Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Let Calgary have bass pro shops bring us a Cabelas...Or sportsmens warehouse
I wish they would open something here. I have heard rumblings that Cabelas is looking at opening in either Calgary or Red deer.. I keep looking but yet to find any truth to this.. One can olnly hope they decide to build close to Edmonton
Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Let Calgary have bass pro shops bring us a Cabelas...Or sportsmens warehouse
I doubt you'll see a sportsmen's warehouse. They filed for bankruptcy.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Its missing its own exit off of the highway, it would save all that extra driving.

I am coming from the south so I have to double back off of the exit N of the mall.
IMO we need a seperate entrance/exit for all the northbound then southbound travellers
Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
We're not at their throats, but if they wanted to please the crowd by good feedback, they should read this post. Since they didn't have a comment card when I was there the last time, how else are we going to get more stuff. They don't have everything...
I'm pretty sure there are comment cards near the exits. If not, you can go to the customer service desk and let them know what you are looking for and it will be passed on to the 'decision makers' upstairs . Unfortunately, most of the 'stock' decisions were made by the head office in the states, so they don't necessarily know what people up here are looking for. Keep trying, they'll get it eventually
Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 PM

Default Can't wait

Just got back from Spokane..Got to see Caleba's and Sportsman Wharehouse...With our dollar in the toilet..only came away with the best of deals...but found out UFA has bought out Sportsman Wharehouse and will all become Wholesale Sports...Can't wait to see BPS tomorrow to compare some
prices
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 AM

Default Cabelas Calgary

Yes Cabelas is coming to to town. They are going out by Calaway park on hiway 1. Was talking to the guys at Woody's RV the other day and Woody and Cabelas are going to be building new big locations side by side out there. They are all just waiting for things to turn around before construction. Woody's is going to be something like 500k sq ft as well as the usual Cabelas.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

That is great news, I mean for Cabelas, i'll definitely leave my money there!!!
Hope it happens!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM

I think we can all take a deep breath and give em a little bit of a break. i talked to some kind of a section manager in the fishing section on Sunday and he had said that the selection of gear and inventory that they brought in was a cross section of the Toronto and Denver store for now.....They have a process that is ongoing but that has already started as far as bringing in local and specific gear. He did mention that the ice fishing section wasnt nearly as complete as they had hoped for, but for next season it would be killer.

I loved the store! glad to have it so close
Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM

I was planning on going down next week for the big grand opening, got two gift certificates for xmas and they have been burning a hole in my wallet since then waiting for the opening, I was wondering, looking at the posts, if I should maybe wait a little bit until they get all their stock in, any advice from those who have made the trip?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:25 PM

I used my $100 gift cert last weekend, and then was told I still had $30 left on it?...turns out my wife bought it online at Christmas and it was USD...so am going back tomorrow...I suspect if you wait for the grand opening deals you will not be alone...sk
Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
We're not at their throats, but if they wanted to please the crowd by good feedback, they should read this post. Since they didn't have a comment card when I was there the last time, how else are we going to get more stuff. They don't have everything...
If there is somethig in the store that you really think should be there, my guess would be to speak face to face with a department manager at the store, not post random comments on an internet bulletin board. You cant expect them to come looking for negative feedback.

Tags
bass, pro