Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-27-2012, 02:54 PM

Hey there AO! I am extremely interested in learning to hunt big game but unfortunately don't have anyone to teach/show me. I have been Pheasant hunting before and had a great time doing so. I have completed my hunter’s education course and put numerous boxes of ammo through my 30-06. I was hoping to get out of the city at least once this season and take part in a hunt. Ideally I would like to take my first white tail this year but would be just as happy leaving the rifle at home and accompanying/helping out where I can on someone else’s hunt. I am located in Calgary and have no problem taking a few days off and driving anywhere in Alberta. More than anything I am looking for a mentor and learning about big game hunting. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Default bowhunting partner

Hey AO
im a new bowhunter this year have spent my entire summer learning to shoot im confident for up to 50 yards and feel that if i can put myself in that range my freezer will be quite happy. Unfortunately my hunting partner will be spending all of this season in McMurray and im left stranded with my new gear and no guidence. Anybody willing to take a newbie out into the field to teach some valuable lessons would be greatly appreciated. PM me if there is anybody will to take on this daunting task would be greatly appreciated and as i do with my regular hunting partner all meat is 50/50
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 AM

hey all,im looking for a new hunting partner for big game.im 46,non drinker,recent non smoker,married,in fairly good shape with 28 years hunting under my belt.i have all my own gear,rifles,outfitter tent,stove,4x4 etc.im not a know it all,pretty laid back and easy to get along with.i usualy hunt 344,346 and i have an antlerless moose tag in 352 this year.i also started sheep hunting for the first time this season also.im self employed so im pretty flexible when i can get out too.i follow the rules and i split the costs and meat 50 50.so if anyone is interested in a hunting partner or someone is willing to show me the ropes at sheep hunting let me know.id even be interested in partnering up with someone new at hunting too.im in spruce grove,drop me a pm and we can meet up and yap about it over coffee.thanks. todd.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 AM

I am completely green to hunting and was wondering if there is anyone in the Lethbridge area that is willing to take me out and show me the ropes?

I don't have a license or tags right now but would love to tag along to see how it all goes down.

I would prefer bow hunting for now because I own a bow and don't have any rifles.

I am not looking for any secret spots or anything but would love to learn how to hunt right from packing for a hunt all the way to getting back to town after getting an animal.

If anyone is interested in taking on a completely new hunter please let me know through a p.m.

I have a set of cover up camo and could probably pick up anything else small that may be needed to be able to keep out of sight during a hunt.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 AM

Default Partner in 526

Hey guys, I got a tag for a Mule Doe in WMU 526. Not the greatest draw in the world but I want to go up there and fill it out. I have some spots picked out to check out and the season starts in a few weeks. 526 is north of GP and Ill be going there from Calgary(thats where i live.) Looking for a partner to share in the costs and meat, or a partner that has tags in that same area.

For all the Newbs out there looking for a mentor, I am not new, I am not a pro either just having fun and filling up the freezer. I am not apposed to a new hunter as partner, but please be upto speed on rules/licensing ect.

I also hunt Rabbit/Hare/Grouse west of Calgary regularly and would partner up with anyone having tags down this way.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:12 PM

Looking for a hunting partner Sept 16th-23rd. Hunting elk, deer, grouse and black bear north of Hinton. I can provide all the camping gear, person must be in good shape and a proficient hunter. Early mornings, late nights and good times will be had. NO hard drinking or funny stuff
Old 08-31-2012, 01:52 AM

Default Looking for hunting partner

Hello there,
Just moved in from BC and have little experince hunting big games. Looking for a hunting partner to to get me started. I am 50 and healthy. Good with firearm and bow. very ethical, NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING. Like weekend hunts. Can not go for more than weekend due to job. I look forward to hear back from anyone need a good hunting partner. I prefer partner within my age group.

Jafours
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 AM

Default New female hunter to Alberta

Hello,

Looking for a hunting partner/group somewhere in southern/central Alberta to do some bow hunting the week of Sept 12-16. I live in Calgary but willing to do a bit of travelling. I am accuract with my bow up to 50 yards, can field dress, skin and willing to share the meat! I would like to go for muley or white-tail. All I have is general tags.

I also have a shotgun so always willing to do some bird/rabbit hunting too. Anything to get out into the woods! If there are any muzzleloader hunters in Alberta I have one of those too... ha-ha I am looking into buying a new rifle though.

Inbox me if you are interested in taking me out and showing me around.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 AM

Looking for a hunting partner for WMU 520 Moose hunt for season Nov 1 - Nov 30th. Planning on taking my cargo trailer so we'll have lots of room for gear. I live in Calgary so it'll be a bit of a drive. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a little redneck; 08-31-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Missed where driving from
Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Wendsday aug 5 going for elk leave edm afternoon.

Heading to the peace to undisclosed elk location bow hunting elk. Leaving wend afternoon. Will be back to edm sun or mon night unless tagged out sooner. If you want to go pm me will bring the camper and quad. 50/50 on gas bring your own grub. Must have own gear.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:06 AM

Default Looking for Hunting partner/fields

Hi there, I just moved back to Alberta after being away in ON for 11 years. I just bought a place out here in Morinville, just north of Edmonton.

I am in the Military, for 22 years and counting. I love to hunt goose and duck. I have my own layout blind and guns. I don't currently have any field decoys. When I was in ON I didn't field hunt we hunted over water, so I sold all my floaters to my friends.

I am looking for someone to hunt with and/or fields to hunt.

If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thank you
Old 09-01-2012, 06:57 PM

looking for new waterfowl hunting partner. Been hunting them for 20yrs on the water and the field. Have full spread of full bodies and shells canadas and snows hunting partner moved. I have spare coffin blinds if needed. I only ask to help share the scouting and permission. I travel six counties for geese . I am 32 yrs old
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Default partner

Where are you located
Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Hey I'm looking for a hunting buddy. I live in Calgary, 24 y/o and have been fairly successful bow and rifle hunting the last 6 or so years. I have plenty of experience and some decent permissions and want a hunting partner who can bring something to the table, as far as permissions and experience go in order to complement what I have already in place. If anyone wants to partner up let me know. Thanks
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN12313 View Post
Where are you located
I'm located in Morinville, about 15 mins north of Edmonton.

Where are you located?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Default Looking for WT Hunting Partner Near Beaverlodge/GP

Moved to Beaverlodge area in March. Looking for a partner to tag up with to chase whitetail this fall. Rifle or bow. I'm in my late 20's.

PM me if interested.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 PM

another post for me. just getting the bug for bird hunting although i am a noob when it comes down to it. if anyone is looking for a partner i am located in edmonton. dont have any problem driving out to a good place too
Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Default hunting partner

Hey there AO. Im a 19 year old guy that just moved up to edmonton. Im looking for someone to show me around up here and maybe give me a few good places to hunt. Im an archery only hunter and i really want to get out asap. Ive been hunting since before i can remember but i have no clue where to go up here. Pm if you can help me out
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Default Waterfowl hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingaddict View Post
looking for new waterfowl hunting partner. Been hunting them for 20yrs on the water and the field. Have full spread of full bodies and shells canadas and snows hunting partner moved. I have spare coffin blinds if needed. I only ask to help share the scouting and permission. I travel six counties for geese . I am 32 yrs old
Where are you located?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:19 PM

I'm comming up to lac la Biche end of September to fix my father inlaws roof on his outfitting lodge .close enough to cold lake
What's your number?
Caleb
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudislander View Post
I'm in Cold Lake and I hunt ducks and geese. I work weird hours but when I get time off I head out. If you are interested in heading out let me know.
I'm comming up to lac la Biche end of September to fix my father inlaws roof on his outfitting lodge .close enough to cold lake
What's your number?
Caleb
Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Default Any takers

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagencounter View Post
Heading to the peace to undisclosed elk location bow hunting elk. Leaving wend afternoon. Will be back to edm sun or mon night unless tagged out sooner. If you want to go pm me will bring the camper and quad. 50/50 on gas bring your own grub. Must have own gear.
Well last chance to go. Leaving edm tmrw. Anyone interested
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 AM

hi there im from taber area and have rifel hunted my whole life but have got into bow this past season none of my regular hunting buddys hunt with bow so if some other bow hunter would like to go hit field shoot me a pm would love to learn a trick or two
Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Default New Hunting Partner/Group

Hello,

Like everyone else here I am looking for a new hunting partner/group in or around Calgary as my G/F is fed up with me dragging her out through the bush. I am looking to pick up and fill general deer tags, or whatever I can still get and continue pheasant and grouse hunting for the year. I am looking for someone with some experience who is a ethical and respectful hunter. I have been out for pheasant and grouse this year and have had plenty of practice at the range. My exposure to hunting is limited, mainly game bird with a few unsuccessful moose hunts, but I'm not afraid to jump in head first and figure things out as I go.

About me I am a easy going 29yr old desk jockey in oil and gas, I stay fit and active in the outdoors, camping, fly/ice fishing, hiking etc. I am equipped with a 30-06, 12g O/U, and a scoped .22 savage. I have access to a German Shepherd to flush birds out. I have tons of gear and a great 4x4 truck for those tough roads.

If interested in setting something up please contact me. I would also be open to paying the costs for someone with experience to share a few things, permissions, locations, experience, etc.

Cheers,
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM

Default kfc?

im looking for a place that guy could go near peace river after work to shoot some chickens.. i use to go across the ferry to tangent but it seems there is always someone there. can somone give me a decent idea?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 PM

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you might be looking for someone to join you this year? My schedule is very flexible. I am 38 years old and like to have some good laughs while out hunting. Let me know, thanks!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Default Heading to Edson for a deer and elk hunt tommorow

I'm heading to the Edson area tomorrow for a day trip. If anyone is interested I'm leaving Edmonton early morning. Pm me if you are interested.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 AM

Hey there i live in the lethbridge area ... i have experiance hunting birds an big game . I have most everything i need except for a layout blind ... but im lookibg for a good hunting partner this year fee free to message me an we'll go from there thnkx
Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Default hey

Hey gang was wondering if there were any upland hunters looking for a partner. Want to get into ducks and geese but have the gear as of yet, i have a pretty good 3 year old choc. lad who was great up north on ruffies. now living in calgary love to get out for some birds anykind! anyway if your looking send a pm and well talk....thanks!
Darrell
Old 09-09-2012, 08:21 PM

I am 36 years old and love waterfowl hunting I only have experiance hunting over water but I have a layout blinde and a few shells. I live in sherwood park if you are interested in getting out please give me a shout back