Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 PM

Default Sorry I forgot.

Forgot to ask but I was hoping maybe one of you nice folks could poke a hole or two for us? I've heard there are some decent size pike in there and all I have is the ol 6"hand jobber.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Well I have a ride up there it seems...but they wanna leave Saturday night, so i may need a ride back..lol
Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
Well I have a ride up there it seems...but they wanna leave Saturday night, so i may need a ride back..lol
Yes we have to leave sat night. Dog at home, cats, and a whole slew of other animals that need to be taken care of.
But at least now you will be able to fish there

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Looks like I'll be there forsure as it looks like a few other's are bring their little ones. The wife says yes as long as I bring the daughter. But as I'm sure you all know sometimes the patience of a 5 year old.. well. But if there are some other kidlets around I think it will be a great time. I thinking the nintendo DS and the dvd player will be in the truck "just in case" see ya all there.
Oh yes... The DS is a must if you want to stay for the day. I know my kids will have them

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM

Moose,
I am sure one of us can poke some holes for you.. hopefully my new IceGator will be in to use there.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:17 PM

Default Sat Feb 6th On Gull

Guest and food list are getting a little large , I think you all know if you are going or not. And as for food just bring what you will.
I have one concern.. Does anyone know of the location on Brownlows that we should set up at ? I myself have never fished that side of the lake. If some one could send me a location on google or gps #'s that would be great. The cabin will be booked tomorrow as well , It was a two night min so we will have it for Friday night and Sat. I will be going up Friday after work I think WalleyDietz is going to travel with me as well. I can get a lil Burb fishing in on Fri night And save myself the drive early in the AM

So far these members have got a spot in the cabin

FishermanGuy
jts1
Sandalius
WalleyDietz
iliketrout

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM

please post the map when you get it. we will be up Friday night also, maybe I can talk flygirrl into some burb fishing, who knows . dont think she will run for shore at every crack of the ice when its dark. if she does it should be even more entertaining I hear she might be tying you some pretty pink wireworms to match your favorite rod Jeff!!! How lucky is that!!!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
please post the map when you get it. we will be up Friday night also, maybe I can talk flygirrl into some burb fishing, who knows . dont think she will run for shore at every crack of the ice when its dark. if she does it should be even more entertaining I hear she might be tying you some pretty pink wireworms to match your favorite rod Jeff!!! How lucky is that!!!!!
I dont run I dance, I still cant figure out what good that does Would love to go burb fishing, still havnt done that yet. Oh by the way, they will be lucky pink wire worms jst1......
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Yes, please post where we should meet. Was going to be there on Thurs, but looks like I can't make it until that night or Fri morn, and would like to get my little site on the ice set up..
For some of the ladies and kids, if they need it, I will have my porta potty along. It isn't really big as I am sure you all know what size they are, but will be there if needed. Will probably need to run to shore to dump it from time to time though...
Doug
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie55 View Post
Moose,
I am sure one of us can poke some holes for you.. hopefully my new IceGator will be in to use there.
Cool appreciate it.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
I dont run I dance,
Dancing a jig is only gonna scare the fish away

It's looking like about 40-50 people ( maybe more ) coming to this AO gathering at Gull lake

That's gonna take up quite a bit of real estate, I certainly hope there's enough space for everybody and nobody gets crowded upon or pushed out of a good spot
Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 PM

So is Sunday a go at Sylvan, or is it just Saturday at Gull?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post

It's looking like about 40-50 people ( maybe more ) coming to this AO gathering at Gull lake

That's gonna take up quite a bit of real estate, I certainly hope there's enough space for everybody and nobody gets crowded upon or pushed out of a good spot
OOPS, I always thought a rain dance brought rain and dancing a jig brought fish. So now I know why I dont have much luck ice fishing, will have to change my tactics.........
Old 01-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
So is Sunday a go at Sylvan, or is it just Saturday at Gull?
The big gathering will be at Gull on Sat, but I think a few people are gonna want to do Sylvan on Sun just because it there - just not sure how many or where yet ??
Old 01-27-2010, 04:00 PM

I wish I could make it to gull but I have to work, so any that stay over for Sunday, that want to have a another day, it would be great to meet some of you.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Does anyone know of the location on Brownlows that we should set up at ? I myself have never fished that side of the lake. If some one could send me a location on google or gps #'s that would be great.
I think if you just go out and setup in the middle of the bay @ Brownlows, that would be the best option. People can branch out from there if they want to. Should be enough room for everyone if you do that...
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Another area that might be nice is the point just a bit North of the Brownlow bay. This way you'd be away from all the crowds but close enough that it wouldn't be a hassle if someone wanted to fish with the crowd. the point has some great Jackin too. Just a thought
Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post

Man that's gonna be hard to pull off with a certain person's 100 yard rule huh???lmfao
Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Hi:
Me (Eric) and my buddy (Dave) will join you guys.
We will leave from Calgary, we can take 2 more people if anyone needs a ride.
We plan to come Saturday morning and leave later that day.
For food, we will bring two plates of ginger beef. Or if there is anything extra needed, we are very welcome to bring.
See you guys there.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACOMBE JACKSON View Post
Another area that might be nice is the point just a bit North of the Brownlow bay. This way you'd be away from all the crowds but close enough that it wouldn't be a hassle if someone wanted to fish with the crowd. the point has some great Jackin too. Just a thought
That would work too, but if people arent willing to drive on, its a long haul over there. I know there is a way to drive around closer to it, but its alot easier to find the bay.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
That would work too, but if people arent willing to drive on, its a long haul over there. I know there is a way to drive around closer to it, but its alot easier to find the bay.
Whatever works best for you all. The Bay is mostly always packed with people and vehicles so get there early and stake your claim. Wayne Christie, are you from Lacombe?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 PM

Just wondering if there are any of the peeps that are going to be at the get together that might want to give me a hand videoing some of the going-ons..
I have a Sony HandyCam that is super easy to use, and although I plan on using it a bunch, would like to be able to fish some as well, and would love it if a person or two would be willing to use it as well. Don't care too much about content...hmmm well, clean stuff anyway..haha but would like to cover a lot of the people, food, fish, etc, as I can. Was going to bring the underwater cover, but will pass on that this time.
Thanks a bunch..
Doug
Old 01-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I picked up some glow in the dark paint, you could do your thumb and stand on the highway?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-28-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACOMBE JACKSON View Post
Whatever works best for you all. The Bay is mostly always packed with people and vehicles so get there early and stake your claim. Wayne Christie, are you from Lacombe?
depends, do I win anything if I am? Nope Im from Pike and Sturgeon country,

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-29-2010, 08:07 PM

Ok Walleyedeitz , myself and maybe Steve will be there Fri night. We will just be out in front of Brownlows early Sat morn We will have Walleyedeitz's BIG ass tent set up so no one will get lost I am sure. Everyone be sure to stop off at the tent when you get on the ice.

And a big thank you to you Mr Fishermenguy. I was at work and he was able to book the cabin on his credit card. Thank you much my friend

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 01-29-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I picked up some glow in the dark paint, you could do your thumb and stand on the highway?
I'm gonna shove you down a hole.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 PM

Jts1,
I will probably stay on the ice on Friday, so will find you guys when there, and help out in any way I can.
Doug
Old 01-29-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna shove you down a hole.
shhh my wife will hear

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 01-30-2010, 01:11 AM

I'm sorry I don't think I can make it down, but I was wondering I did see a post about a Flag or a stiker too find A.O> members. Did that ever get sorted out? if so how could I get in on it?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:28 AM

What is the best time to be there in the morning? Is 9am okay, or would we want to be there earlier to get a decent spot? Is there a map to Brownlows yet? I'm a little confused about where it is.

It looks like hubby and I will be there. We'll probably tear down and head back to Calgary around 3:30-4:00 or so.

I'll also be bringing a portable toilet and a privacy shelter to put it in. This toilet doesn't flush . . . it is basically a fancy bucket.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.