Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2020, 02:36 PM

Default Shout Out to our Ab Health Care System

Got to love our health care system in Central Ab, here’s my story.

My Doc moved from Sylvan just over 1 year ago, while reading the local paper, there was a notice that two new Doc’s are accepting patients. Made the call scheduled a phone consult with a nurse for July 30th, she called me on the promised day/time, spent 15-20 min in a Q&A, helping build a profile, at the end of the call she said I was accepted and I have a new Doc in Sylvan …. Hooray!

Since May, I’ve been experiencing on & off headaches/migraines or days when it’s just pressure like when your ball cap is too tight, made some routine adjustments, no booze, went to 1 decaf coffee, 8-9 glasses of water, more sleep & still walk 12-14 miles a week on the golf course, but very little to no improvements.

On Aug 31st I call the Doc’s office for an appointment, surprised to get in on Sept 03, spent ½ hour with him checking me out & answering Q’s. He sent me for blood work got in this Thursday morning Sept 10th , also said to get my vision checked got in the same afternoon for eye dilation test in R/D.

This morning R/D Hospital called and said they have a MRI cancellation for tomorrow, Sept 9th at 4:00, so I grabbed it.

Must be good karma or someone in higher places is looking after me. I see a new Doc on Sept 03rd & getting all this done in 4 working days.

Hope my story has a good ending & it’s nothing serious, my health care experience here in a small community next to Red Deer has been amazing.

Cheers

David