Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-08-2015, 07:47 PM

Default New Gear And New Hunts!

With the 2014 season coming and going I am left with some wonderful memories and a full freezer. So when the gear gets cleaned and packed away for the winter its probably safe to say we all start to go into withdrawal! We all compromise in different ways when referring to “killing time” until the 2015 round. So what better way to fill the void then to day dream about new methods, game types, and some new gear we are all dying to try out? So what is it? What is your must do for 2015? I know for myself it will be a new spotting scope by vortex and a new camera to try out that will keep me desperately awaiting summer scouting and september first. I plan on trying to back pack out an elk or sheep this fall as well. So what gear is everyone itching to try and what types of hunts will you all be attempting to master? Feel free to share!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:21 PM

First bear hunt being planned, already banked hours to take days off to set up baits!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Just bought my first bow a week ago.a bow tech fuel and Now that I am 16 I can hunt on my own with a bow. Last year I also got a trail cam and first time putting it out I got a picture of a monster not typical on public land. I didn't get much chance to hunt around the area so im hopeing wit the new bow il have lots of time out there.
Here he is:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Another good looking buck:

Quote:
Fall can't come quick enouf
Old 01-08-2015, 08:23 PM

I am a gear junkie for sure. I'm debating getting a kifaru bag as my kuiu frame broke on me and the trust level has been tarnished a bit there. However they did replace no questions asked and it was prolly broke by sleeping on it ontop of a mnt in a snowstorm. FYI for all those guys looking into kuiu. They should be opening a distribution center in Canada so you don't get hit with such bad duties at the door. If you do buy from them now, expect a extra 30% mark up for exchange, shipping, dutie, handling, gst.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:34 PM

Picked up a muzzleloader this year, didnt hunt with it, hoping to put in some range time and put it to use in the fall.