Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-10-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Yaker View Post
And I get a kick out of the it's been confirmed by a biologist comment..
Really because those who manage our fisheries have done such a great job and neeeever make mistakes right.LMFAO.
Please note: Biologists do not manage your fisheries, Politian's do.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Yaker View Post
Good call Young Gun. I love the fear mongering.
Theres people who know what they are talking about, and there are people who think they know everything.

you decide what side of the fence you want to be on my friend.

Have fun fishing la nonne this spring. Let us know how it goes for you.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
Please note: Biologists do not manage your fisheries, Politian's do.
x2

the bios have known the solution to the algae bloom issues with our lakes for decades. People who are happy to catch a few fish in a day and people who dont want to have their septic systems pumped nor move their cattle operations elsewhere are the wall that solution faces. Its going to cost money and step on toes to fix these issues. The voting public is going to have to support some changes or it will just stay business as usual.

Maybe losing a big "healthy" lake like LLN will open some eyes.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
x2

the bios have known the solution to the algae bloom issues with our lakes for decades. People who are happy to catch a few fish in a day and people who dont want to have their septic systems pumped nor move their cattle operations elsewhere are the wall that solution faces. Its going to cost money and step on toes to fix these issues. The voting public is going to have to support some changes or it will just stay business as usual.
Yep
Old 03-10-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
x2

Well said sir! Well said.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:09 PM

Relevant video from the Edmonton Journal on land use and water quality on Lake Isle, similar geography and land-use as Lac la Nonne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8FnEmi-l0
Old 03-11-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
x2

Hi Jamie, I sent you a PM looking for contact information @ SRD.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by searay View Post
Hi Jamie, I sent you a PM looking for contact information @ SRD.

Thanks
I was asked to hold off until a final round of testing is done coming right up.

After i receive word ill post responses and contact info in this thread with permission.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I was asked to hold off until a final round of testing is done coming right up.

After i receive word ill post responses and contact info in this thread with permission.
great thanks !
Old 03-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
x2

I'll just stop commenting now... If anything probably benefiting me for the doubt all of this rambling. You continue to brainwash the public with what you "believe" too be true, and that equals less bafoons turning out to fish on la nonne and results in more fish for me. So no one trust me, everyone Mr. Biologist is right(Wouldn't be the first time ESRD was wrong, probably wont be the last.)

Last edited by embury93; 03-11-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaYoungGun_93 View Post
I'll just stop commenting now... If anything probably benefiting me for the doubt all of this rambling. You continue to brainwash the public with what you "believe" too be true, and that equals less bafoons turning out to fish on la nonne and results in more fish for me. So no one trust me, everyone Mr. Biologist is right(Wouldn't be the first time ERSD was wrong, probably wont be the last.)
Thats a great attitude. Head in the sand displayed by text ^^

After all of this...i honestly hope Im wrong...the reports are wrong and the lake is doing just fine...but i wont blindly ignore scientific fact because i can go out and catch 3 fish. If you choose that road i take no issue with it. But to accuse me of "brainwashing" is quite the stretch. Anecdotal evidence or actual low o2 counts and the bottom littered with dead fish...you choose whats real and what is "belief".

Tight lines AlbertaYoungGun_93. i hope you smoke a bunch of fish out there after ice out. Also hope you will update us and post pics so i can eat my words. I would love to admit i was wrong on this.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:36 AM

If any of you use iFish Alberta you will see that many people are seeing dead fish all over the bottom of the lake....