some old dude came over to our group on his snowmobile, asked how fishing was,my answer was slow. Then he literally grabbed his rod and started fishing in our pre drilled holes, I couldn't believe it! I honestly didn't know what to do, he seemed like a nice enough old fella so I felt embarrassed to even get angry, but that's just not ok to me! So, instead of confronting him, I grabbed the stereo, plugged in the iPhone and let her rip, loudest heaviest music I had, old fella didn't last through more then 3 songs before he left.

We take these risks in life, not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us. Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. - No Fear

http://youtu.be/3JbTBYk7xII

http://youtu.be/Ujl2kz1M8y8
Old 01-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Yeah hard to know personal space but the further the better I say. I have a dog that is not the most friendly, so I try to go where nobody is around. When someone comes close, I either have to pack up and move or put her in the truck. I dont go to busy places specifically for this reason.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

thats funny retten.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamilton View Post
Yeah hard to know personal space but the further the better I say. I have a dog that is not the most friendly, so I try to go where nobody is around. When someone comes close, I either have to pack up and move or put her in the truck. I dont go to busy places specifically for this reason.
My dog is the opposite - has to say hi to everyone in a 200 yard radius of her - so I also tend to stay away from the crowd. Easy way to be sure someone isn't fishing 20 feet from me - get away from everyone else. And if they see it's just me around and my dog is running about and they still choose to fish close, well.... Guess you'll have a visitor every now and again.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:34 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't purposely stop anywhere close to someone else fishing if I had an alternative. You always leave people their space and priority. I guess I'd fish within a suitable distance (but not on the other side of the lake) if I felt that was really the place to be and there was no alternative.

Like the death metal use there. I can imagine the other guys "Man, you try to get some peace and quiet fishing out there, be friendly to the other fishermen, but they're so rude. Start blasting death metal..."
Old 01-06-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyman41 View Post
I fished gull recently. Went out of my way to head to a quiet spot away from people.

Within a 1/2 hr I had one guy on either side of me at about 200yards away. No big deal that's plenty of space for me. Within an hour there were a line of about a dozen trucks, each evenly spaced give or take. They must have figured we knew something they didn't about where the fish are.
Anyway, I'm fishing away when I hear a truck pull up close to my shack. I pop my head out figuring that it's either a friend or fish and wildlife or something. No it's a guy unloading his gear I between myself and my truck. I'm maybe 20 yards away from my truck so he's 10 from me and 10 from it.

I'm not really a confrontational guy but needless to say I was pretty ****ed. The guy comes over asks how the fishing was and I just asked if he thought he was a little close to me. His reply was I was that I don't own the lake. I agreed and decided to pack up and leave. I just couldn't believe someone could be that ignorant.
People will always do this..

You want a fun time.. Go out with 3 or 4 buddies. Take seperate vehicles and seperate tents. Pick a random spot on the lake.. people will see 4 tents, 4 vehicles and drive there to set up as they think you have a honey hole. hahahahah.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Banned

^^^^ and then you leave..
Old 01-06-2015, 06:03 PM

12 inches is my driving minimum. Bunch of goof balls out there these days. I just can't stand snowmobiles ripping around my tent, almost got into a fist fight last year with some idiot.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 AM

How close is to close, depends I guess. I feel 50 feet is fine. If a guy is expecting more than that on a busy lake I'd suggest he fish else where. If guys are pulling up close and want to fish together and share a good conversation I'm all for that also! Just keep some space from my truck is all I want.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Default Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Also, if you're the owner of a dog you can't control that loves bounding across the ice for 400/500 yards and playing with every tip up they can find and generally harassing others throughout the day, please keep it on a leash, keep it in your tent or don't take it fishing.

x2 !! had one pee on the tent once...not impressed.