Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Default Lake Bonavista Ice

Just seeing if anyone has ventured out onto Bonavista yet and how thick is the ice? Im looking to take my kids out somewhere close to home but i never risk it when their involved. We actually have access to Bonaventure so i guess it would be very similiar conditions. Thanks in advance!!!!!! S
Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 PM

Default Call the office

Call the office ,I think it's still to early.....last year it was a pain ,they started
Regulating the fishing spot....way over by the island ...
Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM

Default Regulating question

What do you mean they started regulating the spot by the island? As long as you are 100 feet from the island all is good. I have also fished beside others fishing near there and they have not caught anything while we slay them. So you don't really have to regulate the spot mostly because people don't know how or what to use there so why regulate it?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Are you allowed gas augers?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydude View Post
Are you allowed gas augers?
No
Old 12-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Default New regs there .

Pay attention you will learn something . Fishing only by the island is a
Current event . The whole lake was open not that long ago. But morons
Kept drilling holes in the skating path. I just not sure that catching stocked trout that are starving is something to brag about . Lots of poaching goes on there .
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 AM

The Lake Bonavista home owners association web site will let you know when it is open for ice fishing.
Not as of yet.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Default Lake Bonavista

Starving fish lol that's funny never heard that one. You would guess that the fishing would really be starving by February then so why don't you go out there and slay them let me know how many you catch. If you tell me you caught one even if it was a sucker I would be surprised. The big ones will not be caught by rookies I can tell you that and I plan on breaking the 15 pound mark this winter and putting the starving fish I catch out of their misery.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Always enjoy reading the post from the fisherman that is the expert on catching the tame ones.

Kill that ol 15 plus pounder and put him out of his misery. Yup then take her home and enjoy that soft gooey mess of fish .

You just keep on slaying them tame ones and maybe one day you will catch a new Alberta record.

At least you don't have far to travel if you get cold or just feel like going home for coffee and lunch.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Kept drilling holes in the skating path. I just not sure that catching stocked trout that are starving is something to brag about . Lots of poaching goes on there .
Do you mean people fishing with out permission. Cause its a man made lake you can fish by any method ?? I hope to hit one of the condo lakes this einter and chumm up a koi.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Default Bonivista fishing

Hey Troller,

Just a little tid bit for you. I have put on more miles and fished more streams and lakes then you will in 10 life times and I guarantee that. I will not lie here and when I say I have caught over 5000 wild trout that is no lie in my life so back off with the stocked lake BS. Yes it is convenient and yes I enjoy catching them there but that does not mean you have to make stupid comments like you did. The last big boys I caught I gave to the neighbor and he smoked them and I agree I would not eat them however they are firm and good eating. They are not like the monsters I catch in Montana but damn close plus I don't eat any of them anyway. If I keep them they go to a good home to peeps that do enjoy fish

I hate to say it Troller but I can picture you with your Fisher Price rod and 20 pound green line with power bait sitting at a lake like Chain Lakes catching dinks and trying to tell me how to fish I love it. You are the typical fisherman I run in to everyday all the best in your successful fishing career.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:53 PM

I like fishing. its fun...
Old 12-07-2013, 08:23 AM

LOL.........ok i really thought this was a REALLY SIMPLE QUESTION that i asked, i apologize for putting something up that started the typical AO battle.......maybe everyone is just having a horrible week!!!!!!! Hope everyone cheers up just a little bit. Love S
Old 12-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post

ya pal I agree with the holes on the skating path. that is so bad. but I already new that. didnt learn anything from your post. so as my dad always said if you fail then stop oh please stop with the insanity
Old 12-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Hey Troller,

Just a little tid bit for you. I have put on more miles and fished more streams and lakes then you will in 10 life times and I guarantee that. I will not lie here and when I say I have caught over 5000 wild trout that is no lie in my life so back off with the stocked lake BS. Yes it is convenient and yes I enjoy catching them there but that does not mean you have to make stupid comments like you did. The last big boys I caught I gave to the neighbor and he smoked them and I agree I would not eat them however they are firm and good eating. They are not like the monsters I catch in Montana but damn close plus I don't eat any of them anyway. If I keep them they go to a good home to peeps that do enjoy fish

I hate to say it Troller but I can picture you with your Fisher Price rod and 20 pound green line with power bait sitting at a lake like Chain Lakes catching dinks and trying to tell me how to fish I love it. You are the typical fisherman I run in to everyday all the best in your successful fishing career.

why so bitter chaz.

why so insecure that you have to spout about how many miles you drove or if you walked two feet further or caught 100000))) fish. cant say I give a deuce.

gee lighten up chaz. take it easy on the lad.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOCH View Post
LOL.........ok i really thought this was a REALLY SIMPLE QUESTION that i asked, i apologize for putting something up that started the typical AO battle.......maybe everyone is just having a horrible week!!!!!!! Hope everyone cheers up just a little bit. Love S

its the cold. I been jigging in my bathtub to passs the time
Old 12-07-2013, 10:34 AM

Default Don't hold back ....

Tell us what you really mean.....your starting to get into Epicangler
Territory ....

I see a very short AO career for you ,unless a attitude or brain change
Is in your future ....
Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Banned

atta boy. you telll him. we dont need that stuff here
Old 12-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew View Post
ya pal I agree with the holes on the skating path. that is so bad. but I already new that. didnt learn anything from your post. so as my dad always said if you fail then stop oh please stop with the insanity
For a fellow who has been on here for such a short time, you sure post like you've been here before,, is chaz the new brah?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:56 PM

WOW 5000 wild trout

that zeb guy is my hero now. More fishn than I will do in 10 lifetimes. wow

Let me see here, I been fishn for 60 yrs. for the past 4 I fish a min. of 3 days a week, sometimes 4 and 5 times.

Zeb you sure been fishn a lot. Even in Montana, wow: Been there my self many times, Lakers at Flathead and early spring thaw bows at Duck.

Use that cheap ass Sage rod and Hardy reel that sits in my basement with the other g loomis and such cheapo equipment.

Mind in gear before mouth son, remember that. End of lesson.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
WOW 5000 wild trout

that zeb guy is my hero now. More fishn than I will do in 10 lifetimes. wow

Let me see here, I been fishn for 60 yrs. for the past 4 I fish a min. of 3 days a week, sometimes 4 and 5 times.

Zeb you sure been fishn a lot. Even in Montana, wow: Been there my self many times, Lakers at Flathead and early spring thaw bows at Duck.

Use that cheap ass Sage rod and Hardy reel that sits in my basement with the other g loomis and such cheapo equipment.

Mind in gear before mouth son, remember that. End of lesson.
I use a canadian tire closed faced reel and rod set. I can cast real far
Old 12-07-2013, 04:40 PM

GOOD ONE
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 AM

I went to the lake lake yesterday and they said that there is 5.5 inches of ice and they need 8 to let us on!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson13 View Post
I went to the lake lake yesterday and they said that there is 5.5 inches of ice and they need 8 to let us on!
Thank You Carson.........that was the simple answer i was actually looking for, i only have access to Lake Bonaventure and really have no clue what the rules are for that particular lake, i can't find anything on the homeowners thing except for Lake Bonavista.......maybe there is no group regulating that one..any thoughts?????? S
Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 AM

I have fished bonaventure and I don't think there are any rules towards it!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Hey Troller,

There is a lot of fishermen out there that have probably accomplished what you have and more.

I have done more than my fair share but I don't doubt there are members on this forum that have accomplished more than me.

I can honestly say 5000 wild trout for an avid fishermen in the right locations is less impressive than you might think.